Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: cay***ali
car seat options for a tall toddler?

My 22 MO has outgrown her Eddie Bauer car seat (which I hated!) as the should straps are below her shoulders now. I need a new one, but my budget is tight and the selection where I live is limited and prices inflated. We had a 2nd car seat a triumph, but the airline lost it and I have to admit although it was basic we really found it easy.

I'd like to keep her rear facing longer, but it's getting hard to get her in now - so forward facing is probably where we are going. She is 29 lbs, not sure of her height but she is very tall. My car is small a hyundai matrix and does not have latch.

Any reccs for a convertible? Brands I can get here are graco, evenflo, safety first and britax. My budget is tight, should I spend as much as I can on a convertible that goes up to 65 lbs and hope it will work for her for many more years or buy a more affordable FF and then move on to a booster when she is ready?

I have been checking out all the sites and reading lots - it's overwhelming I am hoping to get some help here! I was thinking the nautilus, but then read so many reviews about the crotch strap being too short.
A Modern Hippy Mummy to hypnobaby Willow Raine born Jan/8/2011
love line drying
Baby Led Weaning
mummy2lolo is offline   Reply With Quote