Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Vaginal pressure

So super embarrassing...

I am almost 16 wks pregnant and when having a BM even with minimal "pushing" I am feeling a ton of vaginal pressure like "something" is trying to come out. I don't remember this with DS. I called the dr officer earlier and left a msg on the non urgent nurse line and it said they'd get back to me today, but they didn't. I'm hoping that means this is not something to be concerned about? I read online that this is normal much later in pregnancy but this is early...

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vaginal pressure

I didn't get that feeling that early, but I occasionally have it now, but when I pee. It's like if I "keep peeing" after I'm done, then I'll just go ahead and birth right there. It's so weird. If baby shifts into a different position, then I don't have that feeling.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There is a huge increase of blood flow to that area during pregnancy. It can cause a lot of pressure or a "full" feeling. You don't even realize that you are holding the muscles in that area and then when you relax the muscles it can cause a pretty uncomfortable feeling. So far my kids have all liked to get head down and stay down VERY low. Our toddler was #4 and she was SOOOO low that you could very easily touch her head by like 36 weeks and she would move
Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Well, I figured I'd update incase others are having the same issue and wondering. My dr did call me back late last night to talk about this. She was not super concerned, and echoed similar statements to the aboove. But noted, as I'd found in my research, that this shouldn't be occuring so early on and is generally more of an issue depending on babies position later in pregnancy (30+ weeks). She said if this continued, or if other symptoms started (such as bleeding) then I would need to come in to be checked rather than wait until my next scheduled appt which isn't for a little over a week. She was concerned it could possibly be some dilation occuring, and might become more of an issue later in pregnancy.

So for now, wait and see if that much pressure continues, or if it gets worse (such as pressure throughout the day when not "pushing" ).
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
Well, I figured I'd update incase others are having the same issue and wondering. My dr did call me back late last night to talk about this. She was not super concerned, and echoed similar statements to the aboove. But noted, as I'd found in my research, that this shouldn't be occuring so early on and is generally more of an issue depending on babies position later in pregnancy (30+ weeks). She said if this continued, or if other symptoms started (such as bleeding) then I would need to come in to be checked rather than wait until my next scheduled appt which isn't for a little over a week. She was concerned it could possibly be some dilation occuring, and might become more of an issue later in pregnancy.

So for now, wait and see if that much pressure continues, or if it gets worse (such as pressure throughout the day when not "pushing" ).
Glad your doc called. I'm sure you're relieved. I have a noticeable amount of increased blood flow to the region even that early. But, not really like something is coming out. Just bulging! Lol
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
jlsquire0324
Registered Users

I have had similar stuff going on and I have vulvar Vericose veins ( not fun) could be something similar? I think mine started around 20 weeks so a lot earlier than 30ish weeks...
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got it from the start. It's from weak pelvic floor muscles. Sadly, it only gets worse. Apply counter pressure and consider why you need to push and evaluate ur diet and add lots more fruit!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
mel281
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I also had vulvar varicose veins with my second baby, and I think it started early in my second trimester. I was pretty shocked when I actually looked down there and everything was all swollen and veiny. Yuck. It did get a little better in my third tri, oddly enough.
mel281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #9
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you have a prolapse? They usually get better with pregnancy. Do you have hemorrhoids?
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
cali4niachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:26 AM   #10
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Girl, I just posted about my franken-cooter in our group its the earliestthat its started for me, but it has begun. pressure and swelling, ugh. Im sure its fine