Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Kids at u/s

I've had 5 ultrasounds so far (all at different offices too...) and DD has gone to every one. Never has anyone say anything about her being there. She has ranged in age from 15-18 months at them.

A, wife to S Mama to DD W born at home in the water on 3/23/11!
my heart warrior DS N born 1/11/13! And sweet DD A born at home 3/9/15!
<3 Did you know 1 in 100 babies are born with a heart defect? 1 of them is mine <3
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #12
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
My hospital doesn't allow anyone under 10 and only 2 guests so might be best to check with your drs office to make sure
going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Kids at u/s never would have occurred to me to ask about this! My DD went to every ultrasound with me (I had quite a few), she ranged from 19 mos - 26 mos, and lots of times it was just the two of us (she sat in her stroller). When I did have family that went along, we did ask if everyone could come in, and they let us bring 4 people in addition to myself. If they wouldn't allow children, I'd probably never have ultrasounds b/c DH works and couldn't take off for every one, we don't live near family, and we don't use sitters either. I don't really see why it matters, though, as long as the room isn't so crowded that it interferes with them being able to perform the ultrasound. Oh, well....
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

My 4-year-old DD went to a couple of ultrasounds with me (I've had 5). During the NT scan, the paperwork said that kids 4 and under needed another adult to supervise them--but I didn't know that until I lugged her along to the scan by myself. Nice to them to let me know ahead of time, right? Thankfully DD is pretty calm and behaved herself, so the tech let it go. For the ultrasounds that were done in my OB's office, they never said a word about her not being allowed in there. She was actually pretty fascinated with what she saw but eventually just wanted to entertain the tech and talk her ear off. The policy about kids must vary from office to office.
K & B since 10/2003
Added our sweet little C 4/2008 and our baby boy I 12/2012
coquelicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
Registered Users

Our hospital has a no children policy at u/s appointments. u/s's are viewed as a medical procedure of sorts and they don't want kids running around, etc.
They also limit how many people can come to the appointment, etc.

I'd check for sure to see what the policy is.
Rae- Mama to Audri born 10/10/11
Swagbucks earn me $$$
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
My Mood:

Check with the office. The one here in town does not allow children. The one I went to in a smaller town does. In the case of the smaller one you had to have another adult to be in charge of them. In both cases, the majority of the appointment you're in the room with just the ultrasound tech, and can't really see the screen, they're doing all the measurements etc that they need to. Only after that do they bring in your guest(s) and show them and you the baby.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:
Our three kids came to my 8 week u/s to see baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was devastating to my oldest child (6 year old) when we saw no heartbeat. So, ordinarily, I'd say kids are ok, but prepare yourself for what you'd do if something is wrong and your child is old enough to understand.
Wife to my hubby since 2004, SAHomeschoolMommy to DD1 9/2006, DS1 11/2008, DS2 1/2011, DD2 7/2013
omahamama731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
Registered Users
Kids are no allowed at my ultrasound places. But there are always a ton. I don't see then turn people away. It annoys me because they specifically say DO NOT bring children and people don't care.
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:
My 19 moth old say through my 45 min anatomy scan. She was soooo well behaved I left one proud momma! It was just me and her, dh was working .
Momma 30 to a who is Queen who is 7 , a king who is 5 a, princess who is 2 and a princess in training born 3-29-13
we are a cloth diapering, tandem breastfeeding, homeschooling, fully vaxing but with a delay family!
Buena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
Registered Users
My Mood:
At my doc office the kids are welcomed and as many ppl that will fit in the room is a-ok. However at the speacilist office I had to go to for the genetic screening, 20wk scan, and growth scan no one under 10 is allowed(and they made sure to tell me this before each appt) and you can only bring 2 other ppl. Just call and ask
House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote