Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #21
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ideas for telling DH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
My hubby checks his email after dinner every night so I made this custom background and waited for him to notice (he is super into comics)
That's awesome!

Advertisement

jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #22
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So I ended up telling DH Last night. I had hidden the test in an empty wipes box in the bathroom so when he went to brush his teeth I asked him to hand me a wipe out of there and he opened it and thought I was playing a joke on him! Haha I finally convinced him that it was true and there's no way I could fake that and he was really happy and excited! . I knew I couldn't wait any longer to tell him!
liveelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #23
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveelou View Post
So I ended up telling DH Last night. I had hidden the test in an empty wipes box in the bathroom so when he went to brush his teeth I asked him to hand me a wipe out of there and he opened it and thought I was playing a joke on him! Haha I finally convinced him that it was true and there's no way I could fake that and he was really happy and excited! . I knew I couldn't wait any longer to tell him!
aw, congrats!
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #24
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

OP, you have no willpower at all.

With DD, we found out on April Fool's Day, lol. His parents were visiting that weekend, so I had to wait until we were alone, and I whispered to him that I think I'm pregnant, and it's not an April Fool's Joke, and that I took a test. He smiled and asked if I could take another one, lol.

With DS1, I took a picture of the test and put it as the background on the computer.

With ^i^ DS2, I updated a big collage picture frame we have with new pics of the kids, and I put a pic of a positive test in there, too. When he saw my finished project, I told him that "as long as I was going to take the time to update the collage, I might as well put all three of our kids in there." There's a LOT more to the story but this is, by far, the "telling plan" that required the most waiting and the most planning, lol. And he didn't get it at first, lol. It was classic.

With this baby, I found out on a Saturday (with a super squinter), and then on Sunday, I told DH that it was time to test (we were TTCing) and I left him with my "sample" and a test in the bathroom and told him to take the test, lol. It was another super squinter but DH said it was negative. I had him bring me the test so I could look at it, too, and sure enough, there was a teeny tiny second line. I asked him what THAT was, indicating the second line, and he said that he saw that but didn't think it was anything. That "not anything" is stretching out my tummy now.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #25
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Way too far from now but with dd I went to the mall and had a pea in a pod ornament made that said 'coming soon....August 2011'

I tested on a Thursday and we were planning to put up he tree and decorate for Christmas that Saturday. It happened to be our anniversary that day also so even though we agreed on no gifts I handed him a gift bag and told him I couldn't help myself. He opened it and was SO excited! L he kept saying was 'Is this for real??!!!'

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #26
CrunchyNavyWife
Registered Users

Here's what I did...and I'm impressed it worked so well My husband came home from lunch on the day I got my positive test, and it happened to be at the same time my 13 month old was waking up from a nap. I went and got my son and put him in a shirt that said Big Brothers Rule, and told him to go show daddy his cool new shirt. When my husband saw it, he had this look on his face like "that's weird hes not a big brother" And then I saw it click and he jumped up "Are you pregnant???" It was pretty funny! He was definitely surprised!
CrunchyNavyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #27
Mrsfuzzy2424
Registered Users
seller

For our fifth baby I emailed my husband a picture of the test when he was at work. He opened the email when another guy was at his desk. Of course they both knew what it was. I should have been more secret. Maybe a text. They were both excited and the guy at his desk didn't tell anyone for 12 weeks. That's when we told everyone at the office. I just can't wait to tell him each time. I usually take the test before he leaves for work and show him right away.
Mrsfuzzy2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #28
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I always want to do something really elaborate but end up getting too excited to wait. For my first, I sent him a picture of the test to his cell phone when he was at work. I was out of town, so I thought it would be best since I couldn't be there to tell him in person. Second time, I took the test, got a squinter and had him look. He said we should be "cautiously optimistic", well that made pregnant hormonal me really annoyed. I marched back in with a digital test I was saving for a special occasion. Then there was no question! This time, I asked him to come right home after work instead of going to help his mom as planned. I met him in the front yard, and told him to close his eyes and put out his hand. I will always remember the look on his face. Total confusion, then surprise, then gleefully happy. He said it felt like a pen. Interestingly, I had been to the doctor a week before for infertility... So... It was a real shock for both of us!!
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote