Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #21
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Worst Parenting Fears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
I often fear that my kids will grow up to hate me. I love them so dearly, and I spend the vast majority of my time toiling to nurture them in one way or another, but I make mistakes, like any parent. I've noticed that many adults blame their problems on their parents and are highly critical of how they were raised. I'm sure some parents truly deserve the criticism and even hatred, but I imagine that some of those parents were really trying their best with loving intentions. I guess I'm afraid no matter how hard I try it won't be good enough for at least one of my kids.
Yes, this. Especially since I don't have a good relationship with my own mother. I am terrified that they will end up feeling the same way about me.

Also just like OP that something will happen to me and no one will find them until later. I had serious health issues after DD was born and I was sick at the thought that DS(3 at the time) would just be sitting there crying and trying to wake mommy up. Basically me or DH dying while they are little.

Advertisement

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #22
ProudGingerMama
Registered Users

I am horribly afraid my daughters will end up believing what their father has told them. ( we are separated and he doesn't hold back what he says to them about me) that they will end up not wanting to have anything to do with me. Also I am very worried that my ODD will turn into one of those teenagers that bullies everyone else just because she feels she is better than them and entitled to making others feel less.

Another big feet I have is being able to provide for them. I am almost done with my time in the military (I have 2 months left) and still don't have anything else lined up (not for lack of trying) and I am insanely frightened of being able to provide for them when I do get out.

Ginger mama of 2 gorgeous ginger babies (DD-4 and DD-15 months) Sent from my iPhone (which definitely thinks its smarter than me) using DS Forum
Old 11-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #23
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemama View Post
What is your greatest fear as a parent? Aside from a great tragedy like disease, car accident, the "worst-possible scenarios".
That really is my only fear. I guess the only other thing would be that I somehow cause him to hate me and not speak to me when he is an adult....oh, and that I won't have grandchildren.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
Yes, this. Especially since I don't have a good relationship with my own mother. I am terrified that they will end up feeling the same way about me.
Same here. I have a terrible relationship with my mother and father, and I had to cut them out of our lives, and I'm scared to death that something like that will happen with DS. Then again, when I was the age DS is now, our relationship had already hit the fan, and DS tells me on a daily basis that he loves me (just out of nowhere, not being prodded) so I'm somewhat confident that we're doing the right thing and I will still have a good relationship with him when he is an adult.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #25
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage
ITeen pregnancy. She is 20 now, and not mature enough for that.. I can't imagine if she'd been 16 or 17.
My sister in law was a teen mom. It was hard, but thankfully her family was great and the dad turned out to be an amazing person. Now they are very happily married with three kids. There are some success stories out there!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #26
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Besides the big things like getting hurt, kidnapped, molested, etc.

1. That they will be bullied (or become a bully).
2. That they will turn to alcohol and/or drugs in their teens.
3. That they will marry someone who thinks I'm a horrible MIL and tries to separate me from my kids and grand kids. This was never really a fear until I got on DS and realized many women hate their MILs.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #27
mrsrozberry
Registered Users

That I will end up like my mom
That I will lose him to something
mrsrozberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #28
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

That I will hurt her, damage her. Not physically.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #29
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

1. That her father will mistreat and hurt her the way he has hurt me. I'm terrified that he will lie to her and manipulate her, even turn her against me.

2. That something will happen to me. If I'm in some kind of accident, I worry about how she will grow up. Her dad is a mess. It honestly terrifies me.

3. That she will sexually abused/molested or even abducted, which I know is not as common as sexual abuse.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #30
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Sexual abuse.

I was raped at age 14, and I have never told my parents.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote