Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Long torso'd women: breastfeeding pillows

I am no longer nursing but am doing a Peek Away giveaway right now and I can VERY comfortably put my baby on the pillow and I'm long torsoed. The link is in the siggy, it's a FANTASTIC product. I'm sad I'm done having kids lol.

Mom to R (2008) L (2009) J (2010) and F (2012)
My Mommy Blog Nursing Giveaway Going On NOW!
Find Me On Facebook and Twitter
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #12
Registered Users
I am long torsoed. I have a boppy which is not good because I have to use a couch pillow underneath of it, I have the breast friends and it is okay, and I also have the JJ Cole breast-feeding pillow. I like the JJ Cole breast-feeding pillow the best.
The breast friend pillow is too hard and doesn't seem comfortable for baby.
The JJ cool pillow is taller and it is still firm but seems more comfortable. It is also easy to take with you some place because it is smaller.

It won't let me post a pic. If you would like a pic comparing the boppy, breast friend and jj cole pillows email me at
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

thanks all!

but not having something when I go out is something I hope can happen. but, since we had so many problems last baby, I want to be able to relax with this baby. And I have friends who take their boppy to work picnics (no couches or cushions), restaurants, etc.

while I would hope I could get to a point quickly where I wouldn't need that much help, I want to give me and this baby the best possible chance of comfortable and successful breastfeeding.

thank you!
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #14
Registered Users

I think this is great. I never thought about my long torso being the problem with my boppy, but that's totally it! I always just had a little nest of an elaborate system of pillows. Luckily, I brought my boppy to the hospital, so the lactation consultant was able to help me find a pillow configuration that worked from the get-go.
Besty is offline   Reply With Quote