Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #131
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

I find myself wondering if I'll remember how to parent a newborn. My DS and DD are less than 2 years apart, so there wasn't much time in between for a memory lapse. This baby will be 3.5 yrs younger than my DD. I feel like breastfeeding and diaper changing were so long ago, and wonder will I remember how to do all this stuff? I'm sure it's like riding a bike, but I still have irrational fears that I'll forget it all!

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #132
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Kate - I wonder that myself! This babe is coming along 6 yrs after my last. My other two are 26ish mos apart.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #133
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
That's what DH and I were thinking...I'm thinking diaper/wipe laundry every 3 days? What do you think about that?
I do diaper laundry just about every 3 days here. Basically I do it whenever the diaper pail is full. With a newborn it may be every couple days, but usually still every 3 - they go through more diapers, but the diapers are smaller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I find myself wondering if I'll remember how to parent a newborn. My DS and DD are less than 2 years apart, so there wasn't much time in between for a memory lapse. This baby will be 3.5 yrs younger than my DD. I feel like breastfeeding and diaper changing were so long ago, and wonder will I remember how to do all this stuff? I'm sure it's like riding a bike, but I still have irrational fears that I'll forget it all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Kate - I wonder that myself! This babe is coming along 6 yrs after my last. My other two are 26ish mos apart.
I remember feeling this same way when we were pregnant with Levi - I'd had the first 3 within 3.5yrs, but Isaac was 4 when Levi was born.
It is the same all over again... and yet, it's different too, because now you have the older kids to still deal with (not in a bad way, but school stuff and activities and whatnot) while dealing with the newbie at the same time. But you get used to it. And it's wonderful!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #134
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

My son will be just shy of 4 by the time we could possibly give him a sibling (I'm due 12 days before his birthday). It's gonna be like learning it all from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #135
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213

Mine are 15.5 yrs apart & I was amazed at how easy it was to get back into the newborn swing. Like riding a bike.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #136
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I have the same irrational fears. My DD and DS are also only 2 years apart and DD will be 4,5 when this baby comes. BFing I'm sure I can do-I BF DD until she was almost 2,5 so it hasn't been that long. But diapering I feel like a newbie especially since there is so much new stuff in the CDing world!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #137
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
That's what DH and I were thinking...I'm thinking diaper/wipe laundry every 3 days? What do you think about that?
You need quite a lot of diapers if you only do laundry every 3 days. Newborns go through soooooo many. I think we easily needed 10/day at first and you need some for laundry day too so that would make close to 40. (LOL okay how bad is it when I say that I think I do have that many? Granted many are prefolds but still...)

Elena-YAY for making that first step! You can do this!!!!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #138
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My twins and my DD #2 are 26 months and 2 days apart so by the time this babe gets here, it will have been almost 6 years since I've had a newborn.......Oh....My...... I was really a little confused when DD #2 (child #3) came because we brought her home about 24 hours after having her and with my twins, they were in the NICU for 2 weeks after birth... I'm sure it'll all come back to me though
Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #139
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699

You need quite a lot of diapers if you only do laundry every 3 days. Newborns go through soooooo many. I think we easily needed 10/day at first and you need some for laundry day too so that would make close to 40. (LOL okay how bad is it when I say that I think I do have that many? Granted many are prefolds but still...)
Would you say 4 dozen prefolds for a newb is sufficient for laundry every 3 days?

Am I the only CD newbie??

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #140
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
My son will be just shy of 4 by the time we could possibly give him a sibling (I'm due 12 days before his birthday). It's gonna be like learning it all from scratch.
Don't worry, it's not quite like "from scratch" - it's not like the first time all over again! There will be all those wonderful things that you have forgotten itties do - like their sweet milky breath... and how they pass out after nursing... and their adorable little scrunchy stretches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
But diapering I feel like a newbie especially since there is so much new stuff in the CDing world!
Diapering itties is so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
You need quite a lot of diapers if you only do laundry every 3 days.

Elena-YAY for making that first step! You can do this!!!!
Thank you! I'm feeling better after that first appt - and so silly, that them moving to the other side of the building made that much of a difference, but I'll take it!
I'm still anxious about the u/s, but I think DH and I both will be until we get through it, kwim? That's just such a HUGE thing for us this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Would you say 4 dozen prefolds for a newb is sufficient for laundry every 3 days?
Definitely

I had 32 or 33 diapers for Levi (that fit right away, I mean, a combo of NB and smaller smalls) and that was plenty for washing every 3 days - we never ran out or even really low.
I bought 4 more when pregnant with Elli, and I will get another few nb piddle poddles (only have 2 and would like to at least round out the half dozen)... hmm... thinking about that, I wouldn't mind rounding out the 2 xs FBs to a half dozen too. stupid OCD.
But, honestly, I don't need these diapers, I just want them, kwim?
From my experiences, 3-4 dozen is plenty.

AFM: 5:30am - party in Hiccup's womb Seriously. I woke up wondering what woke me, then felt kicks and thumping around in there
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote