Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #41
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Hi Ladies,
I was just reading to catch up Glad everyone is doing okay. My friend who lost a baby a little less then a year ago just found out she is pregnant and due in June. I told her about our group so hopefully we will see a new person around soon!

Everything is going well here. I was really sick with a nasty cold, worse I have ever had this week so that's why I went MIA! I am better now and saw the family doc yesterday, no ear infections or chest issues thankfully. He was not at all concerned about our little girl's 2V cord which was great. We are doing our OB consult on Monday so hopefully that goes well, our midwife is coming with us. I love that this little one is active, mostly when I lie down or after I eat one of her favorite foods. It is so nice to feel little baby movements, I know soon those will turn painful but for now it is a sign she is alive and well. Hugs to everyone!
Congrats and to her!
Sorry about the , glad you're on the mend now!

I love that your MW is coming with you to the OB consult - that's such good patient care!
FTR, when pregnant with Isaac I came in contact with fifths disease. The MW said everything was fine, but that she had to call the OB for a phone consult about it -just cuz that's how things worked. I got a call a few days later, from the OB office, saying I had an appt with him. I called my MW, she said not to bother going to it, that it wasn't necessary. So I didn't. At the end of the pregnancy, when I had to go to the OB because of weeks of contractions and the MWs ignoring me (fwiw, Isaac was wedged in breech, had no room to turn by that point, and labor would never have progressed with his positioning), the MWs told me to 1-see the OB I said I disliked, instead of my own OB, 2-got really angry and yelled at me over the phone when I called my own OB and got right in with him "over their heads", and 3-wrote a "referral letter" to him that said (yes, I rifled through my chart and read it) many lies including that "the patient refused to see the OB for consult when it was recommended"

Sorry. Seriously still have issues with the MWs here. They disgust me.
So, reading that your MW is going with you to the OB consult? That give me "warm fuzzies" towards her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
My kids are rarely sick either. Maybe 1x/yr for each of them? Knock on wood!
Ooo, mama, you'd better be knocking on some wood - I say things like that and they come back to bite me in the arse!

AFM: DH woke me in the middle of the night, snoring (him, not me... and that's not what the love is for, lol). I woke enough to feel something strange in my belly, then realized it felt like hiccups again - I still don't know if it's possibly too early for real hiccups, maybe just some kicks, but it feels like hiccups - just not the whole belly... like localized hiccups!
Anyways, if you read my posts with Amanda, you saw that I dubbed Levi "Nudge" inside - because of his early movements. And "Babe" has just been a temporary nn until I felt something different was right - methinks Babe is now "Hiccup" "giggle2:

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #42
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awww... "Hiccup" that's so cute!

Glad you are all having a good week.... I can't believe how fast this month is flying by already... it's almost mid-month... if this keeps up, we'll all have new babies in our arms before we know it!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #43
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Awww... "Hiccup" that's so cute!

Glad you are all having a good week.... I can't believe how fast this month is flying by already... it's almost mid-month... if this keeps up, we'll all have new babies in our arms before we know it!
Thanks!

I kwym! Especially with Christmas coming now, the next couple months is going to fly by.
Well... providing we get a good u/s and I assume it will be scheduled sometime in the last week of Nov/first week of Dec. Somewhere in there.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #44
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Would like to join you ladies...again. Last time I joined I had a feeling I was going to mc again & I did. I've had 3 MCs in the last 10 months...2 CPs & 1 @ 8w5d. So far this one seems to be going ok. Tests have gotten darker & my breast tenderness is insane, but of course those signs are no guarantee as my 8w loss started out that way too. So I have a long way to go before I'm secure with this pregnancy, but I'm super excited to be here for now.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #45
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Awww!! Baby Hiccup is soooo adorable I can't wait to start feeling movement <3 I feel like I'm breaking my own rule of not telling people about the pregnancy.... Every time I see or talk to a friend lately I find myself telling them Im pregnant!!! I'm just so excited and want to share the news, just praying everything goes well! With my girls I told people around 6 weeks with #3 It never felt right to tell anyone so I never told friends or posted on Facebook... It's like my body knew subconsciously idk.... So maybe it's a good sign Im telling people. I'm going to take it as a good sign lol

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #46
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom
Would like to join you ladies...again. Last time I joined I had a feeling I was going to mc again & I did. I've had 3 MCs in the last 10 months...2 CPs & 1 @ 8w5d. So far this one seems to be going ok. Tests have gotten darker & my breast tenderness is insane, but of course those signs are no guarantee as my 8w loss started out that way too. So I have a long way to go before I'm secure with this pregnancy, but I'm super excited to be here for now.
Welcome!!!!! Will be praying for a sticky bean!!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #47
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
welcome back!! So excited to see you on here again for a HH9M for you this time around!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #48
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

Great to have you here. Grow baby grow.

Do any of you have days where your symptoms are not as noticeable and kind of freak out?!? I'm 9w3d and my nausea isn't nearly as bad and by breast tenderness isn't as bad either. It makes me freak a little because my last m/c I had nausea and one day it totally went away. I called the doc and they sent me to the ultrasound place where I found out the baby had died. :/ sometimes I wish I could enjoy nausea free (or lesser nausea) days. :/
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #49
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Welcome back, Deanna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
if this keeps up, we'll all have new babies in our arms before we know it!
Speaking of which... I don't want to "leave" the group once this baby's born, but I want to be sensitive to those of you still pregnant and restrict all my "oh, baby's doing this and that" posts and instead cheer the rest of you on. (Unless someone specifically asks about the baby, lol.)
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #50
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Welcome, and congrats on your new little bean!

I, too, had 3 losses (4wk3d, 5wk4d, 4wk) in 8 months, before getting pregnant with a sticky Levi. I had 2 more miscarriages (4wk6d, 5wk1d) before getting pregnant with Elli - irrationally, I felt the whole time that she wouldn't make it because I had to have 3 losses before another baby... and she was that third. This one... well, we'll see. But we're still here today!
I don't know if that helps to hear or not. I am sorry if it doesn't. For me, it helps to hear that I'm not alone, not the only one saying goodbye to my sweet ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
Awww!! Baby Hiccup is soooo adorable I can't wait to start feeling movement <3 I feel like I'm breaking my own rule of not telling people about the pregnancy.... Every time I see or talk to a friend lately I find myself telling them Im pregnant!!! I'm just so excited and want to share the news, just praying everything goes well! With my girls I told people around 6 weeks with #3 It never felt right to tell anyone so I never told friends or posted on Facebook... It's like my body knew subconsciously idk.... So maybe it's a good sign Im telling people. I'm going to take it as a good sign lol
Thanks I like it, DH does too.
Do you remember Meredith from our JuneBugs? When she heard, she said it reminded her of "How to Train Your Dragon" (which it did me, too, but we love that movie so it's not a bad thing!) and now Hiccup needs to have a dragon stuffie

Hey, OT question - does your mom only make the one size piddle poddles (aios, I mean, not fitteds), or does she still make them in the NB size? I only had 2 of them with Levi, but we loved them. I get emails from her about sales and deals and whatnot, but don't see any itty diapers when I look at the site.
I'm not anywhere near ready to buy anything yet... can't plan that far ahead... and really I don't need any more diapers but those ones were a fav of ours and SO CUTE! I might talk myself into "needing" a few more

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29 View Post
Do any of you have days where your symptoms are not as noticeable and kind of freak out?!? I'm 9w3d
Yup, I did.
At the point you're at, it is normal to have some lessening in the severity of m/s - the placenta forms by 8 weeks and starts doing its thing then. It doesn't fully take over until 12-13 weeks, which is why m/s usually lasts until then, but it's normal to have days when you feel a little less crappy. Just don't be surprised to feel worse than ever tomorrow or the next day!
Starting around 9-10 weeks this time I had a day here and there where I didn't feel as bad... but then it would come back with a vengeance!

I know it's hard not to freak out. And, strange (and mean!) as it sounds, for a worse-than-ever day for you tomorrow! Then the next "good" day you have, you can actually enjoy instead of worrying through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Speaking of which... I don't want to "leave" the group once this baby's born, but I want to be sensitive to those of you still pregnant and restrict all my "oh, baby's doing this and that" posts and instead cheer the rest of you on. (Unless someone specifically asks about the baby, lol.)
I don't want you to leave either! I feel bad that the other rainbow mamas have "left"
Personally, being able to see these rainbows, even to hear about them (not the every.little.thing chat, but the big things, kwim?) and see pics - that's encouraging! I can understand, too, how it may not be for some mamas, but I think for the most part it would be appreciated.

AFM: This morning I poked at Hiccup (yes, I keep trying to wake him up in the morning with me!), got nothing for a while, then got quite a few kicks/thumps/tickles within a short time (maybe 6-8 movements in less than 10 minutes) - that's good, right?
I just googled "how much movement is normal at 18 weeks". Of course the whole "kick count" thing comes up. That's looking for 10 movements in less than 2hrs, and isn't until 26ish weeks. So I'm thinking this morning was pretty darn good.

I feel like I'm not feeling Hiccup as much as the others (other than Elli). But I think I'm having a harder time remembering exactly how often/how much I felt them at this point because of how little I felt from Elli... make sense? I can remember them at, like, 30 weeks - rolling and stretching and kicking, shoving my belly around like they owned the place, lol - but I remember that and then freak that I'm not feeling that with Hiccup yet.
And I know there's a range of "normal" amount of movement with kids too - my babies were all different inside, I know this! I just have to actually remember it - that's the hard part!