Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #651
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe

Ohh, hope you aren't after me

Erica, the pants look great and I like the action shots. Butch wasn't that impressed with his shirts, but he is always cranky when coming home from daycare. I think they keep him too busy during the day to wear him out. Love that!!
Oh no. We went to the drs irl and the dr was an effing idiot and kept saying RBs issues were "just" Tbi and "just" PTSD. I didn't argue with him cause it was pointless but we left and went straight upstairs and got him a new provider. How the eff can you be a compliant provider (and be active duty military!) and not recognize the severity of dx commonly seen in the military? Esp since all the work was already done for him. But, he had "read your whole medical record and it took about 20 minutes." I already told you his medical files are like 5 inches thick. I KNOW what I am looking for and it would take me longer than 20 min to find!

We got him a new PCM.

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #652
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: VETERANS DAY! KAL 11/11-11/17 Knit to a goal!

I'm thankful we never got much Halloween candy. I'd be gorging today for sure! I'm debating making snickerdoodles
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #653
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

all of our candy was gone a long time ago...we didn't get much either.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #654
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Oh no. We went to the drs irl and the dr was an effing idiot and kept saying RBs issues were "just" Tbi and "just" PTSD. I didn't argue with him cause it was pointless but we left and went straight upstairs and got him a new provider. How the eff can you be a compliant provider (and be active duty military!) and not recognize the severity of dx commonly seen in the military? Esp since all the work was already done for him. But, he had "read your whole medical record and it took about 20 minutes." I already told you his medical files are like 5 inches thick. I KNOW what I am looking for and it would take me longer than 20 min to find!

We got him a new PCM.
Well, you know those are just a bunch of letters. I can't imagine having to keep track of all of that. I'll come poke the guy with some knitting needles if you want.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #655
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our candy has been mostly ignored. The boys eat maybe 1 piece a day and DH doesn't eat any. No one has had the energy to go through it and get rid of what we wont' eat either. Most of it will get thrown away eventually.

Oh, and we have something eating one of our pumpkins that are still out. The hole keeps getting bigger and more stuff gets pulled out each day. I'm thinking squirrel.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #656
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

We got him a new PCM.
Ugh. I have been to a few of those, the know-it-all types that don't need to read or understand what patients tell them.

I went to one when Pi was still a new baby, to try to get on Imitrex and get a new Albuterol inhaler. I talked about my chronic migraines and she went off on me like some drug seeker giving me total attitude. She looked in my chart that they'd been giving me vicodin (post surgical and during pregnancy, since ALL migraine meds can cause birth defects, and ibuprofen can cause heart failure in the 3rd trimester). Without looking or listening further she decided I was a druggie. I got so mad I flat out yelled at her. I was like, that's what the doctors gave me to take and said was safe. I'm here for imitrex, if you don't want to help me get that, I'll leave. She kind of stuttered and said I had the "classic drug seeker history" and I said fine, and left. I found a great neuro after that, who was actually knowledgeable, and a PCP who had no problems writing me imitrex and albuterol when I needed them. Of course he had to move back to Arizona.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #657
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

We got him a new PCM.
Sorry, Fi That stinks. Hope your new PCP/PCM has better bedside manner for sure. You would think a military doctor would be more sensitive to soldiers/vets with PTSD and/or TBI. He sounds jaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I'm thankful we never got much Halloween candy. I'd be gorging today for sure! I'm debating making snickerdoodles
Snickerdoodles you say? Do it! Doooo iiittt!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #658
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe

Well, you know those are just a bunch of letters. I can't imagine having to keep track of all of that. I'll come poke the guy with some knitting needles if you want.
I knew he was a prick when he walked in and didn't even acknowledge my presence. He got right to condescending right away and I was like dude just stfu so I can get on with proving you wrong.

It makes me so angry cause they don't GET how LONG it takes me to get him to go to the drs because he knows this is what's going to happen and when it does, and it shouldn't, it makes it harder the next time!

We were not asking for anything other than what he qualifies for but this dr has a bs attitude that is as anti helping people as is possible to be and still be a dr!

Worse part? He doesn't even see active duty usually, he is in family practice! So he shouldn't even be like so jaded about active issues because most of them go to VA but we have insurance that covers him to go to the military treatment facility and we try to leave the VA open for guys who have no coverage except the VA. Appointments are hard enough to get over there without being bogged down with people who don't need to be seen there.

Now, Fi is on a mission. I will get this.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #659
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

We got him a new PCM.
LAME doctor. Glad you found a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
Our candy has been mostly ignored. The boys eat maybe 1 piece a day and DH doesn't eat any. No one has had the energy to go through it and get rid of what we wont' eat either. Most of it will get thrown away eventually.

Oh, and we have something eating one of our pumpkins that are still out. The hole keeps getting bigger and more stuff gets pulled out each day. I'm thinking squirrel.
Definitely squirrel, I have seen squirrels eating our pumpkin this past week. I also see rabbits going in when the squirrels are off duty, so if you are rabbits they may be plundering as well. Joint effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Ugh. I have been to a few of those, the know-it-all types that don't need to read or understand what patients tell them.

I went to one when Pi was still a new baby, to try to get on Imitrex and get a new Albuterol inhaler. I talked about my chronic migraines and she went off on me like some drug seeker giving me total attitude. She looked in my chart that they'd been giving me vicodin (post surgical and during pregnancy, since ALL migraine meds can cause birth defects, and ibuprofen can cause heart failure in the 3rd trimester). Without looking or listening further she decided I was a druggie. I got so mad I flat out yelled at her. I was like, that's what the doctors gave me to take and said was safe. I'm here for imitrex, if you don't want to help me get that, I'll leave. She kind of stuttered and said I had the "classic drug seeker history" and I said fine, and left. I found a great neuro after that, who was actually knowledgeable, and a PCP who had no problems writing me imitrex and albuterol when I needed them. Of course he had to move back to Arizona.
I am always so amazed when they decide on something and run with it, even if it makes little sense. I had re-occuring MRSA, and one doctor said "This is common in hospitals, jails, and gyms. Have you recently been in jail?" And I was so floored by that, because why would jail be at the top of the possible-where-I-have-been list over a gym or a hospital? Had to find a new doctor after that one, too, it was just so odd, he kept talking about jail.

My DH's birthday is in two weeks, I have no idea what to get him. He buys what he wants for himself. It's so frustrating. I usually buy him a really nice bottle of scotch because I know he likes that, but I don't think I can do that again, even I am tired of it. Any suggestions? He is a total enigma, he is a surfing, yoga doing and once instructing, software engineering, college football playing and now football loving weirdo
Hungry Caterpillar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #660
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar

LAME doctor. Glad you found a new one

Definitely squirrel, I have seen squirrels eating our pumpkin this past week. I also see rabbits going in when the squirrels are off duty, so if you are rabbits they may be plundering as well. Joint effort.

I am always so amazed when they decide on something and run with it, even if it makes little sense. I had re-occuring MRSA, and one doctor said "This is common in hospitals, jails, and gyms. Have you recently been in jail?" And I was so floored by that, because why would jail be at the top of the possible-where-I-have-been list over a gym or a hospital? Had to find a new doctor after that one, too, it was just so odd, he kept talking about jail.

My DH's birthday is in two weeks, I have no idea what to get him. He buys what he wants for himself. It's so frustrating. I usually buy him a really nice bottle of scotch because I know he likes that, but I don't think I can do that again, even I am tired of it. Any suggestions? He is a total enigma, he is a surfing, yoga doing and once instructing, software engineering, college football playing and now football loving weirdo
A new pocket protector?