Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #21
moonsandmarshmellows
Registered Users
Formerly: mumto2
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you permit the throwing of a second baby shower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879 View Post
I would gratefully accept any invitation to celebrate any number baby.
This! So I say go for it!

Advertisement

SAHMama to Austyn 3/06, Anya 9/08, and Christopher 9/10
Lillian Louise 12/12
moonsandmarshmellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #22
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could just have a meet the baby get together. We had one for a new couple at church, it was a lot of fun. We had coffee and just chatted. I don't think it's tacky to have another shower, especially so far apart.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
elizabethcdunn
Registered Users

I think you should go for it, every baby deserves to be celebrated, I never had a "shower" with my first two children, i got gifts in the mail, so I have some friends who are throwing me a shower for my number 3 baby, she is my last and Id love to have one shower =]
elizabethcdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #24
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

With 6 years between your LOs, I say go for it. But for me with 3.5 years between mine, I'll probably politely decline if offered. I had two showers for Big Sam, and the vast majority of items gifted went to waste, or were never used. I still shudder to think about the five garbage bags full of never worn clothes I donated. Our pamper's poker party, thrown by our Motorcycle club, supplied us with enough NB and size 1 dipes to diaper not only our son, but our neighbor's two son's! It was simply overwhelming, trying to get rid of the stuff, and after all was said and done, very few costs were alleviated for us that first year via what we received at the showers.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #25
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

IDK, if you don't really need anything, I probably wouldn't. You can always do a Mother Blessing, where people don't bring gifts but they each make or bring a bead to make you a necklace and they share stories about how they met you, great things about you, etc. It's more of a showering-mama-with-support-and-love type thing.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #26
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleysMommy View Post
I think there should be a party to celebrate EVERY life, not just the first one you create.

I wish someone would throw a shower for this baby to celebrate his/her life. I don't want THINGS, I just want to celebrate. How is that tacky? I don't want you to buy me THINGS -- I just want you to come and celebrate this beautiful brand new life I've created.

As for a meet the baby get-together --- not for this December Mama. That screams germ fest to me
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
Maggie_MMM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMommy View Post
I say go for it, but I agree that you could ask that in lieu of gifts for your already blessed little one, that people give diapers to a women's shelter, etc. That way people know you just want to have a nice party and not a "gift collection drive."

People will probably still bring you stuff anyway (I know I would) but I would probably try to find something more personal rather than a 5 pack of NB onesies.
This! Great idea.
I think a party to celebrate a new life is wonderful, and if you feel uncomfortable at the thought of a 2nd shower just ask your sister to specify gifts are not required.
Maggie_MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #28
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have friends who had twins (first pregnancy), but they knew they were really picky about what they wanted for baby supplies and that they could afford to buy anything they needed. So instead of a traditional shower, they had a "book" shower where guests were asked to bring books for the babies. Can't have too many of those.

I have to say, I can't blame them for doing it this way. I had a regular shower and received a lot of things I don't want and won't use (sposies, formula measuring thing, etc.) and now have enough boy clothes for triplets (but only for 0-6 months). However, I ended up buying most of the things I really need/want. But, I was thrilled to have the celebration! It's more about the celebration than the gifts anyway!

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #29
ateach
Registered Users

I've never been bothered by second showers. I am happy to shower any baby! You could always do a "book shower" or something like that where everyone brings a book for baby instead of a gift. Or even a no presents shower- just a chance to celebrate baby!
ateach is offline   Reply With Quote