Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #41
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Robin--glad you're feeling better! You could always do what my friends did...meds, monitoring, & both IUI and TI--they certainly enjoyed their fertility treatments much more that way

Amy--have you looked into any of the IVF grants yet? There are a lot of hoops to jump through, but I had started looking before I found out that I should have some IVF coverage. Also, the prices can vary significantly; if traveling is an option, you might make out better that way...but $1500 coverage isn't bad, especially if you have either meds covered or can participate in a med donation program. It is scary, but this is the place for support, right?

Mel--sound like a plan. You know how your body deals w/ the progesterone & you're doing this planfully; Fx for the best!

Carissa--waiting stinks! But hopefully you've kind of kick-started your fertility & will have an easier go of it, KWIM?

AFM--I'm still waiting on insurance approval for IVF. I just got off the phone w/ the RE's financial person & she's been going back & forth w/ insurance for a couple of weeks now...hopefully it won't be too much longer! Anyway, part of me is nervous and excited, but life, especially work has just been so busy that I'm kind of glad to not have the added stress of all the monitoring appts, the s/e from the meds, all the worrying about retrievals, & all the other stuff. Plus, I really would like to do a day or two of rest when I'm finally able to do an IVF cycle, & I don't see that happening w/ my work schedule...we're relocating our offices next week, which will make my commute 10 miles longer Oh well, hopefully I'll either have some new job prospects soon or DP will get a new job & we can relocate!

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #42
slyfoxy
Registered Users

Thumbs up Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Had a Wonderful post-op report. Loved today..

Now here is what went on today. Seen our RE today an enjoyed our visit. Our RE told me what all he found during my surgeries. He found stage 1 endometriosis so removed that an found one fibroid that he said will not cause any issues on me getting pregnant. Then our RE said my tubes are not blocked all is clear so that is great news. So he said every thing is a GO for us to start TTC once again. Before me an DH got a word out about what we had talked about our RE said I'm going put you back on Femara an then he asked us this. Do you all want to try on our own for a few months or did we want to do IUI's again as with everything he had done I'm all free of any issues now an should get pregnant shortly. My DH spoke up before my mouth could come open an he said me an my wife talked it over an we like to start IUI's once again. So our RE said OK we will do that. He said for me to start my femara today, for us to start BD'ng this weekend an start opk testing on Tuesday too look for my LH Surge an give his office a call on Tuesday to let them know I had started opk testing an when get my surge call so can come in for a ultrasound an then IUI, but if no surge by day 14 then come in for a ultrasound an then a trigger shot but if get a surge before then call them for sure.

So me an DH is so happy that we got the BIG GREEN light to start TTC again an heard that all my surgeries went great. Then I told my RE I've got another question for you before we leave an he said ok. I told him when had my blood drawn before my surgeries I was told my iron was a little low what can I do for that? Our RE said OK I'm going to put you on a prenatal vitamin that has more iron in it along with a stool softer. Then he said in a week or so he's going to order blood work to recheck it. So I got a new prenatal vitamin to take with extra iron in it. So I start them tonight for supper time.

I'll post more later after rest as really tired from trip an done took femara. Nap time...
slyfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #43
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfoxy
Had a Wonderful post-op report. Loved today..

Now here is what went on today. Seen our RE today an enjoyed our visit. Our RE told me what all he found during my surgeries. He found stage 1 endometriosis so removed that an found one fibroid that he said will not cause any issues on me getting pregnant. Then our RE said my tubes are not blocked all is clear so that is great news. So he said every thing is a GO for us to start TTC once again. Before me an DH got a word out about what we had talked about our RE said I'm going put you back on Femara an then he asked us this. Do you all want to try on our own for a few months or did we want to do IUI's again as with everything he had done I'm all free of any issues now an should get pregnant shortly. My DH spoke up before my mouth could come open an he said me an my wife talked it over an we like to start IUI's once again. So our RE said OK we will do that. He said for me to start my femara today, for us to start BD'ng this weekend an start opk testing on Tuesday too look for my LH Surge an give his office a call on Tuesday to let them know I had started opk testing an when get my surge call so can come in for a ultrasound an then IUI, but if no surge by day 14 then come in for a ultrasound an then a trigger shot but if get a surge before then call them for sure.

