Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #21
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: my baby fell off the bed.

Pediatric Chiropractors are amazing

Advertisement

earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #22
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

My DS1 fell of the changing table when he was like 6 weeks old. I was right there but he was throwing a fit and squirming and pushed himself off head first and I couldn't catch him. My first reaction was to rush him to the hospital but I got him to calm down, called the nurse line for his doctor, and was told to watch for certain things (vomiting, irritability, one pupil dilated more than the other, etc...). He was fine.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I think it must happen to every baby. The first time my daughter fell off the bed she rolled into a basket of clean laundry I had left next to the bed. The next time she wasn't so fortunate. She fell to the floor but was fine.

My first son was constantly falling down or off of things. He could climb before he could walk. He tumbled head over heals down a flight of carpeted stairs not once, not twice, but 3 times. He would slip past the baby gate and head right for the stairs. He didn't learn his lesson the first time. He did fall from my sisters bed. He was crawling around on the bed and fell off the end and hit chin first jerking his head back. 3 days later he started having seizures. I do think the fall was at least partly to blame even though the doctors said not. Honestly I think it was the fall on top of his traumatic birth. I think the one just pushed him over the edge. Thankfully he did grow out of his seizures. He is the one I was thankfull his falls were down stairs or from a bed. He likes to climb trees. By the time he was 3 years old he could shimmy up the trunk of a tree without the help of branches or a lift. I had to have my younger brother(15 years younger) climb up 20 feet to retrieve him. My son fought him. I could hear my brother telling him to stop fighting or they would both fall. He was higher than the roof of my mother's 2 story house.

My youngest son has also fallen from our bed but I did make sure the mattress and box spring were on the floor to decrease any damage done from a fall. I am greatful he doesn't seem to be quite the climber his older brother was.

Op welcome to the club.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #24
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Awe hugs mama. That's an awful feeling! All four of my kids (YES, ALL four!) have fallen off our bed/couch while laying with Dh or me. I sob and feel so embarrassed very time. I feel like the worst mother ever. Then I remember that I am not alone. And neither are you. Your doing just fine.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #25
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
Pediatric Chiropractors are amazing
Absolutely. We had ds1 in to the chiropractors 5 times a week. Mon, Wed, Thurs. They worked on his body alignment. Tues, Thurs was a different one. She did cranial sacral therapy on him. He loved, loved his chiropractors. Especially the one doing cranial sacral therapy. He was just a year old but when we arrived he would go in search of her. I had to keep retrieving him until she would come out to pick him up, say hello, and then he would let her alone to do her work.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:17 AM   #26
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

My daughter has fallen off the bed (at 5 mos old) and off the bathroom counter (at 12 months old). She's fine. But it was scary both times it happened. We are all good moms, sometimes things happen!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #27
Belbaby3728
Banned

My dd is 10 months and we haven't had this happen yet but she's a mobile monster and super fast so I know it's just a matter of time. When I was 9 months old, my brother and sister left the basement door open at my grandparents house and I went tumbling down 15ish stairs onto cement hitting my head. I don't fully remember what my mom said resulted of it but I was and am ultimately fine. Seems to be one of those not so joyous things of parenthood...
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #28
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
DS1 is the clumsiest boy I've ever met. He runs into and falls onto everything. At least 3x a week he bashes his face onto his crib, the table, whatever. And he falls down daily. I always feel like crap if I can't catch him in time, but usually I can't and just end up cuddling him and taking him for a walk outside (insta-cure for tears for him). He's been trying to fly off of things since he was 6mo. If it's not one thing, it's another. Luckily he has a hard head, and I have a strong heart, otherwise he'd be out cold and I'd have a heart attack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote