Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #71
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
:

I kwym - it feels slow to me too. Possibly because all the bday stuff is done and now I'm just waiting on Christmas?
Part I'm sure is because I told myself I would get to the Dr after DD's birthday was over... and it is... and I'm having a tough time convincing myself to get to the office. See... in a way, it feels like that office was the beginning of the end with Elliana... and I don't want to go through that again. Just having a hard time facing that. I'm not sure that I can do it without DH too... and I'm not sure how/if that will work with his schedule.

Have fun with your hair! for gender! and have a good, fun, and safe trip!

AFM: DH went in this morning to take the car to insurance. they'll cover this fix. Otherwise we're really going to be down to no $$... and Christmas still coming
We've been wanting to get to the city for a night together (and some Christmas shopping) but haven't been able to get a weekend free to go. For the past couple weeks we'd been hoping/planning to go this weekend... but now we have to wait and see what's happening with the car. Oy.

Like I said above, I told myself I'd get to the Dr office after DD's birthday... which was last week... but am having a hard time actually making myself go. I plan to talk with DH tonight and see what he's thinking about it and if he'll be able to come with me - may need someone to hold my hand!
I'm definitely not going to do any "real" prenatal-y stuff until after an u/s, though. And even then I won't be doing a lot of it - no physical, no vag exams, no pap or std screening. Just my bp, weight, fundal height, and blood work. And Hiccup's hr. That's all that I'll go for.

For the most part I'm absolutely terrified to go for an appt and get things going (like the u/s referral). And actually going for the u/s is going to be so damn hard. A small part of me just wants to get it all over with, though, so we have a better idea what we're facing this time. I know things may well be just fine and there may be nothing wrong... which I think would change a lot of things for us as far as our attachment to and outlook with this pregnancy. But I've also been on the other side of things... and so recently... it's just terrifying.

I hope you get the strength to go. I totally understand!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #72
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Seriously. I hate that. Single rooms are a MUST for mat!

Do you have separate rooms/areas for labor/delivery and then mat?
It was that way where we had DD - in fact, they were on totally different floors - but here you labor and birth and stay all in the one room. Unless you have a c-sec, obviously.
Here you start out in a "assesment area" many curtained beds. If you are deemed to be in active labour you get moved to a labour and delivery room (assuming there's one avalible my friend delieved in the 9 month post Christmas rush and she actually had a decent wait to get one luckily her DD wasn't in a rush to arrive) you stay there until an hour or two after baby is born unless you need a c-section. Then off to the "semi-private" rooms in the mat ward. The Nursery is also only for medical needs babies or if a baby needs a procedure. So yeah two hormonal women and two brand new babies in one room... I'm sure that'll be very restful I'm going to be advocating to be out of there ASAP.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #73
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Apparently I need to turn up the heat *sigh* DH just asked for BabyLegs. Hehe
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #74
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative_catch View Post
Thanks for the reassurance. And also glad to know other experience the can't fit normal clothes but too small for maternity clothes phase!

Have you all picked or thinking of baby names? I seem to have no trouble coming up with girls names, but stumped on boys names!
oh golly yes, I gave up on maternity clothes and I'm back to rubberbanding my pants and wearing a bella band.

and as for names? I have a girl name, but no boy name yet. DH is really picky, he's not overly happy about the girl name, but has yet to pick anything I like - which won't happen because I am really attached to this name now. And boy names? We have gone through lists and lists and lists and neither or us like any of them.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #75
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH

Um... My husband makes quite a bit of money. We CHOSE to have that plan and it's not a hardship. From what I have seen with friends and family, paying $600-1200 or more for health insurance MONTHLY is MUCH more of a hardship than paying $80-150 a month and having all preventative care covered and being able to pay anything else with tax free dollars.

After we reach our deductible, certain things are covered 100% and everything else is covered 90/10 them/us until a certain dollar amount (around $100,000), then those items are also covered 100%. It's a much better deal, if you ask me.
Sorry didn't mean to imply anything about your family! I just have several friends who would be considered 'middle class' and have health plans with high out of pocket expenses and limited coverage. Not every employer gives you a lot of options. I just know several people stuck between a rock and a hard place by poor insurance coverage but not enough money to cover out of pocket expenses.

We are very fortunate in that we have amazing coverage with low out of pocket expenses for 4 people for not even $600 a month, and it won't go up for this baby. With my daughters special needs we use benefits on a biweekly basis, sometimes more
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #76
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post

I hope you get the strength to go. I totally understand!
Thank you for the hugs.
I'm going to talk to DH tonight and see if tomorrow will work. It'll be a tight squeeze, timing wise, but I think we can pull it off. I really do need him to come with me though. I just need the support for this one.
I'll need him for the u/s, too, and likely he'll have to take a day off work - but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
I think, providing things are all well with Hiccup, I'll be fine to go alone (well, with Levi in tow, but without DH) for the rest of my appts. It's just this one is a big step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
Here you start out in a "assesment area" many curtained beds. If you are deemed to be in active labour you get moved to a labour and delivery room (assuming there's one avalible my friend delieved in the 9 month post Christmas rush and she actually had a decent wait to get one luckily her DD wasn't in a rush to arrive) you stay there until an hour or two after baby is born unless you need a c-section. Then off to the "semi-private" rooms in the mat ward. The Nursery is also only for medical needs babies or if a baby needs a procedure. So yeah two hormonal women and two brand new babies in one room... I'm sure that'll be very restful I'm going to be advocating to be out of there ASAP.
We have an assessment area - but it's all private rooms as well, and it's right on the mat floor still. Everything is all on one floor/in one area - even the NICU is on the mat floor

I don't blame you! Providing you feel fine and baby is well, you should be able to leave 24 hours after birth without any trouble from the staff, I would think. That's the norm for discharge after a vag birth (without complications) anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Apparently I need to turn up the heat *sigh* DH just asked for BabyLegs. Hehe
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #77
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

I don't hate you for it - I love my big belly!
I do know the phase you're talking about, but it happens really early on for me and doesn't last very long. I can't imagine having to deal with it for weeks or months!

I kwym - it feels slow to me too. Possibly because all the bday stuff is done and now I'm just waiting on Christmas?
Part I'm sure is because I told myself I would get to the Dr after DD's birthday was over... and it is... and I'm having a tough time convincing myself to get to the office. See... in a way, it feels like that office was the beginning of the end with Elliana... and I don't want to go through that again. Just having a hard time facing that. I'm not sure that I can do it without DH too... and I'm not sure how/if that will work with his schedule.

Like I said above, I told myself I'd get to the Dr office after DD's birthday... which was last week... but am having a hard time actually making myself go. I plan to talk with DH tonight and see what he's thinking about it and if he'll be able to come with me - may need someone to hold my hand!
I'm definitely not going to do any "real" prenatal-y stuff until after an u/s, though. And even then I won't be doing a lot of it - no physical, no vag exams, no pap or std screening. Just my bp, weight, fundal height, and blood work. And Hiccup's hr. That's all that I'll go for.

For the most part I'm absolutely terrified to go for an appt and get things going (like the u/s referral). And actually going for the u/s is going to be so damn hard. A small part of me just wants to get it all over with, though, so we have a better idea what we're facing this time. I know things may well be just fine and there may be nothing wrong... which I think would change a lot of things for us as far as our attachment to and outlook with this pregnancy. But I've also been on the other side of things... and so recently... it's just terrifying.

I am with you on the big belly! I love it! Mine isnt huge by any means, but I am about as big now (18 weeks) as I was with Joey at 24 weeks. Its been fun to look pregnant this go round.

Hugs about the doc visit. If you didnt get the ultrasound done would the anxiety pass? Could you just do normal doc visits from here on out. Or would the ultrasound help after its over?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #78
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Our insurance is a little different than most, since it is a HDHP and we contribute to an HSA, but although all "preventive" care is covered 100%, such as teeth cleanings, physicals, annual exams, well baby visits, mammograms/colonoscopies/etc when applicable, NO prenatal/maternal care is covered until we reach our (in-network) annual deductible of $3100. (Out of network is $5200.)

It sucks! Nothing is comfortable at this point.
Your HDHP plan is so much better than mine! We pay $700/month for our premium, still have to hit $3100/person, $6200/family, and that doesn't include teeth cleaning (although it's all the other stuff)! My DH also makes quite a bit, so it works, but it's still a huge amount. We have no other options
I know what you mean about nothing fitting, although I think today I am looking bigger. Yay for a belly! I like actually looking pregnant when I am pregnant. Although it could all disappear the day after baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
Wow, I'd want out of there fast, too! That's crazy!

Elena, I hope you make it to the Dr. soon and have your ultrasound soon with wonderful, positive results
Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #79
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I cannot imagine having to be in a semi private room. I know that many have to deal with it but it sounds awful. I barely get any sleep at all in the hospital between ONE baby and then the nurses checking on me. Being woke up when each baby cries, and every time the other momma has to get up for somehthing....ugh. Feeling pretty thankful right now that my hospital has one labor/delivery/postpartum room.

I am 19 weeks today and finally feeling her move more often throughout the day. It makes me feel so much better and a lot less nervous and worried all the time. I am also not puking every day, so that is good. We have a party booked on Saturday, and I hope it starts dying down after that. We do need the extra money the parties bring in, but I am so tired and leading a horse for 2 hours is pretty tiring! LOL Also, I need my DH in the woods killing deer...aka.. 'grocery shopping'.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #80
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am 20 weeks and 2 days today and yesterday we were blessed with felling Mary Elizabeth kick all day! Dh was even able to feel her kick! so wonderful! and she has kicked a few times this am as well! when do the regular kicks (as in worry if u dont feel them) start?
oh and I appologize this is a little gross but what is up with the nipples feeling like they have been cut off when they get cold like omgosh extreme pain! nothing helps but a hot shower any suggestions on what to do? will lanolin help? We are borrowing a xbox360 tonight to rent "pregnant in America" and "The Business of Being Born" and "Orgasmic Birth" I cant wait to watch them!
well I most go and super clean my house to get ready for the thanksgiving visit from Mom! (she arrives Sunday eve)
with baby #1. Mary Elizabeth due April 2, 2013!
MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote