Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #121
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Started on the little Miss' quilt today. I've never made one before so I'm hoping it turns out. I think I have a blister from using the rotary cutter though!

ForumRunner_20121115_123056.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

Advertisement

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #122
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
Absolutely!!! I totally know what you mean! You have so much anxiety about it, once you go and it goes ok you will be much more settled. Just so many emotions wrapped up in the dr and setting it's hard to go that first time. So happy that you are doing this big step!!!
Thanks Amanda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I made a video to share the news with my family. Posted it on facebook and our blog. So far there's been very little FB comments. Hopefully people catch on and watch the video or I might have to actually call people, lol.
and for sharing the news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Elena, I hope the perfect appointment time slot opens up for you tomorrow.
Thanks Andrea! It sorta worked out - I'll post below

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejo View Post
Hello,
I guess i'll introduce myself. I read through this entire thread last night.
I was due Nov 27th with the babe I lost. Lost April 16th. i never suspected I'd lose a baby. You know, it won't happen to me. It was beyond devastating. As you all here know.
So today I am 4 weeks 5days. I've been TIRED, nauseated and my milk makers are swollen. I hardly had ANY symptoms with the wee babe I lost in April. I am thrilled to be so tired!!!!!
Welcome to the group, but I'm sorry you belong here
Congrats and with your new bean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace View Post
I'm out ladies. Sad, disappointed, but I know God is in control. Best wishes to all of you!
I'm so sorry, mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Elena - Love the nickname "hiccup"! Hope you can get into your OB today and I'm glad the little babe is moving around more! maybe you have an anterior placenta like me, which gives us panic attacks on the days of little-to-no movement.

AFM - Still hanging in there. Just realized that if I deliver at 38w like I did my other children, then I only have 14 weeks to go. Eeek! Little miss is moving around a whole lot more these days. Or else she's just getting big enough that I feel her a lot more with my anterior placenta.
Wasn't the OB, just my family Dr - we need a referral to the OB here, and get that around 24-26 weeks, though my Dr said he could refer me right away if I wanted.
I'm not allowing myself to think about the placenta placement, honestly. I convinced myself, completely, that the whole trouble with Elliana's movements (lack of) was that I just had an anterior placenta. It was just one more hope to have crushed, if that makes sense.
So I don't let myself think that way. I'm feeling Hiccup a lot the past couple days, got some good kicks and thumps early this morning - I think part of my trouble not feeling him when I wake up is that normally I wake up with the kids, around 7:30, but the past couple days I've woken at 6 or shortly after, and can feel Hiccup kicking and moving around - I think he's probably just been doing that and I've missed it while still sleeping, then when I wake up, he's sleeping himself again.
Now that I'm thinking about it - I keep waking up then really needing to pee - maybe he's moving against my bladder and so I wake... instead of just wetting the bed... so that's a good thing

14 weeks is... Really not that long!!! Yikes!
for more/stronger movements - I bet the latter is what it is - she's gotten bigger and stronger, so you're feeling those movements now even though they've been happening all along, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
I have been really bad at keeping up with this thread, but I've been reading along. Hi to the new mamas! Things are going well over here. I'm 23 weeks now, which seems crazy. When I was still newly pregnant, it felt like I'd never get this far, but it really is flying by. My little girl is quite the mover and shaker--just like her big sisters. We had 2 anatomy ultrasounds because she moved so much that they couldn't get all the required pictures. Blessedly, all looks perfect with her. Now, its just time to wait out a few more months and keep praying that all stays well!
No worries! We're all mamas, life gets busy!
I can't imagine 23 weeks just yet... and if I am able to... well, that's exactly when Elli was born, so right now my 23 week picture is pretty sucky.
Hopefully an u/s will change that outlook and allow us to actually start thinking ahead, thinking of actually having a baby instead of just being pregnant with one right now, kwim?

about needing another u/s cuz she wouldn't stay still for pictures! Naughty chicky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Elena -- so glad baby is giving you more and more movements and such peace of mind. You are doing wonderful, mama. I think about you often and pray for you to find strength to get through the ultrasound a-okay

AFM -- nothing new... 7w4d today and obviously can't find the HB on my doppler yet... going to try every day now until I do.. I know it's way early still... I am just so hopeful to find it in the next 4 or 5 days since I know so many mamas can find it by 8 weeks.
Thank you.

for another few tries with the doppler to get that hb for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
Hi ladies....

Nothing much going on here...28 weeks tomorrow...I'm thinking delivery will be around 38 weeks
10 weeks?! That's really close!!!

AFM: So, I made it to my Dr this morning. I hadn't called, so it was just a "walk-in" appt slot. I started filling out the prenatal history form, we got a req sent (to the hospital we want) for the u/s, checked my bp (high for me, understandably), and heard Hiccup's hb on doppler. That was... difficult, lol. I don't think it's for a bad reason, although of course my mind went instantly back to my 17wk prenatal with Elli, when we had trouble getting the hb, and that sucked. But I'm sure the whole time I could feel squirming from Hiccup, and I could hear thumps and swooshes on the doppler, which should mean movements.
He did catch the hb for a couple seconds down low on my right, but then it just disappeared. I could feel Hiccup move up and over left - we ended up with my hands above baby holding him still, then the doppler against him on the other side - got a good bit of hb... then he squirmed and was gone again. Apparently he does not like the doppler.

I am going back tomorrow for a bit more of a "first prenatal" - we'll get all the paperwork on the go, get urine and weight and fundal height, :crossfinger: hear that hb again - maybe not easier... but quicker?!, and get lab reqs for my bloodwork. I won't be doing a physical or any vag exams with this pregnancy - if nothing else, I just did them a year ago (pretty much exactly a year, too).

DH came with me this morning - it wasn't actually as bad as I thought... but this was largely due to them having moved offices! Just from one side of a building (kinda duplex) to the other - climbing the stairs and going in the first door was hard... but then I went the "other way". Which, silly as it may sound, may it suddenly easier, different... like there could be a different outcome this time.
He won't be able to come with me tomorrow. But I think I'll be okay.
Whether he knows it or not, he is coming to the u/s with me. There's no way I'll get there on my own, never mind getting through it on my own! Now that the req is sent off, I just wait for the hospital to call me to make an appt for it. So that all works out. And for Hiccup to be happy and healthy in there.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #123
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Started on the little Miss' quilt today. I've never made one before so I'm hoping it turns out. I think I have a blister from using the rotary cutter though!
I love those colors!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #124
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Elena: so glad you made that first step to get to the doc.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #125
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
14 weeks is... Really not that long!!! Yikes!

10 weeks?! That's really close!!!
6 weeks to go here.

Glad you had a good appointment.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #126
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Busy this afternoon making wipes and burp cloths...29 wipes made...some 2 sided flannel and others flannel/terry. Got 3 burp cloths made. All different colors depending on what I had and the fact I don't know who's in there :-) I still have lots leftover from when DD#3 was a baby and most are in good shape but it's fun to have new stuff :-)

How many wipes do you think I'll need? How about burp cloths?

10 weeks does seem very close. I have the coming home outfit all ordered. A gal I found on here has a Facebook page "Hooked by Carolyn" and is knitting sweater, longies, hat and booties in a cream color. I found a super cute indie that says "worth the wait" with a little stork on it that I want to get too. Oh my....I'm tearing up just typing this and the the bane is rolling around in my belly. I never would have dreamed in a million years we would have gotten this lucky after losing Baby Jack. God is so good!

Anyhow...I have some diapers too but will be getting some prefolds soon. Stroller, crib and the like will be the beginning of December when hubs gets Christmas money...
Old 11-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #127
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
Elena: so glad you made that first step to get to the doc.
Thank you Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
6 weeks to go here.

Glad you had a good appointment.
Holy goodness Andrea! That's like... that's like... well, that's like darn near baby-time!

and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
How many wipes do you think I'll need? How about burp cloths?

10 weeks does seem very close. I have the coming home outfit all ordered. A gal I found on here has a Facebook page "Hooked by Carolyn" and is knitting sweater, longies, hat and booties in a cream color. I found a super cute indie that says "worth the wait" with a little stork on it that I want to get too. Oh my....I'm tearing up just typing this and the the bane is rolling around in my belly. I never would have dreamed in a million years we would have gotten this lucky after losing Baby Jack. God is so good!

Anyhow...I have some diapers too but will be getting some prefolds soon. Stroller, crib and the like will be the beginning of December when hubs gets Christmas money...
I got 36 wipes made when pregnant with Levi - I think that's a good number, somewhere between 30-40. I wouldn't want any less, because sometimes when diapers are still in the dryer ( and maybe I'm too lazy to go get them folded/stuffed) we get to the last wipes being used. Then there are lots of times when there are plenty left - depends on how many dirty diapers we have! Anyways, wouldn't want less, but I don't think I'd need more either.

Can't wait to see pics of those outfits! I got a onesie when pregnant with Levi - it's white with mint writing, says "worth the wait". It was one of my favorite things for him to wear. Most people don't know about our miscarriages, but did know that Levi was 11 days late, so they all assumed it meant that (still cute) - the few people who did know about our losses really understood what it meant.
(Now I'm getting teary. we are able to see Hiccup in that onesie - and, oh, how much meaning in just a few words)

We really don't need much this time around - for big things, just a car seat. I will buy a few diapers (especially now that I've "bumped into" Amanda again) ( just got my own pun there!), and I need a couple more wet bags (plan to bug Sarah for those!). Oh, and I may see if I can find a knit (that's the stretchy ones, right?) wrap - had a guaze (not stretchy) one with Levi, liked and used it, but I think I'd prefer the stretch.
No matter what, though, we won't be getting anything at all until later on. Definitely not till after we know more from the u/s, and then we'll see.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #128
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Susan - I have 40 double flannel wipes made. I hope that's enough!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #129
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213
Susan - I have 40 double flannel wipes made. I hope that's enough!
That's what DH and I were thinking...I'm thinking diaper/wipe laundry every 3 days? What do you think about that?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #130
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy

That's what DH and I were thinking...I'm thinking diaper/wipe laundry every 3 days? What do you think about that?
That's what I'm thinking. Will probably use 15 wipes/day (?) so on the 3rd day I'll do wash and still have 10 to use that morning.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum