Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dry pail stinking up my house! HELP!

I used to use a dry pail but no lid. It sat in the hallway beside the bathroom and no one ever noticed it.

That was fine until dd was about 18mos old and we just had to put it outside. Too stinky!

Rinsing all diapers would solve your problem but you might also try putting the diaper pail somewhere with better air circulation.

Advertisement

isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #12
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum
What do you wash with? My diaper pail smelled awful when I was using cd-friendly detergents, it stunk up my whole upstairs. Once I switched to Tide the pail never smells. I can smell it when I dump it in the washer but that's how close you have to be to smell anything.
I never rinsed pee diaper separately, and washed every other day.
Agreed. If the stink is that strong, I don't think your diapers are getting clean, OP. A little smell when you open the pail is normal but we have never been able to smell DS's any other time time unless there was a bigger issue.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
What do you wash with? My diaper pail smelled awful when I was using cd-friendly detergents, it stunk up my whole upstairs. Once I switched to Tide the pail never smells. I can smell it when I dump it in the washer but that's how close you have to be to smell anything.
This was our experience too.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
This is my experience also. I even go 4 days between washing now that I only have 1 in diapers. I never cover my pail, never add baking soda, never spray pee diapers only poops, never have a smell at all. I tried several CD sage detergents and they resulted in horrible stink but Tide equals NO stink at all for us!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote