Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #31
Registered Users
I am pretty sure my 2 yo could have done a comparable job to what the first woman did. I think longer hair on little boys is super cute (just not for mine because of crazy texture and cowlicks) but the shorter hair looks great too. It still longer than typical boy haircuts and it will grow back mama. ((hugs))

I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #32
Registered Users
Re: I am so upset.** Pics on page 3**

No, she was sober (I guess) but she was OBVIOUSLY unskilled at cutting children's hair, and she was very uncomfortable from the beginning, which was obvious to me.

I couldn't bring myself to take him back, so my DH did it for me, thank heavens. I had called and told them how angry I was and they set up the appt but I couldn't walk back through the door. DH took him in and OH they were MORTIFIED when they saw it. They had five different people help fix it, apparently, and I take it they probably had "words" with the original "stylist". They all have the right to turn down an appt if they don't feel they can do what the customer wants, so why she didn't turn it down when she found out it was a child, I don't know.

Anyway, he looks really cute and it's very nicely cut now, flows together nicely, and is out of his way (it was really bothering him before and he was constantly trying to wipe it out of his face), but I MISS his long hair SO MUCH. So, I hope he has fast growing hair like I do.
Bellydancing, Jesus-loving, cloth-diapering ecologist and Mommy to Michael Christopher, born July 8, 2010!!

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty!

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time!
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:
Oh my gosh! If you remember her name you should write a review on Yelp about HER! Say that other staff fixed it but that's awful!! Seriously some people should NOT be cutting hair!!
Kristi, Mommy to Josh & Nick (identical twins 6-97) Nathen (3-02), Joey (2-04), Jacob (11-05) & Aaron (12-11) I sell Tupperware!
"A person's a person, no matter how small..." Dr Seuss
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #34
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels
My Mood:

that was an horrible hair cut! his fix is really cute tho. hes a cutie!
I'm a proud sahm mom 4boys & 1girlWife to my Dh Were a, erf, hs, loving family. enjoying our jurney in life!
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #35
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm sorry that happen. I like to cut my son's hair similarly and I would be very upset. I have taken him for hair cuts where they cut it a little shorter than I wanted and it wasn't perfectly straight but never that bad. That was really poorly done and I would have been really upset too. One time my then 4 year old dd gave my son a hair cut and the way she did it the only way to fix it was by giving him a tight shave. I was very upset about it. Yes I knew hair grows back but it took quite a while to do so. This will grow back faster but it still wasn't what you wanted and will take time to grow.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 11-15-2012 at 11:17 AM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #36
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
It almost looks like she though he was a girl and tried to stack the back but there is no excuse for that haircut at all poor kid. I'm glad they fixed it.
going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #37
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
LOL!! I was thinking the same thing, I have never had a second of training and I do a better job on my daughter's hair!! Crazy!
I was too! LMAO Oh good lord that was a horrendous haircut!! What was she thinking?? My husband cut my hair and did a WAY better job than that!

I'm glad you were able to get it fixed mama, and I'm sorry his long hair is gone. He looks super cute, though, and it will grow back!
Mom to Greyson, 14

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #38
Registered Users

The fix looks great! However, the original cut looks like something he could have done himself. Yikes! I am now officially too afraid to ever get my son's hair cut.
Nicole; spunky, sassy mama to my two little wild ones: Logan (9-08) and Liam (11-10) and Grayson (12-12)
I blog about the hilarity that comes along with raising my boys!
nicolemariep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #39
Registered Users
My Mood:

Well the fixed cut looks really cute on him! But that first cut... holy butchering, batman!

And this thread has reinforced my worries about ever getting Levi's hair cut - what if they do that to my baby?!!!
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #40
Registered Users

I read this yesterday and honestly thought you were overreacting. O M G I was so wrong! WOW!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote