Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Early miscarriage... change in ovulation?

Hello all, I just experienced an early miscarriage. It started on 10/3 when I would have been 5.5 weeks along. I am on CD 8 and getting signs that I am going to be Oing soon (pimples, CM) but I normally don't O until CD 19 or 20. Could the miscarriage have messed that up? This would be the right time of month (i.e. I ovulated Sept. 14) but so early. Will I even O this cycle? I am finally starting to feel better physically but I'm still confused by what my body is doing. I only had 3 cycles in between DS2 and this lost bean, but each time O was CD 18-20.

Thanks mamas.

Mr. Man (8/09) , Little guy (6/11) and my little girl (1/14) missing my little beans (10/12) (03/13)
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
My Mood:
I've had 5 losses between 5 and 8 weeks. I tried to use opks after one of the m/c and I got symptoms like you where it looked like O was gonna be super early, etc. but it actually came 4 days later than usual. Your hormones are trying to level back. It's hard to tell what's going on that first cycle. My advice is to relax, heal, and take care of yourself until you get one period. I had great luck with getting pg right away after several of the losses. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you well and a quick bfp.
Homeschooling Momma to 19 yo DD, 16yo DS , 13 yo DD, 5yoDD,4 yo DD, 1 yo DD , 1 month old DD and 6 angels I'll get to see in Heaven one day.
snugglesnsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Early miscarriage... change in ovulation?

So sorry for your loss - it's a heartbreak no matter when it happens.

My cycles have always been wacky, so I'm afraid I'm not a good measuring stick, but they were no weirder than usual after my <6w losses.

Peace and healing to you...
Grateful mama to earth-baby DD2 (9/2011)
missing spirit-baby DD1 (9/2009, 3rd trimester) and the little ones who only stayed a few weeks

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Registered Users
Re: Early miscarriage... change in ovulation?

I came here with the same question. I wasn't charting or really paying attention before, but I just had 2 really early losses and I was having short cycles (24 days) before, and now my first cycle after the 2 mc has been 27 days. I guess it can change things, but I don't know yet if the changes will last or if it's just a re-normalizing fluke. I'm interested to see if anyone else has any advice.
Mama to Ada, 7-23-09 and Sylvia, 11-27-13
Erinne is offline   Reply With Quote