Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vent of sorts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliasMum View Post
Has anyone else had issues being positive about their pg's?
I really dislike your OB - just based on reading your posts! A care provider should be there to provide information so the patient can make the best choices about his/her care... not to force things on the patient.
About the short appt - my OB appts were normally only about 10-15 minutes. The length of them really would depend on whether I had questions or we discussed anything, or if it was just check bp and hr and fundal height. I did have longer appts with the MWs when I saw them, close to an hour. But they were only ever happy if I did what they wanted/told me to do, not when I made my own care choices that may happen to disagree with their wishes. I prefer my OB (for that among other reasons to do with the MWs).

That whole thing about booking the u/s after 24wks is disgusting. I am prochoice (I've just realized this, though, lol), although I still don't think I could choose an abortion for myself. And even in spite of what we went through with Elliana's issues and loss... that still really disgusts me. Who the hell does he think he is, that he can allow or not allow someone to have the chance to terminate the pregnancy if something was wrong with the baby?!

Pent up feelings, emotional lately. Sorry.

I am having a lot of trouble connecting with this pregnancy/baby too. I am trying, that's why I post on here. But I am having a lot of trouble. I will feel like I have a good day, or couple days, but then this anxiety is back - this feeling like there's a wall between me and this baby that I just can't get past.
I hope that a good u/s in another few weeks would make a big difference. But I honestly don't know.
I haven't bought anything, haven't looked at anything, haven't started making anything for this baby. I hate telling people about the pregnancy - actually I haven't told anyone other than my MIL and my good friend, but I hate when people ask. I don't want to talk to anyone about it, I just want to be able to pretend it's not happening until I know for sure that things are well and this baby is going to live.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #12
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you Ladies! I wish I was in MT. I am the other direction in the SW corner of ND, where Midwives ARE NOT welcome. Neither is homebirth. I am a very strong willed and educated person when it comes to pg and birth, and I am really starting to think this OB and I may clash more than I like. He still has me down for an induction because I have fast births and I am over an hour from the hospital. I dislike the section rate with inductions, and would rather baby come when IT'S ready, not the OB. I will have 12 hours to talk to DH about all of this with DH, in a confined truck, LOL. I know if I said I wanted to have another Homebirth, he would back me up 100%, but I am a tad afraid of the issues that we will have to deal with after the fact. We have time to figure it out. Thank goodness! We are now leaving on Monday morning at 0500 and my appt is set at 0800 Tuesday. The Lady said they could do the Diagnostic u/s since I have the oder for it, and I said I asked my Nurse about that. She said absolutely NOT, it HAS to be done at their Hospital, no "outsourcing." Really? Ugh The Center in MT thought that was crazy, as do DH and I. Frustration is starting to be a daily thing.
AmeliasMum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliasMum View Post
The Lady said they could do the Diagnostic u/s since I have the oder for it, and I said I asked my Nurse about that. She said absolutely NOT, it HAS to be done at their Hospital, no "outsourcing." Really? Ugh The Center in MT thought that was crazy, as do DH and I. Frustration is starting to be a daily thing.
Is this one of those "for fun" u/s places? Or a medical u/s place?
If it's the former, I can see them not accepting that as a full anatomy scan - if it's just "for fun", I don't know what they require for accreditation of their techs, kwim? It could be just someone trained to use the u/s and find general parts and gender, but not trained for doing all the measurements or recognizing anomalies.
If it is a medical centre, then them not accepting the scan is just more of them being forceful and making patients follow their rules.

I am going to request that my u/s be done at a different hospital than I've gone to in the past (for reasons I've posted about... somewhere on here) and I'm for no arguments. I definitely will argue and fight if they don't respect my request... and I am not sure I will allow an u/s if they try to force me to the u/s dept I've gone to before.
But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Before that, I need to make it to my Dr's office for an appt.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #14
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sucks about being stuck with that OB. MW are not welcome in Alabama either, so I drive to TN to see one. It is an hour and a half drive, but I have LONG labors so that is not an issue for me. LOL
This pregnancy is hard for me to because Nov 26, 2008 I lost a son at almost 19 weeks. I did get pregnant 3 months later and have had two healthy boys since then, but this baby being conceived and due the same time Samuel was it a little surreal. I am always nervous around this time of gestation since that is when I lost him, but right now, being 17 weeks at the same time of year that we lost him, it is a little harder. I check the HR daily with my doppler and try to stay positive.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #15
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
This pregnancy is hard for me to because Nov 26, 2008 I lost a son at almost 19 weeks. I did get pregnant 3 months later and have had two healthy boys since then, but this baby being conceived and due the same time Samuel was it a little surreal. I am always nervous around this time of gestation since that is when I lost him, but right now, being 17 weeks at the same time of year that we lost him, it is a little harder. I check the HR daily with my doppler and try to stay positive.
I kwym. I am not pregnant at exactly the same time I was with Elli, there's about a 6 weeks difference between Babe's EDD and what her's was... but because it was only last year, it still seems so fresh in my mind. I mean, it's not hard to think back a year and adjust the 6 weeks to where I would have been with Elli, kwim?