Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Co-sleeper?

We need to buy a new co-sleeper for this LO. She'll be bed sharing some of the time, but we know from experience that this arrangement isn't the best for DH.

I was going to get an Arm's Reach, but now am also looking at the Baby Trend Close & Cozy system. We had a PnP last time, but I didn't like the bassinet for the early weeks (too big & too deep). I like the bed level option of the Arm's Reach and also the smaller bed level attachment of the Baby Trend. But, I also want something that I can convert to a play yard as she gets older. Obviously the Baby Trend with do this, and I know the regular sized AR will, but I'm curious if anyone has experience using it as a play yard versus just a sleeper.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I'd love some feedback. Thanks!

Advertisement

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-sleeper?

We have a family bed and are just now putting DS 2.5 in his own bed in our room.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524

Last edited by NappyChappy; 11-09-2012 at 04:32 AM.
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-sleeper?

I haven't owned either, FWIW, but I've looked at both online, and the reviews on the Arm's Reach are better. We have used a PnP and a sidecar crib and I'm looking for something better this time around.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dp
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 11-09-2012 at 07:39 AM.
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #5
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We cosleep. We have an arms reach cosleeper. Sometimes baby is actually in bed with us. Other times baby is in the co sleeper (depends hom tired I am and heavy I'm going to sleep).
I really love our Arms Reach but that being said it is just a cosleeper. It does not convert to anything later.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I have the original arm's reach. We've used it like a bassinet, cosleeper, play yard (very rarely--my kids didn't dig confinement), crib, and toy holder, lol. The down side is it isn't as easy to move room to room as a standard PnP. It is harder to break down and put up, and too wide for most doorways. It is sturdier, larger, and deeper than most PnP play yards, though. Which is handy with my tall boys., I think it is worth it if you will use it for multiple kids, or snag a like-new one on CL. I love ours, but it was expensive. (Thankfully gifted to us by hub's parents, and will be used by all 3 of our kids, then passed on.)