Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #31
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

Love to see it Sarah!

Becky, if you want hatching eggs, just say the word!

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #32
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

You need this for your gate Sarah.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #33
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dang it Liz, now I really want it!!! I'm gonna have to make one, lololol!

The other 2 eggs hatched! One is a BLUE!!!!!! No joke. I'll post pics soon.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #34
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

17 from first batches thriveing, 4 littles, and 24 in the bator. No idea what the hatch rate will be. Hope it's a good one. 2 blues! Here is a pic of the new blue. Sleepy so I just got a super fast pic. And the setup with the 2 big bins and the little for transitioning. The pine chips are 100% better than the oak mulch! Also, a pic of Daysey May playing chicken.

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #35
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs
Love to see it Sarah!

Becky, if you want hatching eggs, just say the word!
Yes I woukd. We are killing our roosters today so no more here. They are just eating to much and not doing anything but causing trouble and being noisy.
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #36
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm pretty sure I have 9 roos and 9 pulletsm yikes that ratio sucks. I don't want to feed 9 roos.....grrr. Should I offer them up on CL?
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #37
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fodie, sounds like my first batch. I sold 7 and we ate 3 a little while back. Would you eat them? Ours were so mouth watering. Just less meat. The bantam 2, they were tough in the legs. Standard size, !!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #38
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

sounds like your rooster throws blue Sarah! Cool. How many chicks do you have now?
Becky just lmk when. I'll need some help with the shipping b/c they'll have to go priority box but I'd be glad to send you straight ee or mixes if you want. Almost lost our speckled sussex norah to a hawk this am. It swooped down just a few feet from me. I was screaming and shooting it with the garden hose. It made one last swipe at her (there were a few running that it was going after) and bit a little chunk of her comb out but left her. I thought for sure she was a goner. Glad I was at least out there to defend her. Just a matter of time in all reality since I do free range them. I don't have the heart to lock them up all day though. I hate this part of chicken keeping. This hasn't been a good weekend. I mentioned once before dh was going deer hunting. He went out again friday and actually did get a buck on Sat morning. He was driving out with it and got stopped by a ranger and when the guy asked to see it he told dh it was an illegal harvest. It was literally a on the fence kill, about 1/8 in short on the hook and the guy wouldn't give it to him. He at least didn't ticket him but all that work and $$ we spent for nothing. What a disappointment. Dh was so excited and eager to get the meat home and properly stored that he didn't get a pic or anything. Just lots of bloody clothing to show for it and a musky jeep. I hate CA sometimes.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #39
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs
sounds like your rooster throws blue Sarah! Cool. How many chicks do you have now?
Becky just lmk when. I'll need some help with the shipping b/c they'll have to go priority box but I'd be glad to send you straight ee or mixes if you want. Almost lost our speckled sussex norah to a hawk this am. It swooped down just a few feet from me. I was screaming and shooting it with the garden hose. It made one last swipe at her (there were a few running that it was going after) and bit a little chunk of her comb out but left her. I thought for sure she was a goner. Glad I was at least out there to defend her. Just a matter of time in all reality since I do free range them. I don't have the heart to lock them up all day though. I hate this part of chicken keeping. This hasn't been a good weekend. I mentioned once before dh was going deer hunting. He went out again friday and actually did get a buck on Sat morning. He was driving out with it and got stopped by a ranger and when the guy asked to see it he told dh it was an illegal harvest. It was literally a on the fence kill, about 1/8 in short on the hook and the guy wouldn't give it to him. He at least didn't ticket him but all that work and $$ we spent for nothing. What a disappointment. Dh was so excited and eager to get the meat home and properly stored that he didn't get a pic or anything. Just lots of bloody clothing to show for it and a musky jeep. I hate CA sometimes.
We just got rid of our roosters today, so let me get squared around. Need to see what goes on with the girls. Have any of you ever considered debeaking? We are at our wits end
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #40
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

It's not for me Becky, I have strong feelings against it. Can you order some of those blinders I linked you to? They have been the saving grace in my flock. I had a few bullies picking my brahma bloody.