Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #31
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses
I'm so glad this thread is back.

Congrats on the BFPs!

I've had a rough couple of weeks. After a BFP in mid october, (which I wasn't expecting since I thought I had AF in early Oct), I found out on halloween that I lost that baby too. None of the OBs could figure it out really, best guess is that either it was ectopic and my body resorbed it, OR it was a late implantation that somehow briefly survived all of that bleeding. Either way, losing another baby in the space of 4 months has been really difficult. Not to mention that I had promised my BFF that I'd spend last weekend with her in CA. This would have been great, except for that she's due with her 2nd tomorrow, and I basically came out there to hang out because her husband was out of town and she didn't want to be alone if she went into labor. SHE is fabulous and has been awesome throughout the past few months, but it was so hard for me to be there, knowing that I would have been 22 weeks (with the 1st baby I lost), and having just come off of my 2nd miscarriage.

Sorry to be the depressing one, but that's just where I am right now.

We might try right away, or we might wait until next month. I don't know. My OB wants to put me on progesterone next time, but I don't really know how I feel about that. Anyone want to weigh in with their experience with it?
Well, after m/c #1 @ 5w exactly, dr decided to have me start it when I got my BFP, so I did & I m/c @ 8w5d. So the next course of action was to start a couple days after O, did that for a couple cycles & I still had a CP (AF was only a few days late & that was only because I was taking the progesterone). I did one more round before we decided to TTA & I was a total mess. I am NOT taking it with this pregnancy. I don't think I have a progesterone problem as I have never tested low for it & it made me crazy. Worst emotional roller coaster EVER!!! My natural hormones make me crazy enough, so I don't need additional medication. I'm not saying you don't have low progesterone, but just because we've had a couple m/cs doesn't mean we do. Most m/cs are due to chromosomal abnormalities, which in all likelyhood, was the cause of your 1st one. If this last one was truly ectopic like you think, then that's not a progesterone issue either, it just didn't implant in the right spot. I'm not saying these things to convince you not to take it, just to make you stop and think of all the possibilities so you can decide for yourself what is best for you. HTH

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 11-11-2012 at 11:49 PM.
leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #32
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Re: TTC 30+ Nov. 8-Nov. 18

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/craigwick/charts/9.aspx

Ladies, if this link works can you take a peek at my wacky chart?? I have had 5 days of spotting (the first day seemed like AF was starting, but didn't amount to much) Now, TCOYF has decided to stick the darn duck on my chart and call me pregnant...what about my chart is saying that? Ugh, why do I have to live in such a small town where I can't just go by a stick to pee on without everyone knowing in 5 minutes...plus it is a holiday anyways so the store isn't open even if I wanted to. I've felt weird and nauseous since last week, but chalked it up to being sick. I'm turned off by coffee(!!) too.

Quote:
So would I technically be TTC #4 since I have DS and just had a blighted ovum and ectopic??? What do you mamas think???
Hmmm, I guess it depends how you want to look at it, I've never thought of it that way...I've had two chemicals so in that way we are on #5 (but I don't know that I would really consider myself to have conceived those pregnancies if that makes sense at all, just my way of thinking!) Since no one but DH, me and my sister know I am TTC I haven't really pondered it much.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #33
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am an aunt again! My sister in law had her baby yesterday. I am super excited to have a little one to snuggle with again. She had a great birth experience. I was super nervous for her because she had a typical hospital birth with one intervention after another. Well this time she went to the new birth center and midwife and had Barrett in 4 hours! Yay. He is so tiny. We got to see them at home last night.

12 dpo and I am feeling out this month. I wasn't going to test until 14dpo. HAHA that just made me test like a crazy girl. So this morning I am out of strips and won't get more unless AF shows up. I just can't take the defeat anymore. I really thought this was going to be the month. After my body gearing up to ovulate 3 times this month, I thought I was going to not ovulate. Then I had a pinup photoshoot and was stoked. I couldn't wait for DH to come home that night. I think I ovulated that day too. We used the preseed for the first time, the Instead Cup and I was HOT as a pinup girl. Surely that was premium baby making. I am so bummed and I am not even out for the month yet. Oh well. I seriously need to go to the NTNP route so I don't get my hopes up each month. I really thought all of this charting business was going to help me out. Instead it is making me crazy!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #34
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Well, after m/c #1 @ 5w exactly, dr decided to have me start it when I got my BFP, so I did & I m/c @ 8w5d. So the next course of action was to start a couple days after O, did that for a couple cycles & I still had a CP (AF was only a few days late & that was only because I was taking the progesterone). I did one more round before we decided to TTA & I was a total mess. I am NOT taking it with this pregnancy. I don't think I have a progesterone problem as I have never tested low for it & it made me crazy. Worst emotional roller coaster EVER!!! My natural hormones make me crazy enough, so I don't need additional medication. I'm not saying you don't have low progesterone, but just because we've had a couple m/cs doesn't mean we do. Most m/cs are due to chromosomal abnormalities, which in all likelyhood, was the cause of your 1st one. If this last one was truly ectopic like you think, then that's not a progesterone issue either, it just didn't implant in the right spot. I'm not saying these things to convince you not to take it, just to make you stop and think of all the possibilities so you can decide for yourself what is best for you. HTH

Thanks Deanna. I sort of feel like its overkill. I've never even been tested for progesterone levels. I really just want a relaxed pregnancy. I mean, I've had two normal pregnancies. My youngest is only 2. It seems so bizarre to think I've got some chronic issue when I had no problems before.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #35
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
Af arrived Wednesday, I am on CD5. If we conceived this month it would be our 4th August baby.

I like desserts and bread, it shows

Too much going this week, a dd turned 8 last Friday, another turns 17 tomorrow and I will turn 39 on the 18th. We have a sick milk cow. Dh has an interview Tuesday and we got an offer on our house in NM. Busy, busy!
You are a busy mama!! Hope the Offer comes out the way you want it too and Happy Birthday to you all!! Good Luck to your Hubby for his Interview TUesday!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #36
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwick
http://www.tcoyf.com/members/craigwick/charts/9.aspx

Ladies, if this link works can you take a peek at my wacky chart?? I have had 5 days of spotting (the first day seemed like AF was starting, but didn't amount to much) Now, TCOYF has decided to stick the darn duck on my chart and call me pregnant...what about my chart is saying that? Ugh, why do I have to live in such a small town where I can't just go by a stick to pee on without everyone knowing in 5 minutes...plus it is a holiday anyways so the store isn't open even if I wanted to. I've felt weird and nauseous since last week, but chalked it up to being sick. I'm turned off by coffee(!!) too.

Hmmm, I guess it depends how you want to look at it, I've never thought of it that way...I've had two chemicals so in that way we are on #5 (but I don't know that I would really consider myself to have conceived those pregnancies if that makes sense at all, just my way of thinking!) Since no one but DH, me and my sister know I am TTC I haven't really pondered it much.
It says I don't have permission to look at it.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #37
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

whoops, forgot to change the permissions...should work now I think!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #38
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
whoops, forgot to change the permissions...should work now I think!
Uhhh I definitely think someone more experienced than me is going to have to decipher that one.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #39
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Uhhh I definitely think someone more experienced than me is going to have to decipher that one.

Oh dear...I will be travelling for an appt tomorrow, I am so going to take some fmu in a container and buy a frer when I get there! DD2 is going to think I'm wacky..."mom, why are you dipping that stick in apple juice?"
Old 11-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #40
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Oh dear...I will be travelling for an appt tomorrow, I am so going to take some fmu in a container and buy a frer when I get there! DD2 is going to think I'm wacky..."mom, why are you dipping that stick in apple juice?"