Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #71
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible
We are doing our one time OB consult today to make sure we are cleared for home birth, everyone cross your fingers that it goes well!
Good luck!

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #72
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Oct 29 to Nov 11

So we started DS with toilet traing yesterday and oh my gosh I am already wanting to tear my hair out.

We are doing naked bottom, waiting for him to go or showe signs of going and then run him to the potty. Day one %100 misses. Day 2 %100 misses but the thing is he does not even try to go to the potty or bathroon, he doesn't say any thing he just stands there looking down as he pee's all over the floor. If you take him to the toliet he will sit and try and only pushes out gas even if her has a full bladder of pee-it's like he doesn't even know what to do.

What do you think; is he just not ready? He doesn't even try and it seems as though he could care less...this is a total mess!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #73
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can you get him to hang out on the potty for awhile, so that when he "accidently" goes, it ends up right where it should? Then you can get all excited and give him his sticker/m&m. Maybe that will help the whole idea click. I've read stories while the kids sit on the pot, or even put the tv on and let them veg a bit. Anything to keep them sitting!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #74
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby
So we started DS with toilet traing yesterday and oh my gosh I am already wanting to tear my hair out.

We are doing naked bottom, waiting for him to go or showe signs of going and then run him to the potty. Day one %100 misses. Day 2 %100 misses but the thing is he does not even try to go to the potty or bathroon, he doesn't say any thing he just stands there looking down as he pee's all over the floor. If you take him to the toliet he will sit and try and only pushes out gas even if her has a full bladder of pee-it's like he doesn't even know what to do.

What do you think; is he just not ready? He doesn't even try and it seems as though he could care less...this is a total mess!
I think it seems like he's not ready...but i'm also a big believer in waiting until your kids are very ready, it just seems so much less stressful that way! That being said, if you're fine with staying on top if him and cleaning up puddles, you might as will stick with it and see if something clicks!

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #75
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby View Post
It sounds a lot like my DS. He's just not there, but we're doing things to introduce the idea of the potty - rewarding for asking to sit on it, telling us that he's poopy, etc. I had him in training pants (the underwear-type, not CD trainers) the other day and it seemed effective in cuing him that something wasn't right when he peed in them. He never asked to go to the potty before wetting himself, but at least he was aware that he was wet & didn't like it. So we would take off the wet pants, sit on the potty & talk, and then put new pants on. I'm going to try more of that in the future. We're about to head out of town for a week and I didn't want to progress it only to have him back in diapers 100% of the time.

On another note -- the CD trainers don't seem to be doing much to assist in the potty training arena. He doesn't seem to treat them any differently that his regular CDs.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #76
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think he may not be ready but I like the idea of having him sit on the potty while watching a movie. Here is how I potty trained 3 kids (I raised my siblings). I get a kitchen timer and set it for 30 minutes, when it dings we all go to the potty. Usually the first day I demonstrate first then have the child go. I keep a jar of gummy bears (all fruit based, no sugar) next to the sink. If they make pee pee or boom boom in the potty they get a bear after they wash their hands. Honestly, it gets to the point where the timer goes off and they get excited! I do this for a full day, diapers on for naps and nite nite. So you need to be home for a day. Then I have the child help me say good bye to the diapers and I let him pick a couple favorites to keep for night time. I replace the diapers with "big boy" unders of the child's choosing. Then when you go out in public you potty before you leave, as soon as you get somewhere and before you leave anywhere. Bring a bag of gummy bears with you. If an accident happens then go back to the car and change clothes. I used to bring at least two pairs of unders and bottoms in those first few weeks.
Boys are much harder then girls. My girls took about 2 days to get the hang of it at home and about a week out in public. The one boy I trained took almost a month for public but was mostly trained at home in a week. Take a deep breath and try to relax, no one wants a potty complex!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #77
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh I forgot my doc appt. update! We did our one time OB consult yesterday. What a pain in the ***! She kept us waiting for an hour and 15 min. then she came in and mostly read us articles off her computer. She wanted to order a level 2 ultrasound "just in case" because she said that there could be something wrong with the baby and we would need to birth at a NICU hossy instead of at home or the baby could die. (this is after we have already done a level 1 ultrasound and everything was fine) So we declined and went home. Luckily our midwife went to the appt. with us and fully supported our chioice. She is worth her weight in gold! Just reaffirmed my choice to go with a midwife and a homebirth, modern medicine has some issues!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #78
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Blech about the OB, Anya! I just don't get how some docs can be so ridiculous. It seems like they go overboard with the more "natural" moms, as if scaring them will somehow make them change their minds. So dumb!

I've been going to the same OB practice since getting pregnant with my first. Some are more crunchy than others, but every one has respected my wishes. I got all sorts of positive vibes from everyone when I declared my intent to VBAC, and everyone (hossy staff included) was legitimately PSYCHED when I did it!

I totally get the desire to have MW, but thank goodness that some docs are reasonable. I'd lose my mind if I had a doc like the one you saw, Anya! I was frustrated about my first birth ending as a section (posterior baby wasn't budging after 2 hrs of pushing), but stuck with my OBs since they could actually do VBACs at an awesome hospital. The midwives/birth center in my area are 45 min away, and the hospital that I'd have to transfer to if things got difficult would automatically section me for legal reasons. Not cool...so, I guess we could start complaining about how obnoxious hospitals and rules are, too! If I didn't live so far away from hospitals, I'd totally consider homebirth.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #79
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Oh I forgot my doc appt. update! We did our one time OB consult yesterday. What a pain in the ***! She kept us waiting for an hour and 15 min. then she came in and mostly read us articles off her computer. She wanted to order a level 2 ultrasound "just in case" because she said that there could be something wrong with the baby and we would need to birth at a NICU hossy instead of at home or the baby could die. (this is after we have already done a level 1 ultrasound and everything was fine) So we declined and went home. Luckily our midwife went to the appt. with us and fully supported our chioice. She is worth her weight in gold! Just reaffirmed my choice to go with a midwife and a homebirth, modern medicine has some issues!
That is ridiculous and very frustrating. I'm so glad you had you midwife there to support you! Really looking forward to hearing all about your birth as I know you are really looking forward to it.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #80
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks ladies, it DID feel silly and unnecessary but OH MAN do those docs know how to scare the pants off a preggo mama!