Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #51
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Thanks!

I kwym! Especially with Christmas coming now, the next couple months is going to fly by.
Well... providing we get a good u/s and I assume it will be scheduled sometime in the last week of Nov/first week of Dec. Somewhere in there.
Yep, the holidays will make this next couple of months fly by... at least I hope so, because the week before Christmas I'll be 12 weeks and just getting out of the first trimester will make me feel worlds better!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Would like to join you ladies...again. Last time I joined I had a feeling I was going to mc again & I did. I've had 3 MCs in the last 10 months...2 CPs & 1 @ 8w5d. So far this one seems to be going ok. Tests have gotten darker & my breast tenderness is insane, but of course those signs are no guarantee as my 8w loss started out that way too. So I have a long way to go before I'm secure with this pregnancy, but I'm super excited to be here for now.
Deanna is back!! And we're in the same DDC so that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Welcome back, Deanna!

Speaking of which... I don't want to "leave" the group once this baby's born, but I want to be sensitive to those of you still pregnant and restrict all my "oh, baby's doing this and that" posts and instead cheer the rest of you on. (Unless someone specifically asks about the baby, lol.)
I don't want you to leave.. in fact, seeing rainbow baby graduates would be sooo encouraging to those of us still here waiting for our babies!!

Advertisement

Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #52
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Welcome, and congrats on your new little bean!

I, too, had 3 losses (4wk3d, 5wk4d, 4wk) in 8 months, before getting pregnant with a sticky Levi. I had 2 more miscarriages (4wk6d, 5wk1d) before getting pregnant with Elli - irrationally, I felt the whole time that she wouldn't make it because I had to have 3 losses before another baby... and she was that third. This one... well, we'll see. But we're still here today!
I don't know if that helps to hear or not. I am sorry if it doesn't. For me, it helps to hear that I'm not alone, not the only one saying goodbye to my sweet ones.

Thanks I like it, DH does too.
Do you remember Meredith from our JuneBugs? When she heard, she said it reminded her of "How to Train Your Dragon" (which it did me, too, but we love that movie so it's not a bad thing!) and now Hiccup needs to have a dragon stuffie

Hey, OT question - does your mom only make the one size piddle poddles (aios, I mean, not fitteds), or does she still make them in the NB size? I only had 2 of them with Levi, but we loved them. I get emails from her about sales and deals and whatnot, but don't see any itty diapers when I look at the site.
I'm not anywhere near ready to buy anything yet... can't plan that far ahead... and really I don't need any more diapers but those ones were a fav of ours and SO CUTE! I might talk myself into "needing" a few more

Yup, I did.
At the point you're at, it is normal to have some lessening in the severity of m/s - the placenta forms by 8 weeks and starts doing its thing then. It doesn't fully take over until 12-13 weeks, which is why m/s usually lasts until then, but it's normal to have days when you feel a little less crappy. Just don't be surprised to feel worse than ever tomorrow or the next day!
Starting around 9-10 weeks this time I had a day here and there where I didn't feel as bad... but then it would come back with a vengeance!

I know it's hard not to freak out. And, strange (and mean!) as it sounds, for a worse-than-ever day for you tomorrow! Then the next "good" day you have, you can actually enjoy instead of worrying through!

I don't want you to leave either! I feel bad that the other rainbow mamas have "left"
Personally, being able to see these rainbows, even to hear about them (not the every.little.thing chat, but the big things, kwim?) and see pics - that's encouraging! I can understand, too, how it may not be for some mamas, but I think for the most part it would be appreciated.

AFM: This morning I poked at Hiccup (yes, I keep trying to wake him up in the morning with me!), got nothing for a while, then got quite a few kicks/thumps/tickles within a short time (maybe 6-8 movements in less than 10 minutes) - that's good, right?
I just googled "how much movement is normal at 18 weeks". Of course the whole "kick count" thing comes up. That's looking for 10 movements in less than 2hrs, and isn't until 26ish weeks. So I'm thinking this morning was pretty darn good.

I feel like I'm not feeling Hiccup as much as the others (other than Elli). But I think I'm having a harder time remembering exactly how often/how much I felt them at this point because of how little I felt from Elli... make sense? I can remember them at, like, 30 weeks - rolling and stretching and kicking, shoving my belly around like they owned the place, lol - but I remember that and then freak that I'm not feeling that with Hiccup yet.
And I know there's a range of "normal" amount of movement with kids too - my babies were all different inside, I know this! I just have to actually remember it - that's the hard part!
I think that's VERY good!!!! You have to remember, that yes, you are not that far along yet as you are remembering the 30 week movements so it's totally normal to not feel quite so much movement yet... You are doing great, Elena! That baby sounds like he's responding well to your pokes and prods.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
Old 11-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #53
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I changed my ticker to reflect what baby was measuring at my ultrasound last week... holy moly, I hit 7 weeks already today! I know that's not much, but to me, it's going by fast already! Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #54
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
I think that's VERY good!!!! You have to remember, that yes, you are not that far along yet as you are remembering the 30 week movements so it's totally normal to not feel quite so much movement yet... You are doing great, Elena! That baby sounds like he's responding well to your pokes and prods.
I think that is the problem - I'm remembering the others later on, not at this point. I can remember waking up and them dancing around in there, kicking and rolling... but I can't remember exact times, and I'm pretty sure I'm remembering later on.
Also, I know a couple weeks can make a huge difference in baby's size and movement/strength.

For now, I'm definitely happy with getting some response to bugging the heck outta the poor baby
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #55
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
I changed my ticker to reflect what baby was measuring at my ultrasound last week... holy moly, I hit 7 weeks already today! I know that's not much, but to me, it's going by fast already! Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!
It's exciting (and scary, imo!!) to move that ticker along!
I can remember moving it before 10 weeks... and now I'm getting really darn near 20 weeks - scary and amazing!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #56
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Elena I think you have to also remind yourself that even NOT feeling movement would be considered normal. Even multiple Moms sometimes don't feel baby until 20w. So I'd say baby is doing GREAT and is fine!

Carly-yay for 7w!

Welcome to our newbies! Thinking sticky thoughts for you!

AFM-LOL I should take some of my advice to Elena for myself. Have to remind myself that me feeling ANY movement is amazing at this point but I tend to freak when I realize I haven't felt baby today. Thankfully I am able to check on him/her with the doppler but I try not to do it often because s/he hates the doppler just like my other 2 did. (I got a VERY distinct kick on the doppler the other day :P ) Other than that still hanging in there with the hyperemesis. I'm puking less so that's obviously good but the nausea is still as debilitating as ever. Oh well-ALLLLL worth it!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #57
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Elena I think you have to also remind yourself that even NOT feeling movement would be considered normal. Even multiple Moms sometimes don't feel baby until 20w. So I'd say baby is doing GREAT and is fine!

AFM-LOL I should take some of my advice to Elena for myself. Have to remind myself that me feeling ANY movement is amazing at this point but I tend to freak when I realize I haven't felt baby today. Thankfully I am able to check on him/her with the doppler but I try not to do it often because s/he hates the doppler just like my other 2 did. (I got a VERY distinct kick on the doppler the other day :P ) Other than that still hanging in there with the hyperemesis. I'm puking less so that's obviously good but the nausea is still as debilitating as ever. Oh well-ALLLLL worth it!
You are very right on that one! Even IRL, my friend didn't feel anything at all from her 4th baby until after 20 weeks - and she'd felt the other 3 before then. I know it can happen... but I worry all the same.

And I know how hard it is to take your advice yourself, lol! I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better and puking less - does this usually last the whole time for you, or stop after the first tri?
Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #58
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Elena, you "named" your baby "Hiccup." I love it.

Quote:
I just googled "how much movement is normal at 18 weeks". Of course the whole "kick count" thing comes up. That's looking for 10 movements in less than 2hrs, and isn't until 26ish weeks. So I'm thinking this morning was pretty darn good.
Yeah, I see that same "requirement" for kicks, and I keep thinking that my babies are overachievers, lol.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #59
itsajoi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies...I am REALLY early to join you since I got my first real positive today, but I think I'm just really wanting to feel connected to someone who understands how I feel. Because frankly, I'm not sure how I feel. I feel like surely this must be going to be ok since there was no "reason" for our last loss, but then...I'm completely afraid to be hopeful too. I want to buy a sonogram machine and just look in there. Not like I could see anything. I just want to know if it's going to be ok or not NOW before I get all emotional and hopeful. Sorry...word throw up there. I'm only 12 dpo, so I really should just be quietly and patiently waiting to see how the next several days go, but I can't. I feel like we've been waiting too long for this not to be important.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #60
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Just a quick check in. I survived the big sleepover birthday party last night but today I feel overtired and blah. Working tomorrow so hopefully Tuesday I can catch up on personals.

Welcome to the newbies!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

Last edited by TS8213; 11-11-2012 at 03:40 PM.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote