Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
Winehouse27
Registered Users

Hubs says no more...but I'm not so sure

Anyone else experience this? My hubs is 40 and I am 28 and we have a 10 week old and both have a child from a previous relationship that doesn't live with us. Our son was colicky and it was a rough go. Anyways he says he doesn't want anymore but I feel sad thinking that was myst pregnancy and birth and this is it. Been there anyone?

Advertisement

Winehouse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Re: Hubs says no more...but I'm not so sure

My DH would "joke" about having another, even though he was against it, and one day I told him seriously I would like another baby someday. His face when from happy smiling, to frowning and he didn't have a response, he was dead set against it. I told him that his joking made me sad because, either he wanted to, or he was certain on no more. He expressed that he was DONE, DONE, DONE. A couple of months later was when he came to me, telling me that he does want another someday!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the first 3 months are hard. you cant even talk about another in that time frame lol. dh was "done: when dd1 was 5 weeks. "done" when dd2 wsas 12 weeks. "done" when ds was 3 months. "done" at 8 weeks with dd3 but once everything settles down we both want more. usually between 9 and 12 months when they stop being a 'baby' lol. id just let it go for now. if he's not out getting a"V" he's not officially done.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSNMama View Post
My DH would "joke" about having another, even though he was against it!
uggg dh would do that too joke is on him because i accidentally got pg again anyay
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband says no more also, and there's a part of me that agrees with him, but also I would be fine with another. I love being pregnant and having a little baby. Then again I wouldn't mind moving on with my life....so I am conflicted. I'm going to be actively TTA until we really figure it out. I wouldn't want to get pregnant again for another 2 years anyway.
But my husband swears that he will not change his mind...so it may not matter how I feel about it.
And then again...I suck at not getting pregnant without hormonal BC, but with everything that I have learned about it, I will never use it again. So...who knows what the future holds really. lol.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516
My husband says no more also, and there's a part of me that agrees with him, but also I would be fine with another. I love being pregnant and having a little baby. Then again I wouldn't mind moving on with my life....so I am conflicted. I'm going to be actively TTA until we really figure it out. I wouldn't want to get pregnant again for another 2 years anyway.
But my husband swears that he will not change his mind...so it may not matter how I feel about it.
And then again...I suck at not getting pregnant without hormonal BC, but with everything that I have learned about it, I will never use it again. So...who knows what the future holds really. lol.
I get what you mean. DH says done but I would have more. He's set for a vas end of Nov. It was hard coming to that decision. Who knows God may laugh at him and make me preg again. I'd have to laugh too!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

My hubby has done that to me. We had the first and he wanted to wait 7 years (it was 4.5) then he said he was done and we had another 5.5 years later. We were both 100% done until 4 months ago, he said he thought we should have another. And I'm 7 weeks along now.
But between there he has always been so "done" and said how much he was done but at the same time joked about another girl and how life would be like with our 2nd/3rd/4th girl. I did at one point tell him that joking about having more was killing me inside and he stopped for a while.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband is saying this too. it was all no, no, no.. then he was okay with it briefly and said "we'll talk again in november". well, we talked again yesterday and he was all for me finding out about vbac, and discussing our wants, etc.. then "no. im too selfish for another. 3 is enough." though it isn't the final no.. but I did tell him i could go either way. Id love to have another, our youngest is 6.. and oldest will be 11 in December. We could do it, we have room, etc. All our "worries" are just silly things.. so, maybe we will. Maybe we wont. Im just trying not to stress. (or buy diaper bags )