Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
hikergal73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just did a small play date for DD's 3rd birthday on a Monday. We were having out of town family staying over the weekend of her birthday and I wasn't up to doing a big party. It was over a month ago and she still is talking about her birthday play date. As long as she was happy, that's all that mattered to me.

Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Re: Birthday party on a weekday?

During in the day I would be game for a birthday party, but not during the evening. School nights are just not good for us as far as activities.

Last edited by Icryinbaseball; 11-09-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I don't know a single person we would invite who doesn't work for a living, so the weekday idea is out. I guess we'll have to find a way to cram a small get together in the tiny space before bedtime! I'm glad he is too young and it won't matter to him one way or another.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #14
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

We both work and have attended Chuck E. Cheese parties for older kids mid-week. I don't see an issue with it at all.

ETA: my belief is if people want to be there, they will arrange their schedules to be there.
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:11 AM   #15
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

When I stayed at home, we probably could have made it work. But, it would depend on where it was and how comfortable I was with you or the location and whether you invited siblings. My DH works out of the house and did so even when I stayed at home. So, if I had other little kids and they weren't invited, then at 3 years old I'm not sure if I would have dropped off my kids. We have done and attended weekday evening parties at places like build a bear. We would start the party around 6 and be done before 8. It limited the number of children who came, but did allow some kids to make it even with working parents.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #16
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeBabyBoy
We both work and have attended Chuck E. Cheese parties for older kids mid-week. I don't see an issue with it at all.

ETA: my belief is if people want to be there, they will arrange their schedules to be there.
I'd love to go to the post office during the day or go grocery shopping on a day other than Saturday but I can't because I work during the week. It has nothing to do with want but more with providing for my family. So no, people that want to come may not necessarily rearrange their schedules.

That being said, I wouldn't be offended, hurt, or saddened if I was invited to a daytime/weekday birthday party. It is what it is...if you were a close friend, we would use it as an excuse to get together another time. :-)

Last edited by MarieSeeking; 11-10-2012 at 04:55 AM.
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #17
kathryn4433
Registered Users
seller

We probably wouldnt be able to go but I work...I think it depends on your friends and their schedule
kathryn4433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #18
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeBabyBoy

I'm a teacher. I can't rearrange my schedule to be there. We get 5 days off a school year, which includes parent-teacher conferences, IEP conferences, doctors appointments, you name it. Any more than 5 gone and we get "ineffective teacher" on the new evaluation system. Not everyone's work is flexible.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #19
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just had afternoon cake and tea for my 1yo. That said, the only people invited were cousins. Since we made it at 3pm older cousins were able to come as well after school. DH was able to take the day off, so it all worked out perfectly. Only one friend outside of the family came and she took the afternoon off work and picked up her kids from childcare. She has a flexible job though. I much preferred it! We just did afternoon snacks for the kids, and we had the cake andcandles and opened gifts. All done in about an hour and a half.