Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Afraid to get our woolies dirty

Oh wow thanks littleleaf! Right now while I'm waiting on longies from FSOT (eeks) I have a woolybottoms soaker and a disana soaker. The woolybottoms is already made from a felted sweater but the waist and leg cuffs are new stretchy interlock so I wasn't sure what would happen to them if I put them in the machine. The Disana soaker is so soft and stretchy but I think I should have gotten a smaller size but it was such a great price on FSOT I couldn't resist. I almost would be happy if it shrank a little bit. I think it would still be soft....I hope. What did you do about lanolizing?

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #12
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhayrday View Post
Oh wow thanks littleleaf! Right now while I'm waiting on longies from FSOT (eeks) I have a woolybottoms soaker and a disana soaker. The woolybottoms is already made from a felted sweater but the waist and leg cuffs are new stretchy interlock so I wasn't sure what would happen to them if I put them in the machine. The Disana soaker is so soft and stretchy but I think I should have gotten a smaller size but it was such a great price on FSOT I couldn't resist. I almost would be happy if it shrank a little bit. I think it would still be soft....I hope. What did you do about lanolizing?
Generally, interlock used for waistbands has lycra in it and should be felted before sewing, so the whole soaker should be machine washable (cold gentle).

I lanolize in a bucket. Washing in the machine doesn't wash out the lanolin (just use eucalan rather than regular laundry detergent)
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #13
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I love our wool! Im not as worried about crawling around inside we do have hard wood floors too so gather dirt fast. I really am reaching for my busha leggings more right now then my wool though. I love both lol so it hard to decide what i will dress him in.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For a while, DD's only long enough pants were her knit longies. I just couldn't bare to let her wear them too the park or playground, I spent too much money and time to get them ruined :/ I don't dare buy more wool for my stupid reason, it would just be a waste. So now I'm going to make some soakers so I don't have to worry about getting them ruined!

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #15
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

So far no totally ruined woolies here and we do wool full time. One did partially felt because I tried the delicate cycle of my washer. Turns out it isn't very delicate. But they do still look nice. They are just a bit thicker than before. The other mishaps we have had are two that bled when washed. One I have enough trim I am planning on ripping and redoing but not until after I get the main color dye set. It is a solid. The other pair I am not so sure what to do as I don't have any more trim to redo. In both the color that ran is most noticeable in the trim color.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I forgot to add all my upcycled wool is machine washable. A plus of course is they are also a lot cheaper than knit wool so not such a heart break if ruined.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote