Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: kegals!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
hmmmm, eye opener indeed. and it makes sense. but now im confused as to why this isnt mainstream?
Well, really, how much of what the medical community says/preaches is really recent? Maybe with some areas, and "cutting edge techniques". But not with prenatal, labor and birth, or breastfeeding - with those, we're back in the stone ages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
i always feel my squats in my thighs. i can squat pretty low, but never feel it in my butt:/
I wonder if you're doing it quite right? That article has a pretty decent description of the 2 "ways" to do squats - one being more effective than the other.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I have actually heard this, too. I never kept up with kegels but might actually be able to do squats regularly so its worth a try!
Yup, definitely worth a try!
Although, I read down in the comments on that article something about deep squats in pregnancy being linked to PROM. Not sure how totally valid that is, but I figure it's like any other forms of exercise - if you haven't been doing it before getting pregnant, don't jump all in and start going hard at it, just ease yourself into it and don't push your body too hard.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #13
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

i googled it. found some more articles and videos. just seems like there are so many variations. some say deep, feet close vs spaced out, against a wall or using a bar. idk. i did squats yesterday woth 30 ds and hand weights. my rear is slightly sore
Old 11-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Yup, definitely worth a try!
Although, I read down in the comments on that article something about deep squats in pregnancy being linked to PROM. Not sure how totally valid that is, but I figure it's like any other forms of exercise - if you haven't been doing it before getting pregnant, don't jump all in and start going hard at it, just ease yourself into it and don't push your body too hard.
that's interesting.

with DD, I did a lot of deep squats. I would make myself sit in a squatting position for 5minutes. I read that keeping those muscles limber was very good for labor.

My water did break to start labor... but it happened on my due date.

anyways, I suck at kegals, i'm going to see if I can concentrate on the other technique
Old 11-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #15
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
i googled it. found some more articles and videos. just seems like there are so many variations. some say deep, feet close vs spaced out, against a wall or using a bar. idk. i did squats yesterday woth 30 ds and hand weights. my rear is slightly sore
If your shins are not perpendicular to the ground, then your glutes will not be engaged as well
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote