Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #21
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
No, I still haven't been to the Dr. I plan to go sometime next week for an appt and a referral for the u/s.

I dunno. I've never had one for any of my pregnancies. And I don't think it would bring me that much comfort with this Babe. I know I've said it before, but we heard Elli's hb over and over, and that obviously didn't really matter in the end.
For me, I'd need a damn u/s at home - Tom Cruise still free? :P
I don't know what Tom Cruise means, but you can get a portable ultrasound machine on Ebay for about $1,000. At least, you could last time I checked a year and a half ago or so.

Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah for all of the great updates!!!
happymama1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #23
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy_1996 View Post
Carly messages me today and it prompted me to check in. Oops! I will be 29 weeks tomorrow. Baby Laila Is growing great although she is apparently trying to get out now. Grr! I am in bed rest until contractions let up or I have my next cervical ultrasound on the 21st. Not going to be a fun few weeks!
Stay in there baby! Bake a little longer!!!
Sorry about the bed rest, but glad all is going (relatively) well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I don't know what Tom Cruise means, but you can get a portable ultrasound machine on Ebay for about $1,000. At least, you could last time I checked a year and a half ago or so.
There were rumours (don't know if they were ever confirmed) that Tom + Kat had an u/s in their house while pregnant with their DD.
We most definitely do not have a grand to spend on one - though that's really quite interesting.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

I've been gone for a couple days and you guys have been a chatty bunch! I feel like I'm falling behind. Too much to catch up on with personals, but it sounds like everyone is doing well.

Went camping last weekend. Had a great time. They did tie-dye shirts. I had some dye-resist stuff and drew a heart on the belly and wrote the words "fearfully and wonderfully made" above. It's a reference to Psalm 139. Then I did a rainbow of colors starting in the heart with red and continuing out through the whole shirt.

I'm 11 weeks today and am feeling good about the pregnancy. I have my u/s next week and just wanna get to that so I can confirm that everything is ok. I've been waiting to tell family until after that u/s. However, my mom just got back to Florida after spending 6 months in Massachusetts and she wants to come see us this weekend. I really don't want to see her until I've had the u/s, so hopefully I can convince her that my kids are too sick for her to visit. Yikes!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #25
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
There were rumours (don't know if they were ever confirmed) that Tom + Kat had an u/s in their house while pregnant with their DD.
We most definitely do not have a grand to spend on one - though that's really quite interesting.
Yeah, neither do I, but I was surprised at how "affordable" they are, since back when I was having DD, just a doppler was going for several hundred in most places.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #26
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Eeep, Kate, I hope you can delay her visit.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #27
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I've been gone for a couple days and you guys have been a chatty bunch! I feel like I'm falling behind. Too much to catch up on with personals, but it sounds like everyone is doing well.

Went camping last weekend. Had a great time. They did tie-dye shirts. I had some dye-resist stuff and drew a heart on the belly and wrote the words "fearfully and wonderfully made" above. It's a reference to Psalm 139. Then I did a rainbow of colors starting in the heart with red and continuing out through the whole shirt.

I'm 11 weeks today and am feeling good about the pregnancy. I have my u/s next week and just wanna get to that so I can confirm that everything is ok. I've been waiting to tell family until after that u/s. However, my mom just got back to Florida after spending 6 months in Massachusetts and she wants to come see us this weekend. I really don't want to see her until I've had the u/s, so hopefully I can convince her that my kids are too sick for her to visit. Yikes!
Meh, no worries. Life goes on
Glad you had fun camping! Any pics to share of your shirt? I'd love to see it!
for the whole mom visiting thing! Hopefully you can hold her off until after your u/s!
and for a wonderful u/s for you, too.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #28
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Eeep, Kate, I hope you can delay her visit.
Quote:
Meh, no worries. Life goes on
Glad you had fun camping! Any pics to share of your shirt? I'd love to see it!
for the whole mom visiting thing! Hopefully you can hold her off until after your u/s!
and for a wonderful u/s for you, too.
I texted my mom this morning and told her the kids were to sick and asked her to come next weekend. She said 'sure.' Crisis averted.

here's a pic of the shirt before I washed out the excess dye. Hard to read the words here, but you get the idea.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #29
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

about the mom visit
Love the shirt!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #30
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
I just found this thread and I want to join all you ladies My name is Amanda and I have 2 little girls (4.5 and 2.5) and a wonderful DH. We got pregnant last fall and were due in July. On January 3rd I started bleeding and went to the ER where we discovered our baby has passed. My first appointment was only a couple days away and we had been waiting to hear the baby's heartbeat I was 10 weeks but the baby measured around 7-8 weeks. No one in my family had ever miscarried, I never expected it with 2 prior total normal pregnancies. Just was very emotionally hard on my husband and I and our oldest daughter who understood the loss and had to heal as well. I was unprepared to deal with the loss and still feel sadness over it. Last month was our first month NTNP, but that quickly turned into kind of TTC when I started to feel ovulation pain and started temping etc. Anyways it worked the first month and we are due July 15th!!!! We are so excited but I am so nervous!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you ladies!!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote