Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What does typical 2nd trimester discharge look like? And how much?

I know this is TMIish, but aren't most things pregnancy related?

I'm 19 weeks and for the past 2 weeks have had discharge unlike anything I recall with my first 2. I know the amount increases, but this is rediculous!

So, if you don't mind, can anyone share how much thiers increased (like how many pantiliners/pairs of undies do you go through a day?) ... and what is it like consistency/color wise?

Thanks!

I'll be back to post more about mine after I hear from some other mamas...

Advertisement

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's gross for me. Seriously I'll be cooking and feel like I wet myself and its just mass amounts of goo. Hth!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does typical 2nd trimester discharge look like? And how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
It's gross for me. Seriously I'll be cooking and feel like I wet myself and its just mass amounts of goo. Hth!
That makes me feel better Is it watery?

I've been feeling like I'm wetting myself (but I know I'm not)... and I was refusing to wear pantiliners because they irritate my skin so badly... then I had to give in because I can only change my undies so many times per day, and it's not easy to do at work! ... so I've started wearing liners the past few days. Now I'm noticing the watery stuff plus thick yellow in huge amounts. Changing liner sometimes hourly. Does this sound absurd? Or normal? Like I said - I can't remember from last time, and my baby book notes about the pregnancy dont' exactly go into that detail

Edit: And then with all the watery stuff... my worry wart mind is wondering - do I have a slow leak of fluid? Or is it normal? Gah!

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!

Last edited by amcess721; 11-01-2012 at 06:46 PM.
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
katymf
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
That makes me feel better Is it watery?

I've been feeling like I'm wetting myself (but I know I'm not)... and I was refusing to wear pantiliners because they irritate my skin so badly... then I had to give in because I can only change my undies so many times per day, and it's not easy to do at work! ... so I've started wearing liners the past few days. Now I'm noticing the watery stuff plus thick yellow in huge amounts. Changing liner sometimes hourly. Does this sound absurd? Or normal? Like I said - I can't remember from last time, and my baby book notes about the pregnancy dont' exactly go into that detail

Edit: And then with all the watery stuff... my worry wart mind is wondering - do I have a slow leak of fluid? Or is it normal? Gah!
This happened with me about 3 weeks ago, around 22 weeks. now i am almost 26 weeks.
i had noticed an increase in what i thought was discharge (liquidy, large amounts, and sometimes sticky.) i had asked a few women about this and they all said it is very normal. i know that some women say that fluid smells sweet, others say it didn't smell at all (amniotic fluid.) i personally have never seen or smelt it so i had no idea. it freaked me out. my discharge did and still does to this day has a somewhat sweet smell to it..but everybodies body is different. i also thought i was having a leak of fluid. it has since let up and i don't notice the wetness as much as i did but now it is more of my regular discharge that i am used to.
i also think that alot of what i was experiencing was urine. i'd notice right after i'd pee especially that my undies were the most wet. so that may also be what you are experiencing, even if you are just standing around or sitting, pressure is being pushed on your bladder at all times so urine leakage is common too!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

It sounds normal to me, but I hate giving advice like that! So if you think something is up I would still call your provider.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had about 4 weeks where I went through 3 pantiliners and an extra pair of undies while at work. The color was between cream and light yellow. It didn't smell but I felt gross all of the time. Now that I am in the third trimester its decreased a lot.