Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Anyone have a "single type" stash?

I was wondering if anyone uses pockets exclusively. I have built up a stash of almost exclusively pockets. I just like them and feel it will be the best for me.

I have some fitteds and flats, but to be honest, with my sensitive nose and silly cleanliness issues, wiping a cover and reusing isn't going to work for me.

Can a one style stash work?

Advertisement

Puppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #2
hudsonvalleygal
Registered Users

Re: Anyone have a "single type" stash?

Sure, I think it can work! You might need different types of inserts for your pockets as your baby grows and the amount of pee you're dealing with changes, but pockets are so customizable that I think it would work. I have found with both of my kids that they became such heavy wetters that at times we needed hemp inserts for their pocket dipes and wool soakers to pull over them at naptime, but other than that, we're still using pockets a lot.
hudsonvalleygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #3
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

mind you I just restashed but my entire stash now consists of 20 diaper safari pocket diapers. each is stuffed with a microfiber towel around a fab doubler. I'm loving the ease and trimness and how throughly everything is getting washed. I'm actually down to a prewash and a single long wash with extra rinse. Ive eliminated and entire wash cycle and have amaxingly clean diapers and clear rinse.
Even before I did this restash I had a basic one type only stash I ve had only AIOs for well over a year now.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a single type stash. my DS is allergic to pul. I started out w/ 1/2 OS pockets & 1/2 OS fitteds. when we realized what it was that was causing his rash I sold off all of his pockets. for the last 18m all I've used on him are OS fitteds (though a few different brands) & wool for covers. I love the simplicity of having just 1 system.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Thanks so much for the replies. I plan on buying hemp, bamboo and microfibre inserts. I also have a dozen small flats to stuff with.

I'm currently making my inserts with 2 layers of microfibre and one layer of toweling.
Puppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
O'sMommy:)
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My stash consisted only of AI2's (technically hybrids since I use Flip but they are an AI2 system) until yesterday when I got my first AIOs. I tried pockets in the beginning and absolutely hated them but loved my Flips so I streamlined to Flip. The grandparents don't care for the AI2 system so I'm trying to see if Thirsties AIO's will work so that they'll use cloth when they keep my son bc as of right now, I've given them permission to use 'sposies (which I'm not crazy about doing) when they have him bc they are idiots when it comes to my Flips. I could leave my whole stash over there, which isn't small, with him for a day and I'd come back to no clean covers and a lot of clean inserts. They think you have to change the cover each time you change his diaper which just irritates me bc it means that I could have just done diaper laundry but after he's over there, I must do it again immediately.

Last edited by O'sMommy:); 11-11-2012 at 05:50 AM.
O'sMommy:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I use just pockets fine. I love. I don't just use mf inserts though.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #8
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have almost all pockets. 6 BG 3.0/4.0 and the rest Alva Baby... I do have several econobum prefolds and covers, but those are really our emergency diapers.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #9
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have almost all pockets. 6 BG 3.0/4.0 and the rest Alva Baby... I do have several econobum prefolds and covers, but those are really our emergency diapers.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #10
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I never had mixed stashes. First it was one size all in ones. But those didn't it my second so we traded for gDiapers. Which is all we have now.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote