Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:26 AM   #141
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #142
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Congrats!! Looks like pink is catching up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #143
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gender thread!

We are having a boy.....boy #4 to be precise. My boys are thrilled to pieces and even I'm a little relieved that we don't have to switch gears at this point.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #144
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #145
Donthaveaclue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone else Team Green? This will be our second time doing this and its funny to see how people react. Our friends and family act like we are crazy and complain a lot as if it is hurting them. My doctor, ultrasound techs and nurses think its the coolest thing ever. There really are several benefits to not finding out. 1) You aren't planning for the wrong sex. People think this doesn't happen anymore but it does. I have met a few people this has happened with. 2) You don't end up with a bunch of baby clothes at the baby shower. Newborn clothes don't fit very long so getting a ton of stuff baby will outgrow in 2 weeks is silly. Almost everything we got was practical 3) All your things will work for any future babies 4) Waiting to find out really adds to the excitement 5) The greatest benefit for me anyway is spending control. If I knew for sure what I was having I would be buying a bunch of stuff I don't need rather than waiting to see what we get at the shower and what we actually need. If you don't know yet you should really consider waiting.
Donthaveaclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #146
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donthaveaclue View Post
Anyone else Team Green? This will be our second time doing this and its funny to see how people react. Our friends and family act like we are crazy and complain a lot as if it is hurting them. My doctor, ultrasound techs and nurses think its the coolest thing ever. There really are several benefits to not finding out. 1) You aren't planning for the wrong sex. People think this doesn't happen anymore but it does. I have met a few people this has happened with. 2) You don't end up with a bunch of baby clothes at the baby shower. Newborn clothes don't fit very long so getting a ton of stuff baby will outgrow in 2 weeks is silly. Almost everything we got was practical 3) All your things will work for any future babies 4) Waiting to find out really adds to the excitement 5) The greatest benefit for me anyway is spending control. If I knew for sure what I was having I would be buying a bunch of stuff I don't need rather than waiting to see what we get at the shower and what we actually need. If you don't know yet you should really consider waiting.
Those are some really good points. We didn't find out with our first two but this being our last we wanted to see what it was like on this side of the fence.

We already have one of each so we are prepared for both gender's. We don't believe in multiple baby shower's so we don't have to worry about a ton of baby stuff. Waiting to find out is really exciting but finding out also is. We are both glowing about our little girl along with our friends and family and I can finally stop obsessing over it-my mama intuition was SCREAMING girl right from the start so it's nice to just know now and getting excited for her arrival. But all that being said I am VERY happy I have had both experinces and STRONGLY vote for surprise at least with your first-if you can hold out for the rest that's amazing because so many people don't these days. I completely get why you love it
Old 11-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #147
Donthaveaclue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had never heard the whole "multiple showers is tacky" thing until about a year ago and I thought it was so odd. I have family who have had 4 kids and 4 showers and a friend who had 5 kids and 4 showers (one set of twins). I always enjoy the showers and feel like they are for the baby not the parents. Why are you against multiple showers? We have had memebers at our church who were against having a 2nd shower for their own pregnancies and our members still wanted to do things for them and bought them gifts anyway. I wonder if it depends on where you live because not having a shower with every baby was unheard of until I moved.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #148
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Multiple showers are not the norm here in my parts either.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #149
Donthaveaclue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you like it that way?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #150
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

All my friends insisted on throwing another shower when I had my 2nd boy in 14 months. I asked them to just make it a celebration, but it was a shower, just smaller. Maybe now that I'm having my 3rd son within 4 years we will skip it. Or just have a girls lunch.

I have no problem with multiple showers for others, I'm just awkward about being the center of attention. I am always thrilled when invited to a shower, no matter how many babies the mom has. I guess if I couldn't get over etiquette and have a joyful heart, I'd just stay home. No pregnant mama needs the stress of criticizing friends/family/guests. It always cracks me up when there are ranting shower threads, lol. Just stay home.

Last edited by joeslittlewoman; 11-08-2012 at 06:39 AM.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote