Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #131
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Quickly, though - "Babe" has always been a temporary nn until something else felt right. For example, DS3 was always "Nudge" because of his early movements. Last night DH woke me up, snoring (him not me!). I felt something weird in my belly, then woke up enough to realize it felt like hiccups. I don't know if it's not too early for real hiccups, maybe it's just kicking, but it feels like hiccups - but localized, not the whole belly (if you've had a hiccup baby, you'll kwim). And I've felt "moving" like that a few times over the past month or so.
SO, Babe is now dubbed "Hiccup"
One of my kids had the hiccups every single day from 20 weeks (inside) to 6 months (outside). So so sweet! Love the feeling of realizing that repetitive "kick" is really hiccups.

Advertisement

Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom

Last edited by 4dramamama; 11-10-2012 at 07:17 PM.
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #132
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH
We should get our blood test results on Friday! We will know then what we're having.

Poor DH... I read a post out loud to him that mentioned "Miss Minimalist".. And then thought out loud, "Oooh, Miss Minimalist? I'm going to find out what that is..." and he says, "Oh dear god, please, please, do NOT go minimalist on me! I can't keep up!" LOL
Bwahahahaaaaa! You're husband and mine should write a blog! Hilarious wives they have as fodder!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #133
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

Honestly if you do it your dh will love it!!!! Well if you do not go overboard.

I would not call us strict minimilists but my dh is happy we strive for it.
My husband would literally pass out if I announced my true minimalist desires. Unless we had a spare identical home where he could keep all the stuff we'll need "someday!"
Old 11-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #134
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 4th-10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
We go back the 30th. They couldn't even see the feet, and couldn't get a good view of the heart, so they wanted me to come back and try again. We'll see!
I was thinking if it was just gender they couldn't get a look at, they likely wouldn't do another one. But definitely if there are other things they didn't get a good look at.
that baby gets moving and shakin in there and gives good views of everything next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
We should get our blood test results on Friday! We will know then what we're having.

Poor DH... I read a post out loud to him that mentioned "Miss Minimalist".. And then thought out loud, "Oooh, Miss Minimalist? I'm going to find out what that is..." and he says, "Oh dear god, please, please, do NOT go minimalist on me! I can't keep up!" LOL
at your DH - poor guy!
How exactly does the blood test for gender work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
This is so cute. DS was a hiccup baby. I clocked him one time around 38 weeks and he had the hiccups for nearly three hours. It had gotten a little old at that point, since when he was that big it tickled me when he would hiccup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
One of my kids had the hiccups every single day from 20 weeks (inside) to 6 months (outside). So so sweet! Love the feeling of realizing that repetitive "kick" is really hiccups.
Ruthie had hiccups a lot - maybe not daily, but close to it - while I was pregnant with her and then continuing for her first few months. When I was pregnant she would hiccup for a while, then squirm and kick like crazy... and then hiccup more, lol. After she was born she would hiccup some, then cry and kick and squirm - just like when she was inside! I loved seeing that her little personality was part of her before she was even born, kwim?
The boys had hiccups sometimes, but not as often as her, and they didn't get ticked off like she did!

I'm still not sure if this is real hiccups or not... (according to google, it is possible at this point so ), could be just a kicking in one spot, but it still feels like them, so Hiccup it is

AFM: DD's party went well, the girls had fun. The snowstorm finally hit late last night (had been called to start yesterday afternoon), it was pretty bad this morning, but the girls all got picked up. Wouldn't have been a big deal if they hadn't, though.
Our kids all had an earlier-than-usual bedtime tonight, though - they were all overtired and worn out from yesterday!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #135
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I posted a little while ago that DH and I needed to have a heart to heart...long, uncomfortable talk. I'm just NOT GOOD with those things. I am praising God that it went really well and was completely unplanned by me. Things came up in the course of life and my DH is such a great man to see things as they are, instead of how he'd like them to be (AKA agree with me LOL). I am just so glad and relieved that the Lord is working out everything for me and I don't have to be uncomfortable or a shrew. I know this is vague. But I'm being purposefully open about this because even though I am a very private person (VERY VERY VERY) I would like to encourage all of US that God has our best interests in mind and He sees our heart's desires. He cares for me in the big and small things. I'm not special. He'll do it for you, too.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #136
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

Honestly if you do it your dh will love it!!!! Well if you do not go overboard.

I would not call us strict minimilists but my dh is happy we strive for it.
I'm already somewhat "minimalist", in that we don't have a lot of STUFF... I only keep what we need... Etc. DH is one of those "but we WILL use this!" "When?" "At some point!"

He wanted to keep a four slice toaster when only two slices worked. We never used all four slices when they did work, anyway, so I bought a new two slice toaster. He thought we needed a "back up". I was like, if this one breaks, we will buy a new one. No need to keep the old nasty broken one.

Quote:

at your DH - poor guy!
How exactly does the blood test for gender work?
It tests for the presence of y-chromosome in the mother's blood. If there is y-chromosome present, it's a boy, and if not, it's a girl!
The only time it doesn't work is if you've had a miscarriage in the past year or if you've ever had a bone marrow transplant (because if it was from a male donor, your body would be producing y-chromosome blood all the time, anyway). It's supposed to be more accurate than an ultrasound! And it's much safer, too - just a finger prick.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #137
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

AFM: DD's party went well, the girls had fun. The snowstorm finally hit late last night (had been called to start yesterday afternoon), it was pretty bad this morning, but the girls all got picked up. Wouldn't have been a big deal if they hadn't, though.
Our kids all had an earlier-than-usual bedtime tonight, though - they were all overtired and worn out from yesterday!
Snowstorm... Ugh.. I'm so jealous!! :P
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #138
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

'nother week, mamas! new thread!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote