Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #131
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

I've been away for a few days, do I'm backing up to Halloween and my birth announcement! It went awesome!! My mom's reaction was hilarious (I got a shirt that said "mummy-to-be" and just waited for her to notice). She was walking to her car to get something, and halfway there she turns around and yells back at me "what does your shirt say?!"

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #132
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
So already my hootie hoo is swelling from the pressure of my uterus. It totally grosses me out to see it all.....engorged. It makes sex fabulous, but ugh. 22 more weeks of franken-cooter.

And of course, the strange, painful heaviness down there after intercourse us horrendous. One of my only complaints, generally.
Franken-cooter! That totally cracked me up!

We have had a nice couple of weeks, I just wish the weather here would make up its mind. 50 one day, 80 the next. I am sick of being hot! Bring on winter! And the poor horses already getting their winter coat, and are out there sweating today.
We get to find out the gender on the 8th and I am sooooo excited!
I am still nauseous a lot, but not puking as much so that is good. I am so hungry all the time though! I am going to be huge!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #133
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
So already my hootie hoo is swelling from the pressure of my uterus. It totally grosses me out to see it all.....engorged. It makes sex fabulous, but ugh. 22 more weeks of franken-cooter.

And of course, the strange, painful heaviness down there after intercourse us horrendous. One of my only complaints, generally.
You made me spit out my water everywhere. He he.

I know what you mean. Starting about now I always feel like I have to pee after intercourse but I don't. It's awful...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #134
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport

You are totally cracking me up! GREAT sex but don't look DOWN! Bwahahahaaaaa!
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #135
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
I've been away for a few days, do I'm backing up to Halloween and my birth announcement! It went awesome!! My mom's reaction was hilarious (I got a shirt that said "mummy-to-be" and just waited for her to notice). She was walking to her car to get something, and halfway there she turns around and yells back at me "what does your shirt say?!"
Yea, that's great! I love successful, positive reveals. So much fun. I still can't believe you hid it that long. The lady at Braum's asked me how far along I was. I told her 4 1/2 months. "really!?" was her ridiculous response.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #136
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
I've heard so many good things about delayed cord cutting, but just recently (in the last couple months) I read that if your babies have a tendency to jaundice, delaying cutting the cord can exacerbate it by giving them even more red blood cells to deal with. I've never dealt with jaundice, I don't do delayed cord cutting either though I can see the benefits in some cases, but I have heard terrible stories of pushy nurses and Drs when it comes to jaundice and breastfeeding
Anyways, that's totally not to say don't do it. At all. I just thought it was kinda interesting, and something I would take into consideration if we were considering it ourselves.
All of my kids have had jaundice. They are 3/4 white and 1/4 Asian plus we breast feed exclusively. It's basically a recipe for jaundice. #5 was jaundiced and our family doctor told me to stop nursing and to give formula(until the numbers were down). I said okay. As soon as I got off the phone I nursed baby. I set my alarm for 90 minutes. Every hour and a half I woke baby and nursed. Reset alarm. Put baby in diaper only in window facing sun. Repeat for 48 hours until doctor visit. Retested and bilirubin numbers were much lower than expected. That's when I told him that his advice was outdated. I was so glad I could show him something he didn't know. He really likes our family and has really supported us. Sometimes he just needs a little patience and education.

All that to say, my two hospital babies had immediate clamping. My three water babies had delayed. All had jaundice. So this anecdotal evidence really only helps me make a decision about my babies. Everybody is different.

Last edited by 4dramamama; 11-03-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #137
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
Yay! So funny! Glad the OB phone call to your sis didnt spoil it.

Elena- Ever since the discussion on the pronunciation of your name (I think it was on another thread) I have a mental block on how to spell it! It's like "exercise" or "recipe". I have to look their spelling up every single time. Now I have to pull up a browser and check if you are Elena or Alena! Doh!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #138
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
All that to say, my two hospital babies had immediate clamping. My three water babies had delayed. All had jaundice. So this anecdotal evidence really only helps me make a decision about my babies. Everybody is different.
Absolutely. I don't know that I would not delay cord cutting because of the jaundice possible connection, but I just thought I would mention it.
Like I said though, we haven't delayed cord cutting with any of our babies and aren't likely to do differently this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Elena- Ever since the discussion on the pronunciation of your name (I think it was on another thread) I have a mental block on how to spell it! It's like "exercise" or "recipe". I have to look their spelling up every single time. Now I have to pull up a browser and check if you are Elena or Alena! Doh!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #139
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh I love the mummy!

I feel like I traded my constant nausea to constant headache and on and off nausea. I guess it's probably healthier for baby since I can eat some but I'm not enjoying this.
Yesterday was my first bridal shower and I felt ok and was able to eat and it was really fun! I got 4 crock pots lol, pan set, dutch oven, and a bunch of other kitchen things that will come in handy. Then I brought my dress in to be altered, I had them put a corset back in so I have a little wiggle room and they added the bustle. I'm super excited to see it all done!
Today DF is in the barns until lunch and then if I'm feeling better we'll go in town to do some shopping no school/work tomorrow for me and the kids! Love long weekends!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #140
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

new week, new thread
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote