Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Re: What have they said to you lately?

lol i love these things! my ds (3 yrs) says the most hilarious things. he's such a chatter box. to everyone.

when we were trick or treating, this one lady wouldn't open her door, and instead cut a slit in her screen to hand candy out of (presumably because of the dog inside). and ds is all: "what you doing? why your door not open? can i open it? that your dog? what it doing? it barking? woof woof! hi doggy! hi!" all while trying to open the door......we thanked her for the candy and hurried him away while he continued to shoot questions at her back over his shoulder......

when i got all dressed up for dd's baptism: "oh mommy! you are soooo handsome!"

last night:

me: "come on buddy boy, it's time for bed!"
ds: " i not buddy boy. i dylan boy! and you mommy boy!"

Advertisement

Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
samham
Registered Users
seller

DS says cute things all the time. Yesterday he said "Mom, I alweddy told you hundred times, yes I wanna shop with gramma."
Mommy, why the moon all alone? Where is his Mommy?" Or when he is in trouble "But I wanna be a good boy. I don't wanna be bad Mommy"

Had my nephew and DS bust into bathroom. Nephew says "you get haircut on your butt?"
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS got up at 5:30am a few days ago. DH intercepted him in the hallway and asked him what he was doing up so early. DS looked lost and confused. Then he said, "I not untired yet." DH sent him back to bed. He went back down without a word.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #14
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD(5) came home from school and informed me...

"Mommy, I want Mitt Romney to beat Barack Obama."
"Why, darling?"
"He is more handsome."

I totally cracked up. First, because she actually knew their names (yea kindergarten!) and secondly because I don't consider either of them handsome!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is in Florida for the week and I am up here in NJ. I told him it snowed last night and he asked me if I went sledding.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 4 year old: mom why are you and daddy going out?
Me: because sometimes mommies and daddies need time together alone with out kids.
Ds: but I don't want you to.
Me: well we need to.
Ds: well Mommy my point still stands.

I just about fell over laughing.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #17
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love asking my son (2 years old) questions that I know are a bit out of his usual realm of knowledge. On election day I kept asking him who he was voting for, or who he hoped would win. Some of his responses: Halloween, big truck, Fresh Beat Band, and himself. When we named he candidates, he said "Obaba."

He didn't understand the whole Halloween costume concept, so when I asked what he wanted to be or what he wanted to dress up as, I got: shirt, red, shirt, Target, dog, etc.

Today he called me by my husband's name. Usually he has a pretty good understanding that we have names but he should call us mama, dada, mom, dad, etc. but he wasn't on the ball today. He finally settled on "Itchy Butt" as my name! haha... a family member taught him how to say "my butt itches," which he thinks is hilarious.

Also, the new word he has picked up? SEXY. I assure you that DH and I don't walk around calling each other that. He knows we don't want him to say it (which, of course, means he wants to say it all the time). I know he doesn't have a clue what it means... but let me tell you, it is very disconcerting when your 2 year old runs up to your 3 month old and shouts, "Sexy!"

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ds1 (4) "mom, look! I have three nipples!" which is quite funny with his speech delay. He had a pimple near his armpit.

He knows about nipples because last week he asked me what's in my shirt. We had a talk about grown up girls having breasts and mommies having milk for babies. He tried to tell me about his breasts and I told him no, he has nipples. Then I had to console hi. Because he was devastated about not having any milk for babies.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #19
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira
Ds1 (4) "mom, look! I have three nipples!" which is quite funny with his speech delay. He had a pimple near his armpit.

He knows about nipples because last week he asked me what's in my shirt. We had a talk about grown up girls having breasts and mommies having milk for babies. He tried to tell me about his breasts and I told him no, he has nipples. Then I had to console hi. Because he was devastated about not having any milk for babies.
My daughter is the same way! We had a talk about how mommy has na-nas but daddy doesn't. She said "Daddy has dots!" and now tells people who has na-nas and who has dots.

When my ILs were visiting, she randomly started saying "that's what Mommy's naked looks like." Then she held up two chopsticks to her chest and announced "I has na-nas!"
Old 11-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #20
blane,j,&morgansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS: "Mommy daddy has the bless you's"

My husband was sneezing. It was crazy funny at the time!