Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
greeneyedambe
Registered Users
Formerly: comfycozydiapers
seller

My Mood:
Sickness - ugh!

So this is my fourth pregnancy (and baby) and I have NEVER felt as puny and sickly as I do now. I mean come on! With my boys (all 3) I had some *minor* aversions and about a week or so of queasiness but good grief! I am so sick to my stomach I can't think about most things. I don't want to eat anything but I am starving all at once. I am sick most of the day and night with short breaks a couple of times normally after I eat something. Anyone else feel like this?

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sickness - ugh!

Yup! I'm DDC (due in May) but you described weeks 5-12 of this pregnancy for me. I'm almost 14 weeks now, and it is FINALLY starting to get better, though not completely gone. Something that really helped me was to take a few bites of something every hour, literally. Munching on peanut butter crackers all day would help. Protein REALLY helped for me.

Good luck. Just remember, there's a lovely gift at the end of all of this.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedambe View Post
So this is my fourth pregnancy (and baby) and I have NEVER felt as puny and sickly as I do now. I mean come on! With my boys (all 3) I had some *minor* aversions and about a week or so of queasiness but good grief! I am so sick to my stomach I can't think about most things. I don't want to eat anything but I am starving all at once. I am sick most of the day and night with short breaks a couple of times normally after I eat something. Anyone else feel like this?
That's me exactly. I've been that way with every baby so far though. It always passes for me after the first trimester. We have increased the food budget so that I can just get whatever sounds good whenever I want (even if it's take-out or something I normally wouldn't buy because it's not on sale or too expensive). That helps... knowing that I CAN have whatever sounds good, even if it's only one specific thing.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sigh. Yes. I am actually feeling better this time around BUT still crappy if I don't constantly munch on things. Speaking of which It is time to eat again so I can take my prenatal vit. Blech. I wish ANYTHING sounded good.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so glad I am not alone. This is exactly me. This is my 7th pregnancy and i had morning sickness with all my others, but this one is INSANE. I am in week 8 and it all started at week 6. Everything makes me sick. Noise makes me sick. Motion of others, the TV, cars, wind, etc..., makes me sick, Light makes me sick. Smells, ...ugh..we won't go there. I can't stand the thought of my kitchen. My husband and oldest son have come to the rescue with maintaining this household because I literally can't move for most of the day. I have spurts of feeling semi- normal. small spurts. My hips ache. I am sooo bloated with gas that I am incredibly uncomfortable and most of all I just want to be naked. The feeling of clothing touching my stomach (above or below) just makes me feel so sick.
Ok, thank you for letting me get that all out. Trying not to complain to others because we tried for so long with so many BFN to get here.

Some things that help me (sometimes) are:

Hot water bottle on my belly helps my nausea. Going for short walks for fresh air (when I can move). Hot showers/baths help me. Food sometimes helps, but most of the time I feel worse after eating than I did before. I have noticed that fruit (apples and grapefruit) make me feel better too.

I am so thankful that God gave us this little gummy bear, but some days I wonder how on earth am I going to make it until JUNE?

Last edited by slingmama4; 11-04-2012 at 09:44 PM.
slingmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes and am also brewing 4th. I just feel like puking 24-7. Nice to hear I'm not alone but feel sorry for you at the same time.
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is our fourth as well and each pregnancy has been very different for me. No morning sickness with first or third. Second one I was throwing up like seven times a day well into the second trimester. I finally got a shot and they slowed down to 1-2 times a day until the last month when it finally stopped. This time I just feel so sick and so tired! I have to eat constantly, which stinks for my plan to lose a little weight before I start gaining.... oh man. I am six and a half weeks, morning sickness started at five weeks, preparing for it to last a few weeks. :-(