Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Just found out I'm pg...hashimotos and age bothering me

Hi all,
I have three dc, the youngest of which is 8yo. About five years ago I was diagnosed with Hashimotos. I have been on synthetic hormones until about three months ago. The whole time, dh and I did nothing to prevent pregnancy, but we did not conceive. I had decided it wasn't going to happen and that I would just be thankful for the three I have.

About three months ago, I had blood work done and found that my TPO was very high. I started seeing a PA who switched me to Armour. I also went on a strict Paleo diet altered for autoimmune diseases. My TPO had dropped drastically when I had it checked again a few weeks ago.

My cycles typically range anywhere from 21-28 days. I know when they are on the low end it is time to check the thyroid. My PA has allowed me to adjust my Armour according to how I feel, so when I didn't start on time this month I just assumed I had over medicated a bit. Nope, there are two pink lines on that test!

Dh and I are in shock. We weren't expecting this. I will be 40 when this baby gets here. We are ecstatic, but shocked. I am overwhelmed thinking about being pg and having a baby/toddler again. I must admit that I have been enjoying NOT having an infant/toddler, but I know that I will fall back into the routine when the time comes. I have already been feeling old lately, seeing changes in my body, skin, etc. I can't decide if being pg makes me feel younger or even older.

I am also very concerned about issues related to my Hashimotos. I am praying that this baby will "stick."

Advertisement

mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Re: Just found out I'm pg...hashimotos and age bothering me

Congrats!
I also have Hashimoto's and all my Drs have said that as long as my thyroid levels are good there shouldn't be any issues with the pregnancy (and there haven't been with my 2 other kids-my Hashimoto diagnosis was about 10 years ago so prior to kids!). I'm also an older Mom-will be 38 when this bean is born.
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
themrshunt
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Congrats! I was diagnosed with Hashimotos last November but was still struggling to get back to feeling normal. My doctor was happy for me but frustrated to put treatment on hold but I know God has a plan. I hope things go well for you.
themrshunt is offline   Reply With Quote