Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #41
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Worst Parenting Fears

That they won't be able to get jobs or take care of themselves in the future. That Tharen will turn into me when he hits his teens but he won't make it out the other side.

ShannonInk'd, Atheist, Liberal, Part Time Large Equipment Mechanic, HS-ing, Mum to ASD Ninja Kearnan (8-4-01) & Derby Boy Tharen (12-1-05)
Always remembering Arawyn Born Silently (12-21-03)
Crocheted longies/shorties, toys and more see samples Arawyn's Garden Crochet
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #42
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Worst Parenting Fears

1. That I will be a horrible mother and my girls will have as many issues as I did/do with my upbrining.

2. That the good times with my girls are outweighed by the bad.

3. That they will be physically/sexually/emotionally abused. I've been there, it's not an easy road.

4. That they will go through all of the sordid "affairs" that I did to find DH.

5. That we will be in a horrible car accident and I won't be able to save them. Last night I dreamt of falling into the canal from a very high bridge after getting cut-off by another vehicle. I keep trying to figure out what the best scenario is if that happened. Do you sit in your car and wait for help? Do you try and get the kids out and swim for shore? What if you can't get them out of their seats? What if you can't swim and help both of them in cold water?

6. That my husband and/or I tragically pass away and they are bounced around/fought over by family. Or that nobody will want them except my terribly unhealthy parents that weren't the best parents for their own children and always put their own interests first.

** I've read/heard that the first step to being a good Mom is to second-guess your decisions, worry about being a bad mother, worry about their futures and your short-comings. I think not wondering if you're a great Mom and assuming you're going to be awesome at it from day one is the worst thing you can do for yourself. Our kids don't care about anything other than our love, well-being and happiness. Everything else is just extra.
**Amanda** EBF'ing, CDing, Co-Sleeping, Semi-Crunchy WOHM
Mommy to DD Charlotte (Sept 2, 2009)
DD Caroline (Aug 19, 2012)

Last edited by amandajiggles; 11-12-2012 at 02:46 PM.
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote