Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Ideas for telling DH!

I only told DH in a cute way w/this current baby.

He was DONE DONE DONE - "chop my boys off" - DONE after baby #2. Then we got pg w/#3.

And then he was like, "Kill me now" done.

Well, we knew an oops was possible b/c we knew from baby #3 that we suck at charting and that my body throws funky temps occasionally, but we still relied on charting anyway. So, while we were seriously discussing the whole "permanent" solution, I got pg again.

We were going on vacay to a place on a lake that has been in my family for about 4 or 5 generations. The same place where he took my dad fishing and asked him if he could marry me. And then gave me my promise ring.

So, on our second day there, I went out on the lake with him in the paddle boat. We were flirting and playing and talking.... I said, "Do you remember being here and asking my Dad to marry me?" He said yes, of course. I said, "Would you do it all over again? Knowing that 6 yrs in, you'd have *THREE* kids?" He smiled and said, "I wouldn't trade it for the world."

Then he kissed me. And while he was kissing me, I took out the BFP (I'd hid it in my lap under a sweatshirt), pulled away, plopped it on his lap and said, "What about FOUR?"

He was speechless for a good 3-5 mins. We both cried and laughed. He wasn't upset at all, like I worried so much he would be. He was more excited than I was, I think!

And then we rowed to shore and told the rest of my huge family that was there.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki

He was DONE DONE DONE - "chop my boys off" - DONE after baby #2. Then we got pg w/#3.

Well, we knew an oops was possible b/c we knew from baby #3 that we suck at charting and that my body throws funky temps occasionally, but we still relied on charting anyway. So, while we were seriously discussing the whole "permanent" solution, I got pg again.

We were going on vacay to a place on a lake that has been in my family for about 4 or 5 generations. The same place where he took my dad fishing and asked him if he could marry me. And then gave me my promise ring.

So, on our second day there, I went out on the lake with him in the paddle boat. We were flirting and playing and talking.... I said, "Do you remember being here and asking my Dad to marry me?" He said yes, of course. I said, "Would you do it all over again? Knowing that 6 yrs in, you'd have *THREE* kids?" He smiled and said, "I wouldn't trade it for the world."

Then he kissed me. And while he was kissing me, I took out the BFP (I'd hid it in my lap under a sweatshirt), pulled away, plopped it on his lap and said, "What about FOUR?"

He was speechless for a good 3-5 mins. We both cried and laughed. He wasn't upset at all, like I worried so much he would be. He was more excited than I was, I think!

^ Such a great story!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Awww!! That is so sweet!!!
liveelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

thanks, it still makes me tear up. Of course, I'm hormonal, so ya know.... LOL
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
thanks, it still makes me tear up. Of course, I'm hormonal, so ya know.... LOL
Lol oh yeah.. Can't wait for those hormones! . But that is a really sweet story!
liveelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What about taking a pic of it and saving it as the screensaver on the computer with your son holding it?
Or put a bun/roll/biscuit in your oven and ask him to get something out of the oven...he'll be confused about what it is...then have DS say, "There's a bun in the oven"
The shirt is a good idea if you have one...or you can make one.

I like the real subliminal ways like the screensaver and the shirt and see how long it takes him to notice

Last edited by jessicanashville; 11-14-2012 at 03:32 PM.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #17
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
With dd2 dd1 'wrote' a letter saying how she loved him, glad he was her dad, how lucky she was to have a great dad ect and how she knew the baby would feel the same. Then I signed it Hername, aka bis sister to be. I left it on his truck so he wouldnt see it until he was leaving for work. I did have to call him and ask if he got dd1s note though. He said yes and then was quiet and finally asked if I was pg lol

With this one I couldnt wait so I called him at work amd asked what he was doing. He said the usual 'just working'. I said 'yeah, me too' with a big sigh like I had been working really hard. He asked if the girls were misbehaving, then if I was working in the garden. I said no, and that I was working on growing another healthy baby. He was very excited and emotional-even could tell he was tearing up

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I replaced a bunch of pictures that had ds in then and put "reserved for Joey and baby, april 2013". I was hoping he'd discover them himself. Just in case, I had DS color them and knew that he'd show them to DH when he asked what we did that day.

He was confused and a little annoyed... "I would be just as excited if you just told me..." Oh well. My mom thought it was great!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
Mrs_B2009
Registered Users
seller

With my dd, I texted him a picture of the bfp saying "can you see it???" I didn't believe it! Lol

My next bfp (a loss) I told him I had a gift for him when he got home from work and told him to sit down. I handed him a gift bag with the bfp in it.

With this current pregnancy (bfp on first cycle after miscarriage) I gave him a baby name book. I had ordered it online during the last pregnancy and it came in the mail the day after I miscarried. I had told him that I wasn't ready to open it until we were pregnant again. So, I handed him the package just as it came in the mail. He was shocked, wondering why I was ready to open the book! Lol
Mrs_B2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #20
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

My hubby checks his email after dinner every night so I made this custom background and waited for him to notice (he is super into comics)