Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

what to use for overnight for potty learning 2 year old?

My 2 1/2 year old DD is potty learning. She is doing fantastically, and hasn't had an accident during the day in almost a week, other than one poop. Today I took her out of pull ups and put her in undies, as it seemed silly to do otherwise. I still have some pull ups for overnight. She was a heavy wetter and night and cloth didn't cut it. But now she has been dry more nights than not, and when she has been wet it isn't the "holy cow how can someone pee that much" wet. Just normal wet. So...I don't want to buy anymore pull ups. Should I just put her in a bumgenius or MEOS overnight? I have 2 BG4.0 and one MEOS with snap in liner (stay dry), but I also use them on the baby overnight, so I'll be cutting it close if I do that. (I also have a Sandys small for the baby, with insert), so that leaves 4 diapers for 2 kids for night. Or, should I get the 2 year old something else, something more like undies? I'd only need 2 I think, maybe even just one. She always needed stay dry, but maybe it doesn't matter if it is just one diaper a day. I was looking at ME bedwetter pants, or their AIO which some say you can pull up and down. Or Ecoposh trainer pants, but not sure they will last overnight if she does pee.

Oh, and she is 50th percentile for height and weight, kind of slim, and weighs about 30lbs, maybe 29.

Advertisement

ktgrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what to use for overnight for potty learning 2 year old?

When my dd was potty training, I just put a large flat in a Flip cover on her, she was also dry more nights than not. She never really wet the diaper, but wet the bed a ffew times after we stopped with the diaper (or should I say she refused to wear a diaper anymore). It wasn't the end of the world though, and it didn't happen very often. Good luck, you are almost there.
My thought with the flat/flip was that if she did wet, she would probably either wake up, or at least it wouldn't be a huge puddle if it leaked.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: what to use for overnight for potty learning 2 year old?

We have a similar situation, and right now we're using Super Undies mediums. Not even the night time ones, those were overkill for us. Just the daytime pull-on (no snaps) it has a pocket that I currently stuff, but you could tweak how much / how little you need to stuff them. Hope you find a good solution. I think getting away from all diapers and pull up products helps the most. Kind of like they rise to the challenge.