Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

I had such well controlled blood sugars until I got my first steroid shot for little mans lungs Saturday. Now they are about 200-230 after meals and his morning after the second steroid shot yesterday my fasting sugar was 145!!! I am usually never above 120 after meals!

Tht said I have been taking Glyburide and will probably switch to insulin. Does anyone else take insulin? I am in the hospital until delivery but it is my choice to continue oral meds or go to insulin. They want to preserve my islet cells which the Glyburide works on and just use insulin short term to save those cells for later in life. They said they will start with NPH maybe 10units in the morning and evening and adjusting up or down from there. Hopefully after the steroids get out of my system I will go back to diet controlled.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by 7 for now; 11-05-2012 at 04:30 PM.
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: GD and steroids for lung maturity.

You probably need insulin while on the steroids. Its going to be impossible to maintain with oral meds alone. You don't want to stress your body or baby any further.

I am on insulin for the 5th time. I would probably have sugars like that without it. The oral meds make me sick and give me horrible control. I have just asked to be on insulin the last few times.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote