Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #11
My Mood:
Re: Periods after C-sections...

Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Interesting... another bummer about c-sections, I guess. Do you know if women with endo. pass a lot of clots during their period? Sorry if that is TMI. I'm also so sorry to hear about your infertility. I heard that can happen and can't imagine having to go through that. For lack of a better term, that really sucks. I choose not to take hormonal bc so that is not an option for me.
I do, but I don't know if that's typical of endo sufferers. It's certainly not that common for sections to cause it, as I know several other mommies around here who have had sections and I'm the only one I know who ended up with endo out of it.

For us the infertility struggle is over at least, which is a major blessing, unless we by some slim chance decide to have another child. For a variety of reasons that's not looking likely though. Only one of those is the fact that we might have to go through the heartache of years of struggle to conceive again. Once this one is delivered and PPAF returns I'll have to go back to my GYN and see what we can figure out as far as treatment for it. I'm really not sure what else is offered as we were actively TTC by the time the endo was discovered, and I had fist sized ovarian cysts because of it, so they just chose to operate and remove the cysts.

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
Registered Users

My period didn't change. I didn't know that Endo was a possible complication.
Maplecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #13
Registered Users

Because of my PCOS, I have always had heavy periods, but my cycles were usually at least 40 days long. I don't know if it had anything to do with my c-sections, but after my second, my cycles went nuts. I was bleeding a ton and passing huge clots. The pain was literally equal to the pain I felt when I m/c naturally at 12 weeks. I would have to stop everything and double over to get through it. Then there were a few months I bled for 3 out of the 4 weeks. We tried to control things with BCPs, but when I doubled over in pain while driving on the highway at 70 mph with my kids in the car, I realized I had to do something else about it b/c it was getting dangerous. I ended up having an endometrial cryoablation about 2 years after DD was born. I can no longer have kids, which sucks - a lot, but my periods are much more manageable. They are down to about 3-5 days long and there are no more clotting issues.
After struggling with PCOS, IF, and multiple miscarriages, my family is complete.
DS 2005 and DD 2007
jac1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

After my first section, my periods actually got BETTER...Then I got pregnant 15 months later, had my second c/s, and my periods have been TERRIBLE since! I am now 15 months pp and they still havent gotten much better! My cycles went from 28-30 days to 25-26 days max....with heavy, clotty bleeding and then spotting for days after the initial flow slows down....I am going to an endo on the 29th of Oct. to see if its a hormonal issue (along with other issues I am having!)
Amy....Mama to Asa Luke (6/2009) and Jesse Benjamin (5/2011)

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

My cycles are actually lighter now after c-sections/pregnancy. However, I do get more migraines after being pregnant.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #16
Registered Users

I've had two and am nervous about having my third in may. My periods never changed as far as flow but I have noticed more cramping since having my second.
Breastfeeding , Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy, to Dylan Michael (September 2007) Aiden Edward (March 2011) and anxiously waiting for Katherine Sophia due in MAY!
iwiamandaiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #17
Banned for multiple accounts~This member is also Wasabimommi who left ds with unresolved transactions
My Mood:

I started my period 4 days after my postpartum bleeding stopped with my last and two weeks after my pp bleeding with my first. Even though I was breast feeding. I was not happy but other than that they were normal periods.
gummybearmama is offline   Reply With Quote