So me an DH is so happy that we got the BIG GREEN light to start TTC again an heard that all my surgeries went great. Then I told my RE I've got another question for you before we leave an he said ok. I told him when had my blood drawn before my surgeries I was told my iron was a little low what can I do for that? Our RE said OK I'm going to put you on a prenatal vitamin that has more iron in it along with a stool softer. Then he said in a week or so he's going to order blood work to recheck it. So I got a new prenatal vitamin to take with extra iron in it. So I start them tonight for supper time.

I'll post more later after rest as really tired from trip an done took femara. Nap time...
Yay! So glad you got great news!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #44
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Robin--glad you're feeling better! You could always do what my friends did...meds, monitoring, & both IUI and TI--they certainly enjoyed their fertility treatments much more that way

Amy--have you looked into any of the IVF grants yet? There are a lot of hoops to jump through, but I had started looking before I found out that I should have some IVF coverage. Also, the prices can vary significantly; if traveling is an option, you might make out better that way...but $1500 coverage isn't bad, especially if you have either meds covered or can participate in a med donation program. It is scary, but this is the place for support, right?

Mel--sound like a plan. You know how your body deals w/ the progesterone & you're doing this planfully; Fx for the best!

Carissa--waiting stinks! But hopefully you've kind of kick-started your fertility & will have an easier go of it, KWIM?

AFM--I'm still waiting on insurance approval for IVF. I just got off the phone w/ the RE's financial person & she's been going back & forth w/ insurance for a couple of weeks now...hopefully it won't be too much longer! Anyway, part of me is nervous and excited, but life, especially work has just been so busy that I'm kind of glad to not have the added stress of all the monitoring appts, the s/e from the meds, all the worrying about retrievals, & all the other stuff. Plus, I really would like to do a day or two of rest when I'm finally able to do an IVF cycle, & I don't see that happening w/ my work schedule...we're relocating our offices next week, which will make my commute 10 miles longer Oh well, hopefully I'll either have some new job prospects soon or DP will get a new job & we can relocate!
I'm excited for you! It's such a great feeling when things move in a direction you like!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #45
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so i met with the new re tonight, i like him a lot. he is a really new doctor and seems very positive and upbeat which is nice. he reviewed everything with us and felt that since we have only done 2 well done iuis (the ones at our old clinic were poorly done, bad timing, etc) he thinks we should push ahead and try some more iuis before jumping to ivf. his thoght is that we don't have anything 'wrong' no block tubes, ovulate regularly, dh's swimmers are good, so it makes sense to try iui some more. i am good with that but i just hate the roller coaster. so i think we will try 2 iuis with clomid/femara and if that doesn't work 2 with injectibles. if that doesn't work then w are going to move on to ivf, not sure if we will do the low stim or not, he seemed to think we'd be better off with conventional, but we will see. hopefully we won't get that far. so i start my meds probably the end of next week (barring a miracle bfp). i haven't been charting and need to start again, i need a new thermometer so ill go get that soon.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #46
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
so i met with the new re tonight, i like him a lot. he is a really new doctor and seems very positive and upbeat which is nice. he reviewed everything with us and felt that since we have only done 2 well done iuis (the ones at our old clinic were poorly done, bad timing, etc) he thinks we should push ahead and try some more iuis before jumping to ivf. his thoght is that we don't have anything 'wrong' no block tubes, ovulate regularly, dh's swimmers are good, so it makes sense to try iui some more. i am good with that but i just hate the roller coaster. so i think we will try 2 iuis with clomid/femara and if that doesn't work 2 with injectibles. if that doesn't work then w are going to move on to ivf, not sure if we will do the low stim or not, he seemed to think we'd be better off with conventional, but we will see. hopefully we won't get that far. so i start my meds probably the end of next week (barring a miracle bfp). i haven't been charting and need to start again, i need a new thermometer so ill go get that soon.
Was that the clinic in Layton? It sounds like it was, as you pretty much described that Dr. to a T. He's been really awesome to work with. He is the one that discovered my last pregnancy super early, and then did everything possible to try and help it stick and monitor me through the loss. He was thorough and sensative. I hope a the IUIs do the trick for you! We still need to set up our next consult. Now that all of the testing is back, I'm pretty sure we're headed for IUIs too, but I think I need to wait until I have another endometrial surgery. It's been four years, and the pain is back so we may have to wait until spring break so I can have that done and then proceed. I hate the waiting but I want whatever we do to have the best chance.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #47
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh no! I just realized I never made a new thread- off to do it now! My brain isn't working well at all lately- Yesterday I had to go to 2 banks- I left my keys at the first one, then left my phone at the second...
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote