Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #21
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm so pissed

I want to punch your DH in the face too You sound like you have good balance in your schedule, with time for YOU, time w/the kids, and generally keeping up w/chores. I wish I had your resolve to get up at 5:30 and exercise, I feel a lot better when I do it.

Tell him to worry about how he spends HIS day rather than interfere with what you are doing. Unless your house is a total wreck I say he needs to stuff it.

Advertisement

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #22
Bum-fabulous
Registered Users

I am exhausted reading your schedule and I am a first year resident! I am off on maternity leave right now and practically did a little dance just because I managed to get both kids down for a nap simultaneously. You are my hero.
Bum-fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #23
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I can't read tone.

But could your DH have been trying to say that he thinks you're cramming too much into your daily schedule?? And that other things are suffering as a result?

I think your schedule looks way hectic and extremely difficult. But that's IMO. I need down time to chill. I can't be moving/going somewhere/cleaning/shopping/driving every second of every day. I would quickly need serious therapy. Kudos to you if you can keep that up! I'm just not sure it's always a good thing.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #24
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
Maybe you can schedule in cleaning? That schedule is way too over scheduled imo. If you are a housewife, housekeeping should be a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 11-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #25
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Could you teach your kids to make their own beds? So it's something you can cross off your list? Even a 3 y/o can be taught to pull their covers up.

could you make lunches the night before?

As far as dressing kids, how old are your kids? Can they do that themselves? Obviously babies can't. But maybe you could arrange for your older ones to have their outfits picked out and okay'ed with you the night before, then the next morning, they just have to get dressed.

Could you switch off with a friend taking the kids to the park in the afternoons?

Could you nix the first park visit? since DD is going in the afternoon already, does she need to go twice?

Do you have backyard? Could the kids get their outside time from going in the backyard and playing?

Just ideas to try to help.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #26
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They make their beds and dress themselves I have to get dressed and make my
Bed too lol. I do dishes three times a day and clean/floors once a day
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #27
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The park is always with friends which is my down time lol
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #28
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you both agree on how clean your home should be most days, or who's responsibility particular cleaning tasks are?

Do you both consider how your daily schedules affect the other? Are you both happy with the amount of time you have together? Do either of you have concerns with your tight schedule preventing your kids from having enough unstructured time or preventing them from having enough variety in their day to day lives?

Is he truly so controlling that you are unable to get access to personal birth control if that is what you desire?

Do you have time to talk with your DH about eachothers concerns?
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #29
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't know what ntnp is.........

otherwise, yes, I would want to punch him in the face as well.

I am pretty clear on something:
I am a STAY AT HOME MOM!
not a stay at home housecleaner.

My primary job is to create an environment that's positive for my kiddo.
I do, however, believe that it is my job to keep a clean house, etc. but, not at the expense of my job as a mom. So, my house is clean.. but it gets done when DH is being part of the parenting duo. He has responsibilities to bond with the kids too and around here, that means taking care of bathtime.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #30
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinmama24
Maybe you can schedule in cleaning? That schedule is way too over scheduled imo. If you are a housewife, housekeeping should be a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Ummm, she is a STAY AT HOME MOTHER...I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think Sam would work outside of the home if not for having children. Sure, keeping the home clean and presentable is important to me but so is working out, and being very involved with my children. I'd much rather take them to the library or park than try to keep them from running across my still wet floors that I just mopped.