Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
firstbaby2011
Registered Users

DealDash?

I've seen people on FB getting great deals, but I'm not sure that it seems legit.
Has anyone used this website?

Advertisement

firstbaby2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
ZnBmama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: DealDash?

I've never heard of it? Do they post deals directly on FB?

Hunting and pecking for fresh baby and children's deals! Follow me! CheapMamaChick on Facebook
& Cheapmamachick.com
ZnBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 AM   #3
Lovely_Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Never heard of it either.
Lovely_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It is a penny auction place where you buy bids. I haven't looked at the bid prices, but the "amount" that people pay for their items is definitely not indicative of the amount they truly paid if you factor in how much they pay for bids. If I remember right, there used to be a site (and it may still be active) called Bidcactus that was the same way.
acwakip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
bethanyb
Registered Users
seller

I haven't looked at this particular one, but I looked into a site that operated the same way a while back and to me it was the equivalent of gambling. Every person pays for each bid they make whether or not they win. Each bid can only increase the amount to be paid by a very small amount and each time someone bids the auction end time gets extended. If you come up with a smart strategy, I'm sure you can get a good deal, but it comes at the expense of many others who spent lots of money on bids and didn't get anything. The site is definitely making much more on those items then they would retail and they lure people in by advertising the low prices they are paying. Something about it just doesn't seem honest to me. I guess if they advertised it as a pay to play game with prizes I might feel better about it.
bethanyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
bethanyb
Registered Users
seller

Also, I think you would have to waste a lot of time to actually get what you wanted at a good price because the auction end time is constantly changing.
bethanyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

I *hate* those sites. You have to buy your bids and if you bid on something and don't win, you lose that money. you are paying into something you are likely not going to get. It's a total waste of money and time. I bet people lose track of how much they are spending on bidding to with that "$2" iPad and so forth. It's costing a lot more money than $2 and there are a bunch of people out money with nothing to show for it. It equate it to a scam.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
firstbaby2011
Registered Users

Hmmm...well, I guess I will be skipping that site. The website did seem a little "funny" to me.Thank you all for your input!
firstbaby2011 is offline   Reply With Quote