Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #161
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeah I read it. This seems to be different, just plain if they can see-then they are going to chase and peck them.

I'm so sorry Liz

Advertisement

Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #162
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

Ah man Backy, sorry.

Well, nothing in the traps.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #163
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Bator is going great, has been stable. I think I finally got the right plugs open that the humidity's been a stable 36% for two days now and the temp has been exact.

I'll chat more in a couple days. It's been really hard here. Our dog Daisy, has gone down hill fast in the last 24 hours. If she does not pass on her own we'll be putting her down this week end. My head hurts from worry and crying. I don't know what is going to happen to her sister when she's gone. They are litter-mates and have never been apart. So hard.
I am so sorry, Liz. We went through that in Sept with our pup of 13 years. It is so horrible. Hugs to you and your family.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #164
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

:grpbday :

Happy Birthday Liz!
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #165
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Happy Birthday, Liz!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #166
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

aw thank you guys. Just made myself and the little man a big lunch of scrambled eggs, gravy and sausage as a b-day treat to me. The girls are doing so good with their production! My mom bought me some really cute boots to wear out to the coop for my b-day. They look like this, aren't they cute!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Daisy's hanging in there. I have been trying to gently tell dh that she is fading, all week. Last night the denial lifted and he saw what I was trying to say. He was so upset and it was so hard. They are like our first kids. We took them to high school football games, in our hoodie pockets. Took them on vacations, car rides, everywhere. Daisy is uncomfortable, enough that she doesn't really want to sit in his lap for very long anymore. She struggles to move around. I have gotten her to eat canned food, dinner last night and breakfast/lunch today. I decided a big spoonful 3x a day would be better for her. Getting her to drink is harder, hoping the wet food will help with that. She's not wheezing as bad today and her eyes are a bit brighter now that she's got some food in her. I know she must not have been eating as she was vomiting bile yesterday. Put some potty pads out so that she doesn't have to potty outside if she doesn't want to and we're just trying to make her comfortable. When she stops desiring food or seems to be in too much pain we'll take her to the vet. For now, we're just loving on her as much as we can and waiting. I hate the waiting.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #167
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy birthday girl! I'm so sorry Daisy is slipping so close to your b-day. I had to put Kora down when I was preg w/ William. Had her 10 years. She looked just like Meg. I couldn't think of another dog for 3 yrs and Ray finally pushed me. I'm not close to Meg though. Kora was my forst child in many ways. It took 7 yrs to comcieve Cayden so she was our baby. I burried her with her yokiro-taco-bell toys. Putting her down was hard, the cancer had spread to everywhere and the euth didn't finalize for something like 5 full mins! he vet was so astonished as this doesn't just happen. They gave her tons of pain meds first, so I know it didn't hhurt her, just me. At least I was with her. That really mattered to me. She was only 6 lbs. We carried her EVERYWHERE.

We're here for you if you need us Liz. Your a good doggie Moma. I took can't stand to see any creature suffer.

I know those boots! Congrats. I was drooling over some just like that yesterday, lol. Glad the girls are produceing well.

I ended us giving the 2 doz eggs for free, lol. They brought us a little homemade beer. haha. Taste like German flavor. Great news though, her sister is dyeing for some! Soon too I think. They were all just amazed at the flavor and quality! They got a tour of the property and coop. So surprised at how happy and healthy. She said she's come straight to me when they are ready for chicks too! It's satisfying, like converting someone to cloth, lol.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #168
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post

Daisy's hanging in there. I have been trying to gently tell dh that she is fading, all week. Last night the denial lifted and he saw what I was trying to say. He was so upset and it was so hard. They are like our first kids. We took them to high school football games, in our hoodie pockets. Took them on vacations, car rides, everywhere. Daisy is uncomfortable, enough that she doesn't really want to sit in his lap for very long anymore. She struggles to move around. I have gotten her to eat canned food, dinner last night and breakfast/lunch today. I decided a big spoonful 3x a day would be better for her. Getting her to drink is harder, hoping the wet food will help with that. She's not wheezing as bad today and her eyes are a bit brighter now that she's got some food in her. I know she must not have been eating as she was vomiting bile yesterday. Put some potty pads out so that she doesn't have to potty outside if she doesn't want to and we're just trying to make her comfortable. When she stops desiring food or seems to be in too much pain we'll take her to the vet. For now, we're just loving on her as much as we can and waiting. I hate the waiting.
sweetie. My DH has struggled so with losing our dog, and it surprised him. He was not a dog person, so he was really shocked with how hard it was when she was gone. To the point where he is not sure when he will be ready for another dog. Whereas I was ready right away (long hours alone in a rural house do that to a woman).

It is so hard to have to make that decision. Just know that making that decision is a huge act of love for a dog that is so dear to you. Totally crying now, thinking about our sweet dog. Hang in there, woman.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #169
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I finally managed to take some crappy pictures of the babies. Notice all the roos..grr.
http://s743.beta.photobucket.com/use...ovember%202012
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #170
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ah Fodie, I want the brown with a little blk one!!!! Those are some lovely babies.

I was just about to share the pics of the newer babies. My little hobbled one is alone in a little box. Just removed the hobbles today! Doin awsome. I did pt like 10X a day though. It's 3 days old I think, well tonight it will be. It was unable to use the legs, they were severe. I wanted to give it a fighting chance.

Well, here they are: