Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I never said no, but i was so excited to be pregnant that I was happy to be asked. We also had a sort of local situation with a pregnant woman and Craigslist (i will spare you the details), but I always lied about being in the last trimester. So everyone always thought I was super huge for 6 months... And yes, I worry too much!

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #12
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Oh yes. But then again I had smart a** comments for all those rude questions. I tended to get really touchy when I was pregnant. I look young too plus my three are pretty close together so I got a lot of rude comments. Doesn't help that Tampa area has really rude people to begin with.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #13
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did anyone ever have a stranger ask how far along you were...and

No, I don't do this. However, one of the best things about long gestation times is when people ask "When are you due?" and I answer "Yesterday," or "Two weeks ago!". They get the widest eyes and this whole "You aren't going to drop that baby out right this very second, are you?!!!" fearful look on their faces. Usually the followup question is "They LET you go that long?!! Gasp!"

Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #14
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am also in the camp of not telling my real due date most times when people ask. I worry too much about baby snatchers
Old 11-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #15
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been tempted to answer "No, I'm not pregnant.", but, like a previous poster said, I'm just so excited to finally be pregnant that I enjoy it.

Though a couple of weeks ago DH and I went out for breakfast at a new place. The waitress (who I've never seen before in my life) came over with this shocked look on her face like "Oh my god, why didn't you tell me you were pregnant!". She then grilled me on every detail of my pregnancy and mothering plans. Usually I love the attention, but she was just so over-the-top that I just wanted to be left alone!

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggle View Post
Though a couple of weeks ago DH and I went out for breakfast at a new place. The waitress (who I've never seen before in my life) came over with this shocked look on her face like "Oh my god, why didn't you tell me you were pregnant!". She then grilled me on every detail of my pregnancy and mothering plans.
That's... strange. I normally don't care who asks about EDD or whatnot, but that would really ick me out.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I had a few people I knew ask in like the first month of the 3rd preg here & I didn't know til later I was when they asked.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't do that because I wouldn't want to make someone embarrassed. I have teased a few people when they've asked if I am expecting. I always say, "yep. Either that or I am a watermelon thief!"

I did once have a guy ask me if I was pregnant when I wasn't. I was wearing a loose shirt but I've always had a flat stomach (big booty though.). So it was just plain stupid on his part. I just gave him a dirty look and said, "no."
Old 11-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #19
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, I had someone ask when I wasn't pregnant and I was in very good shape. I was at work and wearing scrubs. Maybe the scrubs made me look preggo, but by that standard, every nurse on my floor woulda looked pregnant. It was pretty ridiculous!

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote