Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #161
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajewels
All this shower talk, a confession: This is my 6th baby and I've never had a shower. People have asked to host one for me, and I ask them not to. Strange, eh? I have a bit of social anxiety disorder and I get really antsy and uncomfortable when I'm the "center of attention" in crowds so the whole idea makes me uncomfortable. Of course family & close friends have brought gifts when they come see the baby for the first time which doesn't bother me so much, but I just never was able to bring myself to have a shower. :/
This is our third and I've also never had a shower. Were not close to family (being Military). I'd never go home just to get a shower. I was raise Military so I dont have many friends. Just a good amount of friends spread *all* over the place.
I sometimes feel totally "looked over". No one has ever even offered
We have gotten the occasional present for the kids but 90% of the stuff the kids have we bought.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #162
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

This is our third and I've also never had a shower. Were not close to family (being Military). I'd never go home just to get a shower. I was raise Military so I dont have many friends. Just a good amount of friends spread *all* over the place.
We have gotten the occasional present for the kids but 90% of the stuff the kids have we bought.

(( HUGS )) I don't have a lot of friends ( or family that I talk to), but the few close friends I have live within a few minutes to couple hours of me. Must be tough having your friends so spread out.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #163
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Gender thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post

my friends are spread out too but most of them live about 400 miles away so one of them is throwing me a shower there when we come to visit. My friends here I am not too close to, it is hard to devote a ton of time to friendship with twin toddlers, 16 units to teach, a house to keep and a baby to create. Some people get upset if I have to make plans with little notice or cancel plans we have and I am thinking, "tough cookies, you try to do what I do!" I really only have one close friend here who totally gets me and a few others that I have common ordeals such as twins. No one here offered to throw me a shower with the twins and no one has offered so far with this baby.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #164
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

I'm really sorry. I think every mom to be deserves a baby shower-it's a huge moment in her life and it deserves to be celebrated. With my first child I was lucky enough to have a beautiful shower thrown here in Vancouver by my two sisters so I could celebrate with our friends and DH's family here. And then my mother and family threw me a second baby shower back in my home town Vernon so that all my family and friends could celebrate too. I am very grateful for the time and effort they put-perhaps that's why I don't feel like I need another shower....but I do strongly feel that every women should get this experience and honestly if you were closer I would throw you a shower because you deserve it and you should not be over looked-plus I love to bake and entertain!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #165
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
Popping in to say we saw parts popping out! We're on team BOY!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #166
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks mamas!
I wasnt looking for a pity party. Just life for us

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #167
pacgirl44
Registered Users

We find out on Weds - I'm so excited! Every day I change my mind about what I think I'm carrying
pacgirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #168
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks mamas!
I wasnt looking for a pity party. Just life for us

Not a pity party-just a fact....Every women deserves a baby shower. If I had a friend and knew her family was not going to throw her a shower I would make sure it happened.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #169
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby

Not a pity party-just a fact....Every women deserves a baby shower. If I had a friend and knew her family was not going to throw her a shower I would make sure it happened.
That's sweet of you

Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #170
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
We are having a boy!! We already have his name picked out. It is Nathaniel Richard. Now I'm ready to hold him!! Lol
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote