Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #31
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diagnosis Measles, within 12 days of MMR vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
We don't vax and i would totally take my kids to play at someone's house whose kid had CP. The CP vax is still pretty new, they don't know for sure how long immunity lasts, but we do know that contracting the virus naturally gives life long immunity. Also CP is not fatal for kids who are otherwise healthy, with a normally functioning immune system. So I think the vax is worthless anyways. I would RATHER my kids catch it naturally, be itchy and uncomfortable for a week or two, and then have life long immunity, than get a vax for a non fatal illness and not know when immunity runs out.
This for me as well..I would not be hosting a measles party, but Chicken Pox?

We do a few vax, but it has been different for every child based on needs (one preemie, one normal, one with 7 surgeries so far)

Advertisement

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #32
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
We don't vax and i would totally take my kids to play at someone's house whose kid had CP. The CP vax is still pretty new, they don't know for sure how long immunity lasts, but we do know that contracting the virus naturally gives life long immunity. Also CP is not fatal for kids who are otherwise healthy, with a normally functioning immune system. So I think the vax is worthless anyways. I would RATHER my kids catch it naturally, be itchy and uncomfortable for a week or two, and then have life long immunity, than get a vax for a non fatal illness and not know when immunity runs out.
This is my belief as well..

As far as MMR, My oldest was vax'd on schedule and ended up with Autism, however he was also a Pitocin baby, birthed by an OBGYN, and I understand there has been some connection made with those factors, not just MMR.

Then I became an almost non vax'ing family. In fact my two kids that followed after that were not vax'd for a while. My 2nd oldest got his first shots at almost 4. My daughter almost 2. I was really reluctant about the MMR, because of the autism reaction with my oldest. But..... there were some factors in the discussion of the decision made, and I went ahead with it.... Now I have 2 kids out of 4 with a reaction.... I am thinking absolutely not giving this one to my youngest. My middle child so far has not had a reaction. But 2 of 4 of my kids reacting in some way to it, not going to do it anymore. I could care less if doctors believe me when I tell them that shot is whack. (Thank goodness most of the doctors in our life are holistic and support non vaxing families)
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #33
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:

Update, my daughter is starting to feel a little better I think, the rash is going away, cough seems to be improving. Her eyes are still a bit watery, and she still has a runny nose. She has cried miserably for days, I hope to goodness today is better for her. It's been a week give or take of symptoms now, 5 of those days include the cycle of the rash.
According to the childrens clinic where her blood was drawn they said they have to send the blood off to another lab, so it will be a few days before we will know the results.
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #34
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Willow* View Post
Update, my daughter is starting to feel a little better I think, the rash is going away, cough seems to be improving. Her eyes are still a bit watery, and she still has a runny nose. She has cried miserably for days, I hope to goodness today is better for her. It's been a week give or take of symptoms now, 5 of those days include the cycle of the rash.
According to the childrens clinic where her blood was drawn they said they have to send the blood off to another lab, so it will be a few days before we will know the results.
thinking of you mama. I really hope hope HOPE today is better, too.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
Skittle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
This was how our doc reacted when we thought my kid had whooping cough. They had all the symptoms. The doc never did a culture, never tested anything, just sent us home with a "could be" diagnosis and a "call if it gets worse" follow up.

I was pretty irritated, esp since we had just travelled to a place where there was a whooping cough outbreak, I was pg., and my DD was coughing until she was blacking out or vomiting. We never got meds, and never got any answers.

Whatever it was (and I wholeheartedly believe it was whooping cough) spread to DS, who had a mild case, and then I caught it and had it FOREVER, and broke a rib during a coughing fit.

Anyway, my whole point is, get a second opinion if your doc is not cooperating. Not having answers really sucks.

I hope your baby feels better.

Same here. DD had whooping cough. Doc didn't entertain it. Coughing spells got worst (she mostly had them at night) so we took her back to another doc in the same practice. I video rec a coughing spell and told the doc that I want her tested for it. It came back positive. I don't mean to tell docs how to do their job but sometimes you have to listen to your gut and put your foot down.

Good to hear your DD is doing better, OP.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #36
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I'm probably not going to do the CP vax until later but I read recently that because CP was so common we were often exposed to it numerous times which would build up our immunity. But now that children are getting vax'd adults aren't getting exposed and thus the increase in shingles. Something like that. Anyway, just that perhaps CP wasn't lifelong immunity exactly cos we'd kinda get "boosters". I thought of not doing CP altogether but then because kids aren't getting CP I'm afraid she won't get a chance to get it naturally.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #37
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
I'm probably not going to do the CP vax until later but I read recently that because CP was so common we were often exposed to it numerous times which would build up our immunity. But now that children are getting vax'd adults aren't getting exposed and thus the increase in shingles. Something like that. Anyway, just that perhaps CP wasn't lifelong immunity exactly cos we'd kinda get "boosters". I thought of not doing CP altogether but then because kids aren't getting CP I'm afraid she won't get a chance to get it naturally.
That makes sense and is plausable. It would explain why they've started pushing the Shingles vax. Kinda sad that they set out to get rid of a typically non lethal illness, imo to keep grown ups from having to miss 2 wks of work w.a sick kid.... and then OOPS! made an increase in an illness that is far more painful and debilitating, and can last longer. Ugh. So then the solution is... "lets make a vax for that too!"

Last edited by Kiliki; 11-01-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote