Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #101
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: (o) TTC While Breastfeeding (o) October.

My little man is now 17 months, and still no AF. He is driving me crazy though. He nurses soooo much. I keep reminding myself he will eventually slow down, and also of how good it is for him But I am feeling some crampy stuff this month. Hoping my body is waking up!!!!!

Advertisement

Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #102
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post
Are you doing anything to try to lengthen the LP?

Not really. I heard B Vitamins were the things to take to help with that, but I think DD is nursing so much that my ovaries are literally going into hibernation! However, I did read, that it's very normal for nursing mom's to have short LP's when cycles begin to return. It can take around 3 normal cycles for them to normal out! I bought pre-conception tea that is really tasty (I'm a tea hoarder!) but I'm not sure it's gonna do much since bf'ing is the reason for my "infertility".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy24 View Post
Ugh I'm so sick of being crabby and teary-eyed, I just want to get my dang ppaf so things can at least regulate a little and I'll know it's even worth ttc. DS was finally starting to go a few hours without a boob in his mouth at night but I think he started cutting teeth again cause he's a cranky clingy mess lately and he's been up at least every hour crying for a boob.

I'm so right there with you! DD cut 4 teeth at the same time! I might have well cut my boobs off and taped them to her face! (That's a little intense!) I was even having some resentment because I was CONSTANTLY nursing her and I felt that I never ANY break to myself and I couldn't even walk out of the room without her!!! She didn't even want DH! She's calming down now, but still is pretty clingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhschool6 View Post
My little man is now 17 months, and still no AF. He is driving me crazy though. He nurses soooo much. I keep reminding myself he will eventually slow down, and also of how good it is for him But I am feeling some crampy stuff this month. Hoping my body is waking up!!!!!

I've had to remind myself lately why I'm doing this. I love the bonding with her, but sometimes I just wish I could have a break! This is gonna pass way too fast and I'll look back and wish I still have that little baby!!!

DD's new carseat was delivered today! She's still technically fits in her infant seat, but she is not liking to be in it. We bought a britax that has the no rethread harness...OMG..EASY!!!!!! I haven't installed it yet. I'll leave her in her infant seat for now!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #103
Piper4242
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I might try vitex next month... any thoughts??

Kjirsten Hope~ i love being married to my amazing husband and am a proud mommy to my DD (7/31/09) my DS (6/20/11) and my DD (12/3/13)

i love , ,
Piper4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #104
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper4242
I think I might try vitex next month... any thoughts??
I used it for a while. Start slow, it can make you sick. Also, it takes at least 30 days to enter your system.

Hmm, 3 normal cycles to regulate? I'm on regular cycle 5 :-( DH just agreed that we'll have to dtd every other day all cycle. Teeheehee.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #105
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth

I used it for a while. Start slow, it can make you sick. Also, it takes at least 30 days to enter your system.

Hmm, 3 normal cycles to regulate? I'm on regular cycle 5 :-( DH just agreed that we'll have to dtd every other day all cycle. Teeheehee.
That's so funny. Husbands......
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #106
Piper4242
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Ok, maybe I will wait till Jan to start it. Too much holiday drama for me to whack out my emotions before then. :-)

Kjirsten Hope~ i love being married to my amazing husband and am a proud mommy to my DD (7/31/09) my DS (6/20/11) and my DD (12/3/13)

i love , ,

Last edited by Piper4242; 11-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Piper4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #107
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I read that vitex can lower your supply. I've never took it, so I don't know! I've heard so many mixed stories about it, I'd rather just stay away.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #108
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
I read that vitex can lower your supply. I've never took it, so I don't know! I've heard so many mixed stories about it, I'd rather just stay away.
Opposite! It's said to boost supply! Of course, depending on your hormone levels it can affect people differently. That being said....I'm not personally concerned about my supply since my child is over one.

And yes, husbands. Smh.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #109
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
Formerly: Coastiefam415
seller
seller

Quote:

DH said the EXACT same thing today! So funny. So... It seems I'm on an 11 week cycle... What does that mean?! I've only had AF twice since giving birth. Could I still be ovulating in the middle around week 5-6? Or should I just keep waiting for everything to regulate more. This is sooo frustrating!! I love BFing DD but I want another baby soooo bad too!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #110
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanksgiving was DRAMA here. Won't ever be hosting again!