Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #21
Veg's Dragonflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whooping cough .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsMama View Post
My DH and I both had the whopping cough, you have to ride it out, antibiotics can only be helpful if you take them right away and most people don't know they have it until it is too late for the antibiotics. Humidifiers will help. Warm liquids, no cold air or drafts.
I agree with that. When my 5 yr old was diagnosed over four years ago, she was in the second stage and they admitted her into the hospital. They gave her antibiotics so she couldn't infect anyone else. She didn't even have a fever.

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #22
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsMama View Post
My DH and I both had the whopping cough, you have to ride it out, antibiotics can only be helpful if you take them right away and most people don't know they have it until it is too late for the antibiotics. Humidifiers will help. Warm liquids, no cold air or drafts.
I was told the same when it came to the antibiotics.

I am also subbing this thread. Hopefully we won't need this info but if we do I am signing up for the PMing you idea.(hope you don't mind)

We have been there done that but had to go it alone. No Internet access, limited natural supplies, we lived a 45 minute drive from any store with anything, and no official diagnosis until he was almost over it.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:59 AM   #23
blackflaggirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Whopping cough oh my . I *think* my 10 week old has it. Poor baby boy. He started out congested one week ago and yesterday his cough started. I didn't think nothing of it but last night while awake I decided to look videos on how it sounds n it sounds like whopping cough. I have a question should I still take him to the Dr so that they can test him for it and then just not fill the script? I would rather treat him naturally and not have the doc push the vaccine since he'd already have had pertussis... If that's what it is.

Melissa Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum
Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #24
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son's pre-k classroom has a child that got Whooping cough. They are telling all the parents to get the students on antibiotics. I declined and have had three people in the medical field call me and tell me to give him antibiotics. I have two other sons at home, the youngest being almost 10 months. I think I'm just going to boost their immune system and hope for the best. Don't want to put him on antibiotics just because he might get sick. Rather deal with it naturally. I'll have to read those links.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #25
whiteyacht
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Whooping cough terrifies me. Especially with a baby in the house, I would do the abx, no questions.

---
Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.
whiteyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
MyNameIsMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflaggirl View Post
Whopping cough oh my . I *think* my 10 week old has it. Poor baby boy. He started out congested one week ago and yesterday his cough started. I didn't think nothing of it but last night while awake I decided to look videos on how it sounds n it sounds like whopping cough. I have a question should I still take him to the Dr so that they can test him for it and then just not fill the script? I would rather treat him naturally and not have the doc push the vaccine since he'd already have had pertussis... If that's what it is.

If it is not to late for antibiotics I would use them. Whopping cough is a terrible disease and it can be deadly. DH would cough so hard his throat would close up and he couldn't breathe. Sometimes he would cough so hard he would throw up instantly.
MyNameIsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #27
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have had whooping cough before, very scary. DS was 8 mo old and I got it also. The other 3 children (at the time all I had) never got it nor DH. He and I flew to TX to pick up a new van, then drove back 2 days later. Surprised no one else got it though since we don't vax, everyone else was 6 and under at the time?? Either way, had no clue what it was and finally went to Dr. they heard baby and flipped out. This was over 3 yrs ago, so it hadn't started spreading across the country yet adn we got calls from CDC and APA etc drilling where we had been, what we were doing, teling us to stay in our home for min. 30 days.... About a yr or 2 laer I started seeing sign and bill boards nad magazine ads about getting booster shots etc... Hmm, wonder if we brought it??
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #28
blackflaggirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well it turns out in my case he has bronchitis, not whopping cough.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #29
Veg's Dragonflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bupm