Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #31
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My son had H sharing day at school the other day. I suggested he bring one of his many hockey items and of course since I was running late he refused. I told him he would need to find something on his own.
When I have everything packed up and ready to go I call to him it is time to go and he walks out of his room with a green monster truck.
Me: "is that for H sharing?"
DS: "yep"
Me "does is start with H?"
DS: "ugh of course it does, it is a Hot wheels car, didn't you go to Kindergarten?"

I wasn't sure if I should be offended or impressed

Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #32
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What have they said to you lately?

I love these!

My two year old told me very seriously this morning: "I want some yogurt to eat. Not a baby. Babies aren't food, but yogurt IS a food. I want to eat yogurt." She's clearly a deep thinker.

I was talking to my four year old today about hobbies and the difference between hobbies and jobs. She thought about it and told me "my best most fun hobby is playing with Granny!!" My heart melted and then she added, "my job is making you happy Mama. I'm good at my job."
Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #33
mkrisel
Registered Users

We have a 2 day old and I'm sitting on the couch nursing her. DD who us 2.5 walk up, points to my cleavage and states "Those are your baby buns!"
Yes, I'm engorged, but I didn't think they were that big!!!
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #34
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This happened awhile ago. I was changing ds2's diaper and saying to him "I am going to eat your hieny" I wasn't really obviously but then ds1 jumped in and said "no no mommy it is not chocolate it's sh*t!" Mind it at the time I never understood what he was saying but that was perfectly clear.

On election day I asked ds2 who is 3

Me:"who do you want to win the election?"
ds2 "The GIANTS!!!!!"
Me: "Me too honey"

Ds2 answer to everything now is "forgetta bout it!"
Me: "Hey Tanner, why are your underwear on the floor?"
DS2: :forgetta bout it!"

Ds1 loves to quiz me about dinosaurs.

Me: "Honey, I do not want to answer questions about dinosaurs today"
Ds1: "Mommy you have to learn this stuff you are going need to know this for when you get older!"
Me: "OH really, I am going to need to know what period orinthomimmus lived?"
Ds1: "Yes mommy it is very very important!"

Last edited by dagmomma; 11-09-2012 at 07:50 PM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #35
Blossom of Snow
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
LOL these made me chuckle.

My YDD (19 mos old) has learned to say "Spy-bah-mah" which means SPIDERMAN! It's hilarious, esp since she is a slow talker and it's one of her only 10-15 words. I let DS (4) watch the old OLD Spiderman cartoons (certain ones that don't feature rampant discrimination and are not very violent), and as soon as YDD sees Netlflix pop up, she runs to the couch and shouts excitedly "SPY-BAH-MAH! SPY-BUH-MAH!"
We don't know how but DD knew about Spiderman for months before we figured out what "piper-man" was! Also, her favorite show is the original Transformers (yay Netflix!) and she's constantly running around singing the theme song, the part for "more than meets the eye" she says "ona beasty eye"

A week before Halloween DD came to me and said "Mama, I wanna be a robot! A red robot, like Transformers! Not Megatron, he's mad. Megatron needs a hug."

DD and I were sharing a slice of pumpkin pie, and I said that I loved it, "but..but you can't hug pumpkin pie!! You will crush it and get crumbs all over the floor!"

Last night at dinner I had asked DH "so how was your day?" and DD, without missing a beat deadpans "not good. I lost my bowl of fruit."

I got about a million of these
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #36
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

When my baby was born, my nephew, 6 at the time, was absolutely entranced. He looked from her to me with these HUGE eyes and whispers, "you know how when something's so cute you just want to CRUSH it?!" I told him I knew exactly what he meant.

Somebody's older sibling taught the little kids at my niece's school "I'm sexy and I know it". The teachers freaked out and cracked down on all the 3 year olds singing it (in the nicest, most diplomatic way, obvs) but it only alerted the kids to the fact tht they had stumbled on something delightfully risqué. My 3 year old niece will now randomly stop what she's doing, run over, and whisper "I'm sexy and I know it!" in the nearest adult's ear.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #37
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My 5 year old keeps randomly taking one sock off. So, naturally I tell him to put it back on or his foot will get cold. He doesn't like this and tells me it wont. Me, being type A always insists that he puts two socks on....the last time DS said this:

"Mommy, some people are different and that's OK. Just let me be different"
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #38
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu03 View Post
We were playing doctor, and my 4 year old felt my forehead with her hand. She gave me a sad face and said, "I'm sorry. You feel hot. You have a beaver."
Old 11-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #39
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimon View Post
What animal had to die to give us bread?
BAH! These are all too funny... just what I needed to remember to love my kids again after a night of very little sleep! Thanks, OP!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #40
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I was recording my kids a few days ago for a video message to their grandpa (my dad). They always get silly on camera but when my 7yo walked up and said 'Hi grandpa. I had a lightbulb. Boycott homework. It kills trees. Play more video games!' and walked away I about died.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